Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Redheads Unite!, The Extinction of Redheads? - No Way!
Harlot 
Posted: 30-Jan-2009, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

My dad had blue eyes and so does my brother, daughter,grand-daughter and I had a son that blue eyes. Three have blonde ,me I have hazel eyes and brown hair

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
flora 
Posted: 31-Jan-2009, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

My dad and brother had the dark brown eyes and black hair. My mother, sister and myself have amber eyes with green mixed in.

Have you noticed how popular red hair is though? It seems alot of different ethnics enjoy red now also.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 03-Feb-2009, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 09-Jan-2009, 08:53 PM)
I wonder what Dundee has to say about this?

Wonder no more... moore... j padraig that is!

Being a fancier of Redheads for as long as i can remember. I can say that life with out them would be unbearable. There is something so soft, and subtle... the red hair the white skin oh and and them green eyes can't forget the green eyes!!!

I say anyone who say's they will be gone by 2060 are merely jealous .. not everybody can be a redhead no not even with clairol! redhead is an attitude a spirit a spunk. So let us raise our glasses (or two or three) to the redheads of the world, they make living in this mortal plane tolerable!!! beer_mug.gif ( lets hear some glasses clinking out there)

oh by the way...none of the above refers to redheaded men!! rolleyes.gif

ps and if they did disappear by 2060 it wont bother me i plan to be long planted by then
also the world ends 12/21/2012 according the the mayans right wink.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Madadh 
Posted: 04-Feb-2009, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

No to the mayan's, 12/21/2012 is just the end of round one.

Dundee, Good to see you are still alive. I knew a thread on redheads would bring you out.

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
GKing 
  Posted: 06-Feb-2009, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

male

wub.gif I back the seniments above . There heaven sent . The light skin to boot .
In my younger days before marrying when I was still non-domesticed biggrin.gif I dated several red heads . Today my wife is brunette w/ blue eyes . Still to this day when a red hed cruises by I can't help but take a glance . I tell my wife to blame it on the celtic genes . When I was a child till 8 yrs old I had red hair . My father had very dark brown "as do I now" my mother was blonde w/ blue eyes . I am not a "gene scholar" but I wonder that as people age if certain genes do not recess and others break through . I wonder that everytime I shave . As I mentioned I am now very dark headed ,but when I grow my beard out it has alot of red . Anyhoo , I raise my mug to the redheads . beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 12-Feb-2009, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

yup reds run in the family!!! meself, my neice & gran...seems we redheads all have blue eyes too!! i get to say it the scots flowing throught these veins thumbs_up.gif campbells & mcgregors wink.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
CelticQueenCelticLord 
Posted: 12-Feb-2009, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Los Lunas, NM, USA

female

Wow, extinct?? That would be a sad thing. There are many gorgeous heads of red hair around and blonde with blue eyes. My Dad is blonde/blue eyes, my Celtic Lord is also. When I get in the sun I also have red in my hair, be it my true color or or my bottle blonde. My hair is naturally med brown with tons of red in it and now, as I have gotten older I lighten it and low and behold, the red is still there. I love it.
As to being white, I am proud of it as anyone would be of their race but.......
I can see the race becoming extinct in a way. Living in New Mexico we ARE the minority. We are surrounded by the Hispanics, Native Americans and African Americans. They are all lovely people really. But, with mixed marriages here there are chocolate- (half black/white,) as my grandson calls himself. There are the Native American with black, white, hispanic so I can see it possibly happening. I do hope not tho.

--------------------
When the day shall come, that we do part; if my last words are not 'I love you'--ye'll ken it was because I didna have time. (Fiery Cross Quotes)
Also a Diana Gabaldon, Jamie Frazier lover
GaffneyGirl 
Posted: 13-Feb-2009, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Denver, CO

female

I was born with the strawberry blonde that faded to more of a dark blonde with red highlights. But my husband likes it when I "nudge" it back to red. He has the typical irish fair skin, dark hair, blue eyes. Our son ended up with my hair and my blue/green eyes.

Happy Valentine's Day All! heart.gif
PMEmail Poster               
lschillinger 
Posted: 13-Feb-2009, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

I am keeping my fingers crossed for someone to carry on the redhair gene! I'm hoping to have a least one that has red hair, but that may be to much to hope for! I keep joking with my husband telling him I need to start a red head breeding program and it would be purely for the sake of science! I don't think he believes me, but I'm still holding out for the flogging molly lead man Dave King smile.gif

--------------------
COURAGE GROWS STRONG AT THE WOUND

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."

“Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.”

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]