Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,596 Gold!

As many of you know, we have been working very hard for the past year trying to perfect our email system. With the latest changes, we believe our system is now ready for the primetime. All email requests are now completely automated, meaning our system will take care of the setup of all new email accounts instantly.

http://www.celticradio.net/php/founder/web...email_login.php

And if you are a Celtic Radio Founder, there is now a "Reset Email" button in your control panel that will allow you to delete your current email account and set up a brand new email account under a different name or domain. This process is completely automated.

Currently we offer email accounts under 14 unique domain names. Our free email system is web-based. Our paid email system (through the Celtic Radio Founder's club) offers both web-based and POP3 email accounts with about 12 times the storage capacity.

In addition, we have totally replaced our web-based POP3 email system with a brand new front end interface that is rich in new features. A screenshot of the new system is attached.

These new email features are part of our site wide "Automation Project." The goal is to completely automate all features of the site which currently requires alot of behind the scenes administrative work. We are about 40% complete with our "Automation Project.'

thumbs_up.gif

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 21-Sep-2008, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,581 Gold!

Please forgive me for asking this question, but I just have to know. How do you read the e-mails on those tiny little flies?

Seriously, sounds like a really great set-up for the users and the administrators.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 21-Sep-2008, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,596 Gold!

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 21-Sep-2008, 03:57 PM)
Please forgive me for asking this question, but I just have to know. How do you read the e-mails on those tiny little flies?

Seriously, sounds like a really great set-up for the users and the administrators.

LOL tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 21-Sep-2008, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Why do you suppose mine doesn't look like that picture? And no, I don't mean tiny! tongue.gif
I mean it looks like it always has. Maybe because I use Firefox?

And I know I REALLY sound like a dunce, but what does this mean? My notification email? Or my CelticHearts email?

And if you are a Celtic Radio Founder, there is now a "Reset Email" button in your control panel that will allow you to delete your current email account and set up a brand new email account under a different name or domain. This process is completely automated.

*sigh* I am NOT a novice and actually run three of my own sites and mod two others...I must just be getting addle brained in my old age...

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRadio 
Posted: 21-Sep-2008, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,596 Gold!

It does not look like the picture because you have the web version only of email.

POP3 email is a totally different email account. Our web front end for POP3 email accounts is new. Celtic Hearts email is what you have.

Resetting your email is something that alot of sites don't have. It deletes all records of that email account and you can then sign up for a different email account (name and domain). You can also then choose a web based or POP3 email account. The reset button is located here:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/founder/upg...grade.php#email
WallaceGal 
Posted: 21-Sep-2008, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

You really must think I'm a complete dolt, don't you??

Okay, I 'reset' my email. I'm assuming it takes time to reconfigure and that's why I can't log in yet so I'll give it some time.

I FEEL like a dolt, you know?

tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster                
WallaceGal 
Posted: 21-Sep-2008, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

Well? Really. If you want to know if something works or not, just let me try it! tongue.gif

I logged in, but can't use the socket mail and am afraid to close the email window because I can't log in through the socket mail. It opens the web-based email rather than the pop based and won't log me in. Just keeps telling me I have the wrong log in info.

You know, if I wasn't so pathetic at this, I'd be laughing now....

PMEmail Poster                
Harlot 
Posted: 22-Sep-2008, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Don't feel like you are alone in this dear sir .I have learned not to push buttons never sure what might happen. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 22-Sep-2008, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

*sigh* I'll figure it out. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new interface!!! It's great! Everything is straightforward, attractive...just...nice. biggrin.gif

Now, if I can just get this darned socket mail thingy to work, I can start to get rid of yahoo... cool.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRadio 
Posted: 22-Sep-2008, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,596 Gold!

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 22-Sep-2008, 10:02 AM)
*sigh* I'll figure it out. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new interface!!! It's great! Everything is straightforward, attractive...just...nice. biggrin.gif

Now, if I can just get this darned socket mail thingy to work, I can start to get rid of yahoo... cool.gif

Ok, the socketmail desktop application (which runs in your task bar) does not work with the POP3 email accounts. It only works with the web-based email system. If you are going to use only the POP3 account, then just uninstall the socketmail app.

The web-based email system (called CelticHearts email) is for free email accounts. Founder members can elected an email address through this system and receive increased storage capacity for emails and for sending emails.

So, there are basically 2 seperate email systems we are using. Only founder members can use the POP3 email system (which is the one you are using right now).

Because it is POP3, you can use that email address with any email client software - like outlook, eudora - or even download a task bar notification client from say download.com.

And finally, when you signed up for the POP3 account, there would have been a message indicating the system would setup your POP3 account shortly. There is a slight delay when a new POP3 account is created. It takes anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.

Hope that answers all of your questions! wink.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]