John Clements 
Posted: 10-Oct-2007, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (haynes9 @ 10-Oct-2007, 08:51 AM)
Couldn't agree more, Scotsman. Some of us who have voted Republican for a long time are being "bullied" by the powers that be with the old line "You may not like our guy, but you HAVE to vote for him/her! If you don't, the bad guys will get in office!" Hang that! I'm going to vote for the person/persons with which I philosophically and politically agree. I don't waste my vote when I vote my conscience and keep my core beliefs. If the "powers that be" want my vote, start giving me some credible candidates and quit telling me who YOU think is credible. I will decide that for myself, thank you very much! I still think Duncan Hunter and Ron Paul are the ones I like the best since they have a history of upholding that little document that everyone talks about but no one reads . . what is it? . . Oh, yeah, the Constitution!

OK, I'm done with my rant . . . for now. Think I'll go listen to some preaching. Hey John, want to join me wink.gif !

Have a great day, All!

Hi haynes9, I thought I just read the preaching, you mean I have to hear it too?

Anyway, I certainly agree with your post, and if Ron Paul changed some of his views, like “the right to choose” for example. I could find him appealing. But alas, I don’t think he will. So I’m still leaning towards Dennis Kucinich, because he’s more in favor of fundamental change. (Besides, have you seen Kucinich’s wife?) You know I heard someone say the other day: I don’t care if Dennis Kucinich gets in or not, as long as his wife becomes…”the first lady“.

You have a good day too, my friend,
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 15-Oct-2007, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Choosing a president is a process of elimination, don’t you think?
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 16-Oct-2007, 03:17 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

It looks more and more like Hillary will be moving back into her house after the next presidential election. With the Republicants self destructing on a variety of fronts, we will get to see what the Democrats can accomplish with a veto proof majority and Madam President working together. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 16-Oct-2007, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 16-Oct-2007, 04:17 AM)
It looks more and more like Hillary will be moving back into her house after the next presidential election.  With the Republicants self destructing on a variety of fronts, we will get to see what the Democrats can accomplish with a veto proof majority and Madam President working together. thumbs_up.gif

I agree with you about seeing what will happen, if Hillary gets in with a veto proof majority, but I don’t think that things will change much at all, until we can change the way campaigns are financed. Which I don’t believe will happen, because they, (that is the democrats and the republicans) like it the way it is.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. What I believe is going on here is…a “good cop bad cop scenario”. The good cops are the democrats, and the bad cops are the republicans, both, marching in lock step to squeeze out the middle class in this country. Why else do you suppose our education system stinks, and nothing is being done to stop illegal cheep labor from entering the country. To me, it’s that simple.
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 16-Oct-2007, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,217 Gold!

QUOTE (maisky @ 16-Oct-2007, 05:17 AM)
It looks more and more like Hillary will be moving back into her house after the next presidential election.  With the Republicants self destructing on a variety of fronts, we will get to see what the Democrats can accomplish with a veto proof majority and Madam President working together. thumbs_up.gif

Hillary just moved farther DOWN my list. Did you see her comment the other day saying torture was OK in some cases? (I don't think we should countenance torture under any circumstances, unless of course we are using the play book from the SS.) I thought that to be one of the MOST egregious acts by Bush & CO. He has been eroding our rights for a few years now and it looks as if Clinton is ready to follow along.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 17-Oct-2007, 02:53 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

I would personally prefer Obama but believe Hilary will be unbeatable. Obama's very lack of experience in the political machine is one of his major assets. As far as Hilary's statement about torture CS, I agree with you that torture is totally unacceptable. Im not at all sure this reflects what her actions will be once she is president. Time will tell.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 17-Oct-2007, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I see nothing that Hillary has to offer except more taxes. What is she thinking when she says she would give every baby born in the US a $5000 bond for college or buying a house? Or her plan to expand family leave time. Is she going to dip into her pockets and shell out the money, has she sat down and figured out how much this is going to cost us? She is preaching entitlement. All she is encouraging is a society that will be taken care of from the womb to the tomb. Is that what we want?
Personally I want less government in my life.
maisky 
Posted: 18-Oct-2007, 03:08 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 17-Oct-2007, 07:25 PM)

Like what GW and his Republicant cohorts provided? Unsupervised wiretaps and the rest of the constitutional violations?
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 18-Oct-2007, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

What we need is an independent government…to govern the government.
An independent government, that answers to us, and not their corporate masters.
In other words…an "honest" government! Kucinich…all the way.
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 18-Oct-2007, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I see nothing that Hillary has to offer except more taxes. What is she thinking when she says she would give every baby born in the US a $5000 bond for college or buying a house? Or her plan to expand family leave time. Is she going to dip into her pockets and shell out the money, has she sat down and figured out how much this is going to cost us? She is preaching entitlement. All she is encouraging is a society that will be taken care of from the womb to the tomb. Is that what we want?

If the Bitch gets elected, I belive I'll move to Canada!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
stoirmeil 
Posted: 18-Oct-2007, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 17-Oct-2007, 08:25 PM)
Is she going to dip into her pockets and shell out the money, has she sat down and figured out how much this is going to cost us?

Probably she has given it more thought than the incumbent yahoo did about how much this war is costing, and is going to keep costing down into the next two generations. I'm not a raving fan of Hilary, but when it comes to spending without adequate planning, there's just no comparison, either for wrongheadedness or the staggering amount of money blown. As for less government -- those days are gone. You will either get more government with some degree of transparency, or more government masquerading as less, with a greater degree of covert, illicit and invasive control. Take your pick.
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 18-Oct-2007, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 18-Oct-2007, 08:43 PM)
Probably she has given it more thought than the incumbent yahoo did about how much this war is costing, and is going to keep costing down into the next two generations. I'm not a raving fan of Hilary, but when it comes to spending without adequate planning, there's just no comparison, either for wrongheadedness or the staggering amount of money blown. As for less government -- those days are gone. You will either get more government with some degree of transparency, or more government masquerading as less, with a greater degree of covert, illicit and invasive control. Take your pick.

Well said.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 19-Oct-2007, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 18-Oct-2007, 07:06 PM)

beer_mug.gif

Have a nice trip! beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 19-Oct-2007, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 18-Oct-2007, 08:06 PM)

You know I was pulling for Kucinich, but now I think I’ll start rutting for Hillary.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 19-Oct-2007, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 18-Oct-2007, 08:43 PM)
I'm not a raving fan of Hilary, but when it comes to spending without adequate planning, there's just no comparison, either for wrongheadedness or the staggering amount of money blown.

OK, so there is a comparison. Excuse me:

To fund the entire SCHIP program for one year, one would simply have to stop funding the war in Iraq for one month. Doing the math, a one-year moratorium would fund health care for all children in the US for twelve years. The first twelve years is a nice long start for a foundation in good preventive health.

Now, I'm not saying that is a practical thing to do -- hard to call off a war for a one-year break and then resume, like the English stopping every afternoon at four for tea. But it does provide a little sense of scale, when it comes to the objection about "squandering" public money on health care for children. Even if a fraction of the war expenditure were spent on children and the rest on really effective and well-administered homeland security and infrastructure upkeep on our own turf, it would be a vast improvement in cost efficiency for the very things so many of us fear -- not to mention a considerable saving of what money can't pay for and never could: blood on the ground instead of running in the veins. Everybody's blood.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]