Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Just released through AP

The FDIC took over Sun American Bank based in Boca Raton Fla. They also seized the Bank of Illinois in Normal, Ill, Waterfield Bank in Germantown, Md and Centennial Bank in Ogden, Utah.

For Waterfield Bank, because no buyer was found, the FDIC set up a new savings institution that will operate only until April 5 to allow customers access to their deposits and give them time to open accounts at other banks.

The FDIC was also unable to find a buyer for Centennial Bank, and it approved the payout of the institution's insured deposits. Zions First National Bank in Salt Lake City agreed to accept the failed bank's direct deposits from the federal government. All others must fend for themselves and that is a real nightmare.

The rate of bank seizures this year is likely to accelerate in coming months, FDIC officials stated. I suspect that will turn out to be an understatement.

This does not bode well!!

The FDIC has warned that it was harder to find banks to take over the failed ones. I suspect we hare there now.

My banking is in the process of being transferred to a chain of 8 banks located in an Amish community. They refused TARP funds when the offer was made. They have had three foreclosures in 103 years. They are almost as conservative as I am.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 06-Mar-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

These bank failures are, IMO, due to the laissez-faire attitude of former Fed chairman Alan Greenspan and his lackeys. The were the ones pushing for deregulation of the banking industry, which led to the bad loans being made. He believed that the market would eventually correct itself.

When a tree limb gets diseased, does the tree fix itself? No. The diseased limb has to be removed by an outside authority to ensure the health of the rest.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Mar-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

These problems began under clinton and continued under bush. It took the legislature under the control of BOTH parties to remove the regulation. There are now several studies available on the subject but most cite NAFTA as the seed from which the crisis grew.

The great question now, using your comparison, is just how much of the tree or forrest is diseased?

We are now looking at the failure of a "lot" of commercial loans based on commercial real estate values. A great deal of industry uses it's real estate for necessary operating capital. The value no longer covers existing loans, thus many complexes will go into default.

My, soon to be, old bank bought two out of state banks last week. One was an office only with no tellers/normal banking activity.

I am glad to be getting out as I suspect my old bank will likely soon be on the sale block.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt