Posted: 12-Oct-2006, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

Really nice pictures CelticRose. I spent about 8 streight months in the arabian desert and learned the animals and plants there and begin to enjoy these as time went along. I became friends with a kangaroo mouse and a desert fox.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-Dec-2006, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Just now saw this post, Montie. Sometimes I get notifications of a reply and sometimes I don't. It just all depends how my emails are already in my inbox and my Outlook express tends to delete if I get too crowded..oops!

Aw, how sweet of your wee desert friends. So you were in the Arabian desert. Were you one of our soldiers there? I love the wild life in the desert. I live in a semi-small town that will be small no longer as the planners here are tearing up our deserts to build new construction every day. So sad and so terrible for our desert animals. Really greatly upsets me to no end.

Anyway, thanks for your nice comments. I have probably taken 2 million new photos since! I am a real photo hog! LOL
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I entered a photo contest earlier this month. The reception was tonight.....I won nothing! waaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Most everyone who won any awards were all black and white and from film cameras! unsure.gif Oh well. They were all judged by our local newspaper. guess I won't be working for them! biggrin.gif This is one of the photos I entered. I had to laugh cause while at the reception tonight, one college photography student made this comment rather loudly how she not only hated photos of flowers but anyone who photographed flowers...EEP! laugh.gif It was all I could do to keep from boxing her in the jaws! Hubby was proud of me for not doing so and for keeping my big mouth shut! laugh.gif I thought it was a rather nice photo, actually, but then what do I know? unsure.gif

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Another photo I had entered was one of my dogs. Now this photo won a spot in a local calendar contest, but nothing tonight...boo hoo. I take this stuff waaaaaay too seriously and always goal oriented. rolleyes.gif But oh well. Here it is of my dog, Nikki and his friend.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
sisterknight 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

my girl, you are talented!!!those people must have the taste of a gorilla not to like it!!! smile.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

gorrilla?! laugh.gif laugh.gif sounds good to me! hahahahhahaha oh well, I may not be anywhere near professional photography, but I did like these two above photos. Thanks, sisternight!
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Those are wonderful pictures! Sorry to hear you didn't win anything. By the looks of these you should of. I love the rose its beautiful. Keep up the great pictures.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Those are nice pics CR, sorry you didn't win anything, I thought they were both really good!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I have to agree with sisterknight, the judges have no taste. They are wonderful pictures. Keep up the good work. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Mar-2007, 11:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh ladies! You are very very kind! I got over not winning anything the next morning! LOL I had to remind myself it is just part of the hobby/business. Judges have certain subjective favorites and there is always someone better than you anyway! That is just part of life! I have to constantly remember that and not take things so personal in the future! wink.gif smile.gif

Thanks for your encouragment! thumbs_up.gif

j Padraig moore 
Posted: 13-Mar-2007, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

We had an employee art exhibit last night at work. I brought in a couple of photos. But when I saw how talented my co-workers are (not just photography but all kinds of art), I kind of got cold feet and left the reception early. I gotzero comments on my pics - good or bad!.

CR - your photos are great! Keep at it.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Mar-2007, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

JP! I am so sorry to hear this news. It is the pits to attend these competitions and not be recognized, let alone have anyone say anything. I hope you are not feeling discouraged, but instead using your new camera A LOT! I would love it if you would post your photos for us to enjoy! Please do, ok?

I just keep thinking for me that practice makes better. If not? I am sure having fun with my cameras! I feel for you..believe me...but I am trying not to take it personal and I hope you don't with your photos as well! But it is still hard, isn't it? hug.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 15-Mar-2007, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Hey Rose!

Just had a chance to look at your pictures. Many weren't available, so I'll have to come back after photobucket's done kicking the bucket. smile.gif

My heart was absolutely stolen away by the girl in pink!! What a face! And as the photographer, you caught the wonderful expression, the posture and especially the shadowing that gives that photo depth. You have such a feel for children in your works. Have you entered any of those in competitions? They are wonderful!

The one of the rose caught my breath when I opened it. Lovely, lovely, lovely. You caught the heart of a rose. Should expect nothing less from a celticrose!

Pay NO attention to competitions. Skip them entirely. Go straight to the paying gigs. If I'm going to be turned down I want it to be for publication not some blue ribbon. tongue.gif

Well, well done. You are so talented.

Ever think of going into photograpy of children?

Elspeth

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-Mar-2007, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Elspeth, thanks so much for your kind words. I do love photographing children and have considered doing more of it. My neighbors all have plenty and I could ask to bower them in their own back yards! That's a thought! Thanks!

Actually, I went back and looked at some of my photos and was aghast by what I posted in here. Now I am not happy with any them and embarrassed that I even posted them! So I hope that means I am seeing things with better photographic eyes? Maybe?! I hope! But thanks for your comments anyway. I really need to work on contrast and lighting...BIG time! More to come! wink.gif
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 19-Mar-2007, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 14-Mar-2007, 09:36 PM)
... but instead using your new camera A LOT! I would love it if you would post your photos for us to enjoy! Please do, ok?

I have not been able to use the new camera too much, between working and the crappy weather we have had. Also, I found that the photo files are way too big to post here. Over in the Tech Support section Mac and I have discussed, briefly, what to do to re-size them. Now I have to just sit myself down at the computer and do it. I will try to get some pics on my gallery sometime soon.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]