Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,806 Gold!

We had a brief hiccup tonight with our database. Luckily we had a recent copy and we were able to rebuild about 59 lost topics using a script we developed last year for this very purpose.

The only problem is that some of the topic titles were lost. So we updated those threads with what we think were the topic titles! biggrin.gif

I think this was the fastest recovery we ever had from a database crash!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 11-Jun-2008, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,633 Gold!

The music didn't go down; that's the most important thing. wink.gif biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif note.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 11-Jun-2008, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,806 Gold!

Yes, very important! biggrin.gif

We are working on a behind the scenes admin panel / watch dog so that the lovely Killian can monitor the entire operation during the day and spot troubles right away.

Also we have re-enabled nightly backups of the database which is probably a good idea!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 04:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Yes we lost some of the posts (64) in the historical archives as well because i posted last night in it and there is only 33 posts showing and some are missing also in the celtic heart forum, the poem "The blade" shows 0 replies when in fact there was quite more.

It seems like I see an old page of celtic radio.

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,806 Gold!

Let's give it another try. Looks like the database crashed again, although I can see that we did not completed one little aspect of the database recovery which might have caused this latest problem.
Camac
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 12-Jun-2008, 05:25 AM)
Yes we lost some of the posts (64) in the historical archives as well because i posted last night in it and there is only 33 posts showing and some are missing also in the celtic heart forum, the poem "The blade" shows 0 replay when in fact there was quite more.

It seems like I see an old page of celtic radio.

LOA

LOA;

What happened? I go get 9 teeth removed and disaster strikes. I guess I shouldn't have screamed so loud.

Camac.

CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,806 Gold!

I'm not sure if 64 posts where lost. Could you describe the posts, the issue is only effecting the topic table, no posts have been lost so we can recreate which we have done.

We had a bit of weirdness on our server, seems strange it happened at the same time some major security updates happened on our radio server. We also did a few more things today that we should have done yesterday. Please, if this happens send an email to us right away. Killian will be monitoring all day tomorrow.

No worries, we have plenty of backups and are running nightly backups of all data and programs. We also have remote backups too!

Could you let us know when you go to the dentist again? Not sure if that had something to do with it! biggrin.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Lost a few posts in the General Discussion/Ireland thread, that were posted between 6 PM and 7:30 PM. Also, a few that UlsterScotNutt posted during the late morning.

I show them under my profile as making the posts but they do not come up when you click on the thread. It's like there are two seperate threads for the same topic.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,806 Gold!

We updated the title names of the topics as our "rebuilding" script uses all of the posts to rebuild the topic names. I think we counted 59 missing topics last night, but they should have been rebuilt. But can't rule out other missing stuff.

Well, we have a nightly backup of the database scheduled for 2AM every night now, so if it happens again we should be adequetely protected.

Thanks for everyone checking out the forums and letting us know about any problems. We will try to get them fixed ASAP.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,633 Gold!

Be aware that since the second hiccup, the count on replies to topics may be off. I've noticed that in some topics (including this one) that the replies before the second outage are not included in the total count even though they are still here.

CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,806 Gold!

Hmm, might have to call in Bill Gates! biggrin.gif

Thanks for this tid-bit. Did not know that......will be looking at these database tables again.........
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jun-2008, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,806 Gold!

Also, just so everyone's knows, we rebuilt/repaired the database using a method which we believe will prevent the topic table from crashing again. This seems to be an issue atleast once a year with the topic table.

This repair used a new method we had not used in the past and actually rebuilt the index for the topics. There could be some missing posts / topics / reply count - but if it works it is probably worth the minor inconvenience if we stop these crashes from happening every so often.
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

Wow, little do we realise how much something means to us til its gone!!
Some topics show locked such as TamiMcLeods word of the week and Confederate flag issues, along with days worth of posts missing as A Shrule Egan mentioned in Ireland also, Gas Costs and a few others.

USN

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Under Celtic Hearts, Title, Description posted by Camac, if you go to reply, it says menu disabled, topic locked.
USN
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Posted on What are you doing right now... and it accepted my reply but the post and several of the last pages are missing.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]