Bookmark and Share
vickita 
Posted: 15-Oct-2006, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Hi everybody! I'm here in beautiful downtown Bedford, halfway through the Bedford Celtic Heritage Festival. It's a little festival with a lot of Texas Celtic music. Yesterday I saw Needfire, Paisley Close, BEHAN, Seamus Stout, Michael Harrison and Linda King, and the ever-present North Texas Caledonian Pipes and Drums. (Needfire was one of the last acts of the day, and I went almost all. day. without hearing any pipes, until the pipe band, um, piped up. Heh.)

Today I want to catch Tullamore (old friends from the Norman, OK Medieval Fair) and Spriggan and the Trinity River Whalers, assuming we don't get rained out. It was supposed to rain last night and all day today, and it hasn't started yet, so I'm holding my breath. Just a few more hours; is that too much to ask?

Also, yesterday I spoke with a fellow from SCMATX -- I stopped by their tent to ask if it was true that the Glengarry Bhoys are going to be at NTIF this year, and he was cagey, but he said, "Would that be a good thing?" And I said yes!!! -- and he said that they'd had almost fifty bands apply to appear at NTIF next year, but they've only got slots for 26 or so, so they're having the difficult and admirable task of deciding who's going to come. They're trying to balance it out between new acts (yay, new acts! I always like to see bands I've never seen before) and the old favorites, inasmuch as this will be NTIF's 25th year, and they want to celebrate with the bands that have been there for them all along, which I heartily agree with, too. So I'm glad the choices are *theirs* to make and not mine. Hell, I'm trying to be everywhere at once *this* weekend!

Been taking lots of pictures. More soon. Sláinte, y'all!!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt