Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Trying To Find An Artist's Name/song, serching for a song!
Bookmark and Share
meggirlbc 
Posted: 12-Jan-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

female

Hello!

New to the forum but a long time fan of Celtic Music. From Texas, but I love the living history in Celtic music as well as the ancient feeling and of course it is fun, and takes one to a different and wonderful place.

I have a question for anyone who might know. I have a vague description of an artist and a song; I got to the computer just too late to remember his name but got a glimpse of the album cover and the artist.

The artist is an elderly gentleman with a very deep voice and white hair and he sort of sang/spoke. The song, as far as I can remember, in this version was semi acappella with possibly drums and it was one of those songs about a man who has lived his life, is a bit of a scoundrel but one of the only lines I remember is in one of the later verses and he says something about how he doesn't feel bad about courting a lot of girls because "King David's Son King Soloman had dozens of wives"...

He sort of reminded me of the band member of The Dubliners with a very deep voice, but I wasn't sure what his name was or if he had done a solo album.

THanks so much for your time and I appreciate any feedback!!!

Meg
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Jan-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi meggirl bc. I hope your enjoying the music and the forum. Welcome. You have me thinking on this song. There's so many artists it could be. Sometimes when I like a song and don't get to it right away I will go to the Music Tools and look back at the 25 last songs played. Sometimes googling the lyrics can help. I will keep my eyes and ears open. In the meantime I hope you figure it out. Let us know.

Welcome once again.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Rhymer 
Posted: 14-Jan-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Kilsyth, Scotland

male

I can think of two artists with this description one is Michael Marra, a contemporart singer/songwriter from Dundee. He has a very low voice,gravely even.Sings in a talking fashion. www.marra.me.uk. Then there is Brian McNeill . Brian is an ex Battlefield Band member now sings solo:www.brianmcneill.co.uk. My favourite track of his is "Muir and the Master Builder" an absolute classic.Hope this helps if not then check them out anyway.
Slainte
Rhymer

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
"We are the last people on earth, the last to be free": Calgacus
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt