maggiemahone1 
Posted: 31-Jul-2004, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

WizardofOwls, my hubby takes an inhaler called Advair. He has been on many different kind but this one has helped him tremendously. Also he has to take breathing treatments 2 or 3 x daily. The medication he takes with this is Albuterol. He is 58 and we have been married for almost 33 years, I'm not ready to part with him yet. biggrin.gif Try not to get discouraged. Hopefully your doctor will get you on the right meds and you will feel much better.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 31-Jul-2004, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Dear Allen,

I am so sorry for the news you have recieved...Please try not to get discouraged (which I know is a very hard thing to do). I will be praying daily for you. I pray the Lord will send His word to heal you. I pray His grace and tender mercies cover you like a warm blanket and His peace that passes all human understanding fill your heart and give you courage to face whatever lies ahead.
May God recieve all the honour and all the praise. In the Name of Jesus Christ, A-men.

Your friend,
Róisín

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 01-Aug-2004, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Just another update on Kristi. She was moved to a rehab center last week. All tubes that were hooked up to her have been removed. She's a very feisty girl, and I think that has definately helped her. She even gets an attitude with the nurses and was sticking her tongue out at them when she still had a trache (sp?) in her throat. She does speech therapy in the morning and physical therapy in the afternoon. She doesn't remember the accident and keeps asking what happened to her. The last thing she remembers was having her cousin in the car with her. Luckily she had dropped her off before the accident, but doesn't remember, so she keeps asking if her cousin is ok. She gets very frustrated, but at least now that she's in rehab, she can tunnel that frustrated energy into her therapy. Patrick said she's usually sleeping for the night by 7pm because she's so exhausted. She is surprising all of the doctors. At first, they didn't think she'd be back in school at all this year, and now they're hoping to have her back in school by the 2nd semester.

Her family is suing the trucking company. Apparently they've been responsible for 6 deaths and 32 seriously injured people in the past year alone! Their trunks fail inspections about 15% of the time. They've done up models of the accident and have come to the conclusion that it wasn't her fault, and what's left of her car has apparently been wrapped in plastic and stored as evidence. Her medical bills are already approaching $100,000.

Please keep her and the family in your prayers. Between the prayers and her feistinous, she's already well on her way down the road to recovery.

Thanks,
Shelly

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 02-Aug-2004, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

What good news, Irish Stepper! Sounds like Kristie has a lot of spunk. Good for her!

Will continue to keep her and the rest of the family in my prayers.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 02-Aug-2004, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Wizardman,

Do not be discouraged. I have a feeling the Lord is no where through with you yet. There is much to do and He will assure you have the stregnth and physical capabilities needed.

Take care of yourself. Do what you need to. And, if at all possible, get out of that work environment. My husband works with some nasty chemicals as well that make his skin react horribly.

Didn't you post a while ago that you felt unsettled where you are working, that you wanted to do more, or am I confusing you with someone else? Perhaps this report is a sign to take better care of yourself, including different employment.

As you are concentrating on healing your body, open your mind and heart as well. Maybe this is the beginning of an entire new chapter of your life.

Elspeth

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
Elspeth 
Posted: 02-Aug-2004, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

I was so glad to see that frowning icon turned to a smile.

God is good!

I am not one for sueing as a rule, but when a company is so dangerously irresponsible, they need to be held accountable and stopped from hurting anyone else.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 02-Aug-2004, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Elspeth,

I'm not generally one for suing either. Especially these cases where it's obvious there's nothing wrong with a person (like in a minor fender-bender). But in a case like this where the truck driver was grossly negligent and they had to cut her out of the car and airlift her, then I'm definitely all for it! I doubt if it will make them any more responsible, but the family needs the money to pay for the medical bills from someplace! unsure.gif Especially since the insurance the company had covers only up to $10,000 in medical bills per person. Kristi went through that, and more, in the first 24 hours.
barddas 
Posted: 06-Aug-2004, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

QUOTE (Irish Stepper @ 01-Aug-2004, 04:21 PM)
Just another update on Kristi. She was moved to a rehab center last week. All tubes that were hooked up to her have been removed. She's a very feisty girl, and I think that has definately helped her. She even gets an attitude with the nurses and was sticking her tongue out at them when she still had a trache (sp?) in her throat. She does speech therapy in the morning and physical therapy in the afternoon. She doesn't remember the accident and keeps asking what happened to her. The last thing she remembers was having her cousin in the car with her. Luckily she had dropped her off before the accident, but doesn't remember, so she keeps asking if her cousin is ok. She gets very frustrated, but at least now that she's in rehab, she can tunnel that frustrated energy into her therapy. Patrick said she's usually sleeping for the night by 7pm because she's so exhausted. She is surprising all of the doctors. At first, they didn't think she'd be back in school at all this year, and now they're hoping to have her back in school by the 2nd semester.

Her family is suing the trucking company. Apparently they've been responsible for 6 deaths and 32 seriously injured people in the past year alone! Their trunks fail inspections about 15% of the time. They've done up models of the accident and have come to the conclusion that it wasn't her fault, and what's left of her car has apparently been wrapped in plastic and stored as evidence. Her medical bills are already approaching $100,000.

Please keep her and the family in your prayers. Between the prayers and her feistinous, she's already well on her way down the road to recovery.

Thanks,
Shelly

Stepper,
I am GLAD to hear that she is on the mend. smile.gif
And Personally I think the company should be held responsible. Their record is proof that something needs to be done!

Again, I am very glad to hear she is doing well.

Cheers,
Jason

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Aug-2004, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Irish Stepper! So glad to hear that Kristi is starting to do so well. So many prayers have been answered. Keep us posted! smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Aug-2004, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi guys

I got more bad news today. The doctor called after looking at the x-rays she took last week and said she found a spot on one of my lungs. She doesn't know if it is just a shadow or perhaps an arthritic lesion or something else. So now when I go Monday I will have to have a CT scan in addition to the breathing tests. I really need your prayers. I'm trying not to be scared, I really am, but this is really getting to me. sad.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 06-Aug-2004, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Gosh, Allan, I was hoping for good news. But, keep your spirits up, my friend, the prayers have already started. I have faith that whatever your doctor may find, you will be okay. I believe that, and you need to too. heart.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Aug-2004, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Allen! I am sure you are trying not to be fearful, but brave! Just remember that God is in control! we are all praying for you! smile.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Yes wizardman we are praying for you!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

He is with you, no matter what your fears. It's OK to be afraid, it is a normal human emotion given to us from God. But in the fear, lean on His rod and staff. Let His arms envelope you. Rest your head on His chest. Surrender the fear to Him and let His peace and healing flow through you.

That is my prayer for you.

Elspeth
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 09-Aug-2004, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi everyone! Thanks for your prayers, encouragement and support! Today wasn't a great day either. I've posted details over in the I Need Your Prayers thread. Thanks again! I love you guys and pray for you daily!
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-Aug-2004, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Good morning, Allan. Glad that yesterday is behind you. We'll all pray for positive news when your test results are in. Now, go enjoy this day with your family and remember to count your blessings! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]