Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 09-Feb-2007, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Formerly the Upper Great Lakes Renaissance Faire we are starting a new chapter in my hometown faire's life. UGLRF was a great little faire during its 4 year run but after a two years with no faire we now have new management and are ready for a new start. The link can be found here

http://www.mindforrent.com/faire_index.htm

There is not too much on the site now but it will probably be updated as time goes by and things are more definite.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 11:26 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Must be really exciting for your, Roberto. keep us posted and if you go, post photos! wink.gif
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
Posted: 16-Mar-2007, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

Hey Roberto, that sounds like fun. About how far would you say it was from Grand Rapids? I would love to check it out in the summer.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
kiltedlover69 
Posted: 16-Mar-2007, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Saline Michigan

male

From Grand Rapids its about 10-11 hour drive to Ironwood. I have hunting Land in the Porcupine MTN off of 519.. Lake of the clouds

Anyway, Bill Gorden is the athlete director.. I was invited to compete in Ironwood but, National Championship are in Saline Michigan same weekend. Plus we have the top 8 out of 1o Pros in the world competing there..

Grand Rapids to Saline ...3-4 hours biggrin.gif

Plus this year we have a 30 feet working viking ship that will run the shore and have a reenactment battle on the shore .. going to be pretty sweet
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Here is a new web link. Its a bit more updated than the one in the first post.

http://lakesuperiorrenfaire.com/
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Apr-2007, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Really cool website, Roberto. I bet it is beautiful there. Thanks for sharing!
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 27-May-2007, 11:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The website has been updated in the entertainment area. We just added a russian theatre group and a medieval samurai group. The samurai group has a 700 year old samurai sword that will be used for a cutting demo
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-May-2007, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Whoa! That all should be both interesting, fascinating and a huge educational experience. Hope you and others will be able to attend!
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 15-Jul-2007, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Well, our ren faire is over for the year and even though I was able to attend for a one day I would have to say that I was very impressed with just about everything. The weather held up very nicely with lots of sun but cool temperatures. I figured with the restart that it would be a smaller faire but it was close to twice the size it was when it closed down two years ago. I got to get a look at the 700 year old samurai sword and it was a beautiful piece of work. A pair of new scissors cutting paper had a harder time than this sword did through the rolled up mat. Great lectures and demos were put on thoughout the entire faire. The best part was that it was such a diversity of different cultures. Of course the celtic presence is at almost every ren faire but we also had the samurai group, a russian theatre group mostly made up of grade school kids who preformed very professionally and the SCA and ARMA also put on great demos. I thinking of getting the local Finish group involved next year. There are still a few problems that have to be fixed but they are minor ones that can be dealt with. I haven't heard any thing about the number of people there but it did seem attendence was up in comparison with past faires. So for now it seems that next year will be a go. Thanks to all that helped spread the word or came up and participated.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 17-Jul-2007, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Video!! Well ok its more a slide show than video but its something to give you a bit of an idea of what went on during our ren faire this year. I'm not in any of the pictures which were taken by a friend of mine (Good job Steve). My daughter made it into one (red head with black dress standing next to garb) even though her face is turned away from the camera. Hard to belive she had the granddaughter just three weeks ago. The samurai act is in there using that 700 year old sword to clip off the rolled up mat along with a few other local characters. ARMA and the SCA are also in there. The audio isn't the best but the song is still catchy. Here is the Youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvkw664YN-s
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 30-Jun-2008, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Well, another ren faire has come and gone. We had it last weekend and it went pretty good. I would have posted info but I just didn't have the time and I completely forgot about postine info. The faire itself was moved ahead a month so as to be the first outdoor festival for the year up here and we don't have to compete wth the Fourth of July, Festival Ironwood, and the Pavo Nurmi marathon along with everything else that happens to be scheduled in July. Good move on the faire boards part. We did have some acts bow out at the last minute probably due to the date change. I wasn't involved this year other than being a playtron-and I'm not sure if I will be in the future. Just too many things going on in my life. Still it was alot of fun. We had the grandaughters 1st birthday party at the faire. Her poor face was so covered in chocolate cake! Hopefully my daughter will post the pictures somewhere. Still, as far as the faire up here goes there are some kinks that still need to be worked out and hopefully the faire will continue next year.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]