Posted: 08-Feb-2004, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

About time! I was getting tired of sending on messages to you. tongue.gif

Now, time to get things back to normal, or I'll tell mom.

Group hug, group hug hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 08-Feb-2004, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Welcome back; Richard...see how glad all we folk are to have you back! laugh.gif

And thank you for the post...this was no coincidence at all, wasn't it? smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 14-Feb-2004, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Our Turtle Clan Mother sent this to me.

Elder's Meditation

"No individual or group can block another individual's path or change it against what fits his nature and his purpose. It might be done for a time, but in the end it won't work out."

Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

Every person is born for a purpose. We may know our purpose very early in our lives, or it may take us some time. Very often we need to experience many things before our purpose is clear to us. Sometimes we pick our goals to please others. Sometimes others pick our goals to make themselves happy. Often this makes us unhappy. We need to pray to the Creator and ask Him what our purpose is. When we live outside our purpose, our path is full of obstacles. When we live inside our purpose, our path is smooth. When we are aligned to our purpose, we are happy and content.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 28-Feb-2004, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation of the Day

"Sometimes, life is very simple, but it is we two-leggeds, we who are thought to be smart that make it complicated."

Larry P. Aitkin, CHIPPEWA

Sometimes it may take years for us to find out what we are really after-it is to be happy. The Elders say, lead a simple life. This doesn't necessarily mean poor, it means simple. There are some things that makes life complicated such as needing control, needing power or being resentful or angry. These things make complications happen. We need to walk in balance in every area of our lives.

Great Spirit, let me lead a simple life.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 29-Feb-2004, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"The Great Spirit is the one that's looking after us."

Jimmy Jackson, OJIBWAY

The only place our minds can find peace is when our focus is on the Creator. Daily we need to ask the Creator to direct our thinking. When we look at our brothers and sisters, we need to see the Creator in them. When we look at the trees, plants and the animals, we need to realize the Creator is within us. Our attention needs to be on the Creator. When we work, we do it for the Creator. When we are troubled, we need to pray to the Creator. When we are happy and joyful, we need to realize we are feeling the presence of the Creator. Thinking God thoughts will produce peace.

Oh Great Mystery, let me focus on You today.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 06-Mar-2004, 01:12 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"In the Indian way, we are connected to that flower if we understand its spirit, the essence of its life."

Larry P. Aitken, CHIPPEWA

Everything on our Earth is alive. Every rock, every plant, every animal, every tree, every bird, every thought is alive. This is true because everything is made by the Great Spirit and the Great Spirit is alive. We need to slow our lives down each day and realize, consciously, that this is true. First we need to realize it, second, we need to acknowledge it, third, we need to appreciate it and, finally, we need to go on.

Great Spirit, let me see life through Your eyes. Today let me be alive.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"The old people say, `Learn from your mistakes'. So I try to accept everything for what it is and to make the best of each situation one day at a time."

Dr. A.C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA

The Creator did not design us to beat ourselves up when we make mistakes. Mistakes are our friends. It is from mistakes that we learn. The more mistakes we learn from, the faster we gain wisdom. The faster we gain wisdom, the more we love. The more we love, the fewer our mistakes. Therefore, mistakes help us to learn love. Creator is love. Mistakes are sacred and help us learn about Creator's will for ourselves.

Great Spirit, help me, today, to learn from my mistakes.

PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 05-Apr-2004, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"If anyone has children, they better teach their children to follow the traditions that we're leaving behind because it is later than we think with all that's going on."
Juanita Centeno, CHUMASH

The habits, attitudes and beliefs that carry the human through the trials of life are developed at a very young age. If we are taught respect at a very young age, the odds are we'll be respectful through our whole lives. If we are taught to dance at a young age, we'll dance our whole lives. If we are taught to sing the traditional songs while we are young, we'll sing those songs through out whole lives. And who do we drum and sing songs to? Our children. This is how we keep it going.

Great Spirit, today, teach me to teach the children.

PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 07-Apr-2004, 01:34 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"In our modern world today, we may seem like drowning men because of the loss of much of our spiritual tradition."
Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

Our spiritual tradition shows us the way to live in harmony, balance and respect. The tradition taught us how to behave and how to conduct ourselves. The spiritual way taught us to pray and to purify ourselves. Handed down from generation to generation were the teachings about a way of life. Our relationship to Mother Earth and to each other was very clear. The Modern World does not relate to spirituality but to materialism. If we do not allow spirituality to guide our lives, we will be lost, unhappy and without direction. We are spiritual beings trying to be human, not human beings trying to be spiritual. It is said, Know thyself.

Grandfather, lead me to spirituality.
PMEmail Poster                
tsargent62 
Posted: 07-Apr-2004, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

I am so glad I found this thread. I discovered it about an hour ago and read the whole thing. I feel a profound sense of peace. It is a wonderful feeling. This thread is a valuable repository of wisdom. I plan on going back and reading it again in the next few days.

May peace be upon you all and the love of our Creator fill your spirit.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 07-Apr-2004, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Tell the Turtle Clan Mother Thank You from all of us.

*Hugs Papa*
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 11-Apr-2004, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Thanks Angel, I will do that. HUGS to you too. wink.gif

Elder's Meditation

"The manner with which we walk through life is each man's most important responsibility, and we should remember this with every new sunrise."
Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

Every spiritual person should carry a vision of Creator's will in every area of their life. One day at a time, each morning at sunrise, we should spend time praying to the Creator. We should say something like, my Creator, this morning I ask you to show me, in terms I can understand, what you have or me to do. By doing this daily, over time, we will develop an unquestionable vision. Each person is responsible for taking the time to do this. It will bring great joy and peace of mind to those warriors who do.

My Creator, give me the vision, today, of what you want me to do.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 28-Apr-2004, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"You must be prepared and know the reason why you dance."
Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

Inside every human being is a need to dance. We dance to music. Have you even wondered why people are moved when they hear an Indian Drum? The drum is the heartbeat of the Mother Earth. Every Indian dance is for a purpose and a reason. Every Song is for a reason. The beat of the drum makes our bodies, minds and spirits join together in harmony. It allows us to connect to Mother Earth and to each other. The dance aligns our minds to think spiritual thoughts. Dancing to the drum is healthy.

Great Spirit, today, I dance to honor you.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 01-May-2004, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"Conciliation is the key to survival. Peace is the goal."
Haida Gwaii, Traditional Circle of Elders

When we make decisions or experience conflict we need to look at the greater whole. The end result we want to accomplish is peace of mind. If we keep this goal in mind, we will, overall, live a happy and fulfilling life. Everything in the world is constantly changing so we should not resist this change. A good question to ask ourselves is, "would I rather be right or happy?" If we would rather be happy, then it is easier to let the little things go. If we would rather be right, we tend to look for the WIN/LOSE.

Great Spirit, today, give me the tools to seek peace of mind.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"The old people came literally to love the soil and they sat or reclined on the ground with a feeling of being close to a mothering power...The soil was soothing, strengthening, cleansing and healing..."
Luther Standing Bear, OGLALA SIOUX

Have you ever noticed the relationship between children and the soil? Watch how happily they are touching the dirt. The children play in it and eat it. If you are stressed, go to a spot on the Earth, sit down, put your fingers in the dirt, dig in it. Wash your hands in the soil. When you touch it, notice what it does to your hands. Our bodies love to touch the Earth. Sometimes we get too busy and forget these simple things. Maybe you'll even want to plant a garden or flowers. These things are mentally healthy.

Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]