Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
252,683 Gold!

This is a good suggestion and one which we will definitely think about in future development.

Obviously, somesort of "cost" to maintain your army and perhaps a seasonal effect could be built in a RLS (Real Life Simulator).

First, I would not detract from the fun of the game and not create huge penalties either. I would'nt want to add something that does not add fun and interest to the game. The RLS is bigger than a breadbox so will be put off for later development.

In fact, the RLS is something that I have thought about for sometime. And now it becomes apparent that the RLS will be a completely different program that runs along side of the game.

From the RLS we can add real life events such as storms, tax collection, bad crops, famine and more. The sky is the limit! smile.gif We might need to hire a few programmers for all of this!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Harlot 
Posted: 20-Oct-2008, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Sometimes I think there is already RLS not enough Food!

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 21-Oct-2008, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
252,683 Gold!

Those poor starved villagers.......how about a medieval financial meltdown where we invest billions of gold into a few preferred kingdoms! biggrin.gif

Please Mr. Bernanke, send me another rebate check! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
McRoach 
Posted: 21-Oct-2008, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,298,456 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

As long as the "investment" goes to the top ten players and comes from the rest I am all for it! wink.gif

I look forward to the RLS but don't get too creative, I could do without earthquakes and volcanos wiping entire villages out. unsure.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
subhuman 
Posted: 21-Oct-2008, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

Sometimes I think there is already RLS not enough Food!

Food? I keep running out of wood!

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 01-Nov-2008, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Like I said in the Food thread...it's getting ridiculous with the food incoming.

To hell RLS, my garden produces much faster then this...maybe the computer needs more compost and manure.... wink.gif

LOA dry.gif smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Nov-2008, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
252,683 Gold!

QUOTE (Lady-of-Avalon @ 01-Nov-2008, 07:25 PM)
Like I said in the Food thread...it's getting ridiculous with the food incoming.

To hell RLS, my garden produces much faster then this...maybe the computer needs more compost and manure.... wink.gif

LOA dry.gif smile.gif

We will look into that, but understand the development of this game is going very slow as we have time. I agree that we need to make some adjustments.

Everything in good time! smile.gif
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 06-Nov-2008, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 05-Nov-2008, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (Lady-of-Avalon @ 01-Nov-2008, 07:25 PM)

LOA dry.gif  smile.gif

We will look into that, but understand the development of this game is going very slow as we have time. I agree that we need to make some adjustments.

Everything in good time! smile.gif

That is fine by me Paul...

LOA smile.gif thumbs_up.gif
subhuman 
Posted: 06-Nov-2008, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

And as I pointed out in the Food Thread, myself and some others (there's more food in the market than what I put in, thus others also sell excess) produce more food than wood.
Increasing food production would have a negative impact on us- we already produce more than we need, and we maintain a favorable balance by selling our excess.
This is how economy works between nations- there are very few (if any) nations that are totally self-reliant, with no need for foreign trade.
I produce excess food, you produce excess wood. We each sell the other our excess, and we're all happy.
Picture it from another perspective- would it be fair for me to request that Mac increase wood production so that I did not have to buy any? What effect would this have on a person like you, who already has more wood than they know what to do with?
If nobody ran short, and you produced excess- eventually you'd have a huge stockpile of it sitting around going to waste. The only way that excess does you any good is if someone else has a shortage and buys it from you.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 06-Nov-2008, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

I completely understand your point Subhuman and agree that we need to have exchange and all.I for one,didn't know how to use the market...now I know thanks to you and stevenpd who kindly explained on how to use it.

However, it seems that the food ratio is not the same for all and it's a reality.Because it seems that I'm not the only one that noticed the slow income of the resource.

Is it because of the numbers of farms one players possess and/or is it the numbers of workers on them that doesn't balance the income?
How one is suppose to know how many farms is enough and how many workers needs to work them to receive a profitable income?

Or then again, maybe the price that are set up for training is not adequate in comparison to each resources and that what makes the food ratio go down too fast and takes a long time to increase again.

LOA smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]