Posted: 08-Nov-2007, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Live365 is upgrading all channels to the latest broadcast software release which will result in channels streaming on port 80. So, what does this mean? Port 80 is the same port that webpages come through on - so those that might have been blocked by a corporate network, will now be able to listen!

Here are the details:

Dear Live365 Broadcaster,

Live365 is upgrading all stations to a new version of Nanocaster, v2.7.0.36, starting today and culminating in a forced restart at 9pm on Saturday,
10 Nov 2007 (5am GMT, Sunday, Nov. 11) of any stations still running on the previous version. There will be a brief outage for each station and its
listeners during the restart. To minimize the possible disruption for LIVE-mode broadcasters, we suggest that you restart your station at your
earliest convenience, particularly if you are running 3rd party broadcasting software that needs to have an IP address manually entered (e.g.
Shoutcast), as it is possible that your IP:port assignment will change during the restart. If you are running Studio365-Live, any address
reassignment will be handled for you automatically.

When the upgrade is complete, all listeners will be able to connect to Live365 streams on port 80. This is the standard port assigned for web traffic
and almost anywhere you can access a web page, you will now be able to access our audio streams without interference from high-port blocking
firewalls or misconfigured security software. Over time, we expect that most stations will experience an increase in listenership as fewer users run
into technical problems connecting to our streams.

Note to LIVE broadcasters: even though the outbound listening connections will now be on port 80, the inbound master audio feeds will continue to
reside on high ports (i.e. 20,000+) on our streaming servers, just as before. If you are broadcasting LIVE successfully today, you will not want to
make any changes to your firewall configurations; if you are new to LIVE broadcasting, you will want to be sure your network settings allow outbound
connections to Live365 on high ports.

Sincerely,
Live365 Broadcasting Team
Live365, Inc. * 950 Tower Lane * Suite 400 * Foster City * U.S.A.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt