Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Of course, there is the old standbye, " Shhh, just a minute, I need to hear this." But honestly, that doesn't seem to be as effective as the quick glance and the "What?" does.

But one has to wonder, how come they pick such inappropriate times to discuss stuff like that?

Or better yet, why discuss stuff at all? Sheesh! That's the kind of stuff we men have to do at work, don't want to carry that baggage home to.

Leo cool.gif by the way Shadows, that reminds me of a joke, but I just can't tell it here. (about the hard of hearing fat guy that goes to a sauna one day, when some spunky dumb kid asks him when was............then the kid says why don't you diet, and the fat guy says, "Why? what color is it?) laugh.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (Herrerano @ Jan 8 2004, 08:15 PM)
Of course, there is the old standbye, " Shhh, just a minute, I need to hear this."  But honestly, that doesn't seem to be as effective as the quick glance and the "What?" does.

But one has to wonder, how come they pick such inappropriate times to discuss stuff like that?

Or better yet, why discuss stuff at all?  Sheesh! That's the kind of stuff we men have to do at work, don't want to carry that baggage home to.

Leo cool.gif  by the way Shadows, that reminds me of a joke, but I just can't tell it here.  (about the hard of hearing fat guy that goes to a sauna one day, when some spunky dumb kid asks him when was............then the kid says why don't you diet, and the fat guy says, "Why?  what color is it?) laugh.gif

Of course, there is the old standbye, " Shhh, just a minute, I need to hear this." But honestly, that doesn't seem to be as effective as the quick glance and the "What?" does.

"Was that the phone" sends em runnin tooo!!! LOL

Or better yet, why discuss stuff at all? Sheesh! That's the kind of stuff we men have to do at work, don't want to carry that baggage home to.

Leo cool.gif by the way Shadows, that reminds me of a joke, but I just can't tell it here. (about the hard of hearing fat guy that goes to a sauna one day, when some spunky dumb kid asks him when was............then the kid says why don't you diet, and the fat guy says, "Why? what color is it?) laugh.gif

LOL!!!!!!!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Herrerano 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Well, the phone won't work for me since it is right next to the tv, which by the way, brings up another interesting question.

Why, for heaven's sake, does that obstinante streak seem to be so strong? Or is it just latinas? Actually, my wife wanted the phone in a different place, but her mother went bonkers and insisted that it had to go next to the tv. Maybe since telephones are relatively knew out in this part of the world she figured it had to be in that spot to work tongue.gif.

Hey,
I was perusing one of those really informative quasi-news programs a few years ago, something like Primer Impacto or one of those and one of the stories was about a moose running rampant in some town in Maine, complete with pictures of the moose in question. Well, my Mother in law walked in while the moose was being shown on TV and started screaming for my wife to come quickly. She was so excited and was yelling, - Mira, Mira la chupacabra. - (Look, Look a chupa cabra.... which litteraly means goat sucker and is the name of a beast that supposedly roams these parts killing animals and draining thier blood) laugh.gif

Leo
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Oh Man I pity you! Superstisious (spl) inlaws of the third world... ARRGH!!!

wink.gif

only thing worse is.... well never mind LOL!
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (Herrerano @ Jan 8 2004, 06:29 PM)
Richard Bercot Posted on Jan 8 2004, 07:23 PM

Correct. Lots of times we don't even communicate with words, just one sylable grunts and body language are enough. With an occasional belch or, well you know.

Leo cool.gif

OOOhhh! *as she squeels* This is sooooo interesting!!! thumbs_up.gif I didn't know you men had such intensive conversations and you use such large words! smartass.gif You vocabulary is so incredible *ooo that's probably too big a word* fine!

Whe you are communicating I especially like the scratching and expelling of gas! fart.gif fartnew.gif

I'm so glad Richard hasn't figured out how to "actually" colse the door tight lol.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

wink.gif Hey guys...

How do you deal with the dreaded "butt sweats"? Is there something we can do to not have the unsightly "line" down the back of our jeans????

tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Thanks guys!

This site is much funnier than the women's one. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
Herrerano 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Hey, well, I had a theory that has definitely been proven correct.

When I started this thread I was pretty sure that if I put that 'Girls... Keep out ' thing, that would garauntee they would be flocking here by the droves. Of course, I don't know anything that could be done to keep em out, they are so nosey about everything. If any of you guys have any ideas let me know.

As far as the flatulence goes, men know that they do not ever have flatulence unless someone else is in the room, sorta like the if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there thing.

I don't know, maybe this was a regional thing but seems to me the most words out a mans mouth in the company of other men is usually something along the lines of,
"Hey Bubba, watch this." Usually preceded by a trip to the emergency room. Guys do it here too, seen it several times. Made several trips to the emergency room, both accompanying and as a patient.

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

You forgot...

" Here hold my beer " part of that "Watch this...."

wink.gif laugh.gif
Herrerano 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Yeah the butt sweats, that is quite a problem down here and honestly, there really isn't all that much one can do. Just don't be wearing white trousers and if you are best to have on some undies. In the tropics it is much more comfortable to go, ummm, well, 'regimental', if you know what I mean.

The thing that mystifies me is the shrinking butt syndrome. You know, you start out in the morning on one belt size and by afternoon are having to adjust to keep your pants up. What causes that? Or is it just me?

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Hey, Leo, it had nothing to do with your disclaimer. I just lead a really boring life and am easily amused by stupid, guy banter.

BTW, I hear inquiries are in process as to the whereabouts of your cat.
Herrerano 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Shadows Posted on Jan 8 2004, 09:45 PM

You forgot...

" Here hold my beer " part of that "Watch this...."

Yes, right about that Shadows, just remember that lots of the secondary sex seem to think we always have a beer in hand which simply is not true.

Hey Elspeth, no problem, you girls can hang out and stuff here. Just no lectures in here, ok?

As far as the cat, he is fine. I saw him last night do his routine where he goes up on the roof of the rancho bat hunting. He does it every night for a couple of hours.

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Jan 9 2004, 02:46 AM)
Hey, Leo, it had nothing to do with your disclaimer. I just lead a really boring life and am easily amused by stupid, guy banter.

BTW, I hear inquiries are in process as to the whereabouts of your cat.

OH Elspeth, that was good! box.gif

Yuck, you guys talk grose! Butt sweat, gas and belching! Next you will be talking jock itch!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Elspeth 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (Herrerano @ Jan 8 2004, 09:54 PM)
Yes, right about that Shadows, just remember that lots of the secondary sex seem to think we always have a beer in hand which simply is not true.

You mean you guys don't? ohmy.gif

Quick, somebody tell my husband it isn't manditory he always have a beer in his hand!

I'm not even looking at the use of the word secondary. cool.gif I'll allow you your delusions. Afterall, it is your thread.

And never fear, I save all my lectures for those who have to listen to them. tongue.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]