cylassie 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Arkansas - Near Ozark Mts.

female

I am looking for kin descended from Robert Henderson and his 5 grown sons who settled all of western PA in the late 1700's. My branch moved west. They formed Hendersonville, Henderson Township, which is now Mercer Co. Ask for more details if you have Hendersons who lived in PA, OH, IA, NE and KS anytime after 1780's or if your Henderson's go back to PA.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Donajhi 
Posted: 09-Jun-2007, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Hello,
I just found your post about the Hendersons.
Were any of the Hendersons from Kansas, perhaps the sons,
named: Grover, Claude, and James Edward? If so, I know
about them. The grandparents (James Edward & Kate),
of the above named boys, fled Henderson Scotland (just north
of St Andrews in the highlands), they were templars and a price
had been placed on their heads. In Glencoe the parents, of the
above named boys, blended and made a living as swords smiths.
The boys were born in and around Glencoe, but the quality of life
was not what the proud Henderson clan was use to. Also, they
still had the bounty on their heads. In the late 1700's James Edward Sr.
was captured and the family placed on a ship for the Colonies, (indentured)
They came in at where Maryland is today and worked their way
west. My marriage was arranged, my husband was, James Edward Henderson VII. His father (96 yrs.) was the one who passed along the above information.
I was awarded a box of old papers, when he passed, going back into the 1600's.
When my parents passed I also received a box of old documents, some to
the 1500's. My parents were, Ralph Fredrick Isbell (border clan) and my
mother was a MacCombs.
I do hope this has helped.

Royal02.gif

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
TandVh 
Posted: 24-Jun-2007, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

Donajhi- hi cousin- lots of cool info there about our family. hopefully cylassie can find some links to her family. There is a new forum started on the Clan Henderson Society of American and Canada site for clansmen to post family history in hopes of providing resources to folks who have gaps in thier known history.
I have an aunt who has researched the maternal side of the family, but, my grandfather wouldn't talk about his family and so there's a big vacancy in our ancestry on the Henderson paternal side.

Cylassie- sorry I can't provide you with more info, but, Electric Scotland is a great resource as is the Henderson Society web page-
http://www.clanhendersonusa.org/

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
cylassie 
Posted: 05-Aug-2007, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

female

Hi, Cousins,

Thanks for the information, what a gift to have your history handed down to you like that, Donjhi!

I just found a new project on the Clan Henderson Website.

http://clanhendersonusa.org/FirstHenderson...ontributor.html they are collecting information about the first henderson to set foot on American soil. I could find the other brothers lines that way and maybe more information and also provide new information for others.

I'll be joining this project after I get the info in a GEDCOM file.

Now, I see there is a Clan Henderson thread and more than 2 cousins on this site, I'll be checking back here more often! As I listen to Highlander Radio!
Donajhi 
Posted: 05-Aug-2007, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Cylassie,
You are very welcome and if I can be of more help just let me know. I would like to encourage you and TandVh to attend any type of gathering and wear your colours. The Henderson tartan is very well known and people will call out to you and walk up and engage you in conversation. We met 2 more branches of the the family in Flagstaff last month.

Please, think outside the box. Did you know the Hendersons were prized as bodyguards, especially by the king, because of their loyalty and fierce fighting ability. There is a Henderson sword company, motorcycle, seed company, churches, and textile company?

Check out famous Hendersons and have your socks blown off. You see, we are not only good with weapons, but very intelligent. I could go on and on as I have a rather large file and many boxes of our families history. But, what I am most proud of is the cup. I had it dated and I am now waiting for the documentation. Yes, we have a famous cup that has been dated to 1682 and the team of researchers feel it could go back farther. It carries a bullock that is a Druid symbol. I was raised Druid, as were my children and my grandson. The English scribes were the ones that recorded a great deal of our history and loved to embellish the truth. And the groups around the world are no where near to the truth. We do not eat babies, kill animals (in the compound where I was raised this would require a punishment. The loss of a body part in most cases), nor dance nude and have orgies. This is all stupid hype and only believed by those who fail to turn over their one brain cell each day.

Look at me, guess I'll always be a teacher at heart and when it comes to my family I really start to rattle on. Sorry about that.

Back to the cup. If you would like to see pictures of it I will be glad to post. The last time it was used was at my wedding, which was arranged. I was betrothed at 9 years, wed at 12, gave birth to my daughter at 13. Living in the compound I knew no different. We had no need for the outside world and many still had a price on their head in England. So the clan build their own city, high in the mountains above Issaquah Washington. Only when I started attending the Udub did I discover a whole other world. Of course that is a whole other story.

Again, sorry to rattle on, but hope I have encouraged each of you to stay true to your search. If at anytime I can help, please just ask, I do not consider my information and historical records mine, they are ours (family).

I will stop boring you and leave you each with this note. Did you know that Clan Henderson helped the Sinclairs build Rosslyn Chapel. Yes my cousins, you are Knights Templars. That is all I can say here. PM me for more info. Royal02.gif Royal02.gif Royal02.gif
cylassie 
Posted: 05-Aug-2007, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

female

Please post the pictures of the cup! WOW! I have Henderson's in WA still.

My Henderson's were Ulster Scots, left West Lothian for North Ireland and then came to PA.

All my research just makes me more proud to be a Henderson. After my divorce I took back my maiden name and proudly wear it!

I am a teacher, by the way, so rabble on!
Donajhi 
Posted: 05-Aug-2007, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Cylassie,
Glad to hear you are a teacher. I was a professor at MSTI before retiring and taking up writing.

I will try and post a couple of pictures of the cup. Have the ones taken for insurance.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
Donajhi 
Posted: 05-Aug-2007, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Forgot to mention about the dent. I have several stories told me by the elders. I don't really believe any of them.
One thing everyone could help me with is the craftsmans name on the bottom.
It looks like Roban Brown. I have no good information on him yet.
Here is another shot, don't know how to load more than one at a time, sorry.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
TandVh 
Posted: 05-Aug-2007, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

male

Donajhi the cup is beautiful. Is it copper? How is the handle attached? Looks like worked copper cup with a cast handle attached.
Hey- don't leave us hanging- we want to know the story of the dent whether it's believable or not!

Donajhi 
Posted: 05-Aug-2007, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello TandVh,

Yes, it is copper. The handle has file marks on the underside of it. I do not know if it is cast or not, but the medallions and handle are of the same material. As is the base.

The inside is rather seared from the years of a hot poker being plunged into the mead. I remember seeing this at my own wedding, where the cup was used for the last time. I have had it every sense that day, as it passed to me that day.
It was not to be washed, just air dried. So there was old ash that the research team used for dating. I have also been instructed not to polish it, just wipe with a soft cloth. As you can see in the pic there is some green tarnish in places. I will have to remove them with my fingernail so the metal will not be damaged.

Now the story passed down about the dent. It took me awhile to find the right book but here it is and Cylassie this might be part of what you are looking for.

Kearns Henderson Sr. was born on 25 april 1724 in Lancaster County, Penn. and married Elizabeth Robinson daughter of Andrew Robinson and Agnes Boal on 14 Nov. 1749 in Lancaster, Penn. A stone in Sugar Creek Churchyard reads, "Sacred to the memory of Elizabeth Henderson who died Oct. 4, 1805 aged 77 years. She is buried in Mecklenburg, NC. There is a list of sibling and children if you wish a list. Kearns died 25 May 1793 and is buried with Elizabeth.

Now the story I was told, one of the Henderson brother (Kearns') did not think the Robinson daughter was of a fitting quality to marry a Henderson. As I remember it was William, anyway the one my son is named for, James was trying to keep the peace and William was having none of it,(to much mead I think). As William became more abusive James decided to end the nonsense and bonged William over the head with the cup. Therefore quiting the loud mouth and the marriage came to past.

Now, Kearns' or Kairns' father William is descended from the Scottish Henderson clan and his 9th great grandmother is Joan Beaufort who died 15 July 1445. Her first husband was James I of Scotland the great grandson of Robert de Bruce, the liberator of Scotland, (the nobelman's son in Braveheart). The American Henderson's are descended from Joan and her husband James Stewart. Joan's great Grandfather was Edward III of England. Kearns' had a brother named Robert born in the middle 1700s. Perhaps he is who you are looking for.

TandVh 
Posted: 07-Aug-2007, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

male

Donahji and Cylassie- perhaps we should ask if we can start our own Henderson pinned topic here in this forum section or we could move it to the medieval forums where there is already a Henderson section? We are getting a little off topic in this particular thread.
whatcha think?
Donajhi 
Posted: 07-Aug-2007, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi TandVh,
Go for it, it is okay with me........
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]