Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 06-Oct-2007, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Actually it was the complete rudeness and insensitivity of the Judge and the secretary and the way they dealt with my youngest that really annoyed me. My youngest has ADHD-bad. The school noticed it in fifth grade and pretty much demanded we put him on medication at our expense. He must have been on at least five different types of meds during his school years before we finally said no more. He is now attending an alternative school with no meds and was doing fine. Fast forward to last week. His fines for taking and smashing my car came to $420. No way that he can pay them right away cuz he doesn't have a job and not for lack of trying. I was laid of for three months and I couldn't find anything either. And I have a college degree and 30 years work experience in several fields. He has had his share of troubles including being caught with pot which seems to be quite plentiful in this area.
Anyway, during the session the judge basically told him that he should skip his "friends" school and go back and get a "real" diploma in a "real" school. Then he said that it really didn't matter anyway since he would probably be in and out of jail all his life. This was at 11:00 and he gave my youngest till 3:30 to come up with the $420 or he would make his life miserable.
I had some of the money on me and paid it after court. When I came back later the secretary demanded to know were my youngest was and that he had to come in person to pay the fine. (he was out trying to collect money to no avail. He would have never made the deadline without my help). She took the money but I got the sense (rather strongly) that I was considered yesterdays garbage.
So yesterday I came home from work to find out that the police set him up in a police sting. His friend got arrested and is sitting in jail with a $1000 bond. (I know the kids family-single mom three kids. She won't be able to afford his bond on what she makes). My youngest got wind of it and is so afraid of the judge and jail that he took off. We have no idea were he is and has been missing since last Thrusday night. Police haven't even bothered to notify us and they know about it. We found out second hand. He is suppose to call one of his friends to say he is okay but no word yet. I'm just hoping that he comes home and turns himself in so we can get this past us.
Actually this wasn't the incident that made me so distrustful of the law enforcement in our area. A couple of years ago a girl went missing in town. She knew Tim (my youngest) and so the cops showed up at our house asking if they could look around. We said OK since we have nothing to hide. The cops went up to my kids bedroom. Tim's bed was against the wall and the cop stood on the bed frame to look over the other side of the bed (yea, the one against the wall) for the girl. He ended up breaking the frame of the bed and there wasn't so much as a "I'm sorry" from him. After that they just left. Now I'm sure that there are good cops, and judges, etc. I come from a long line of cops and firemen, military and civilan. I'm just sharing the reason for my disgust for the system in this area alone.
Now you should hear some of the horror stories I have about the school system here.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 08-Oct-2007, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 06-Oct-2007, 06:31 PM)
Actually it was the complete rudeness and insensitivity of the Judge and the secretary and the way they dealt with my youngest that really annoyed me. My youngest has ADHD-bad.  The school noticed it in fifth grade and pretty much demanded we put him on medication at our expense. He must have been on at least five different types of meds during his school years before we finally said no more.  He is now attending an alternative school with no meds and was doing fine. Fast forward to last week.  His fines for taking and smashing my car came to $420.  No way that he can pay them right away cuz he doesn't have a job and not for lack of trying.  I was laid of for three months and I couldn't find anything either.  And I have a college degree and 30 years work experience in several fields.  He has had his share of troubles including being caught with pot which seems to be quite plentiful in this area. 
Anyway, during the session the judge basically told him that he should skip his "friends" school and go back and get a "real" diploma in a "real" school.  Then he said that it really didn't matter anyway since he would probably be in and out of jail all his life. This was at 11:00 and he gave my youngest till 3:30 to come up with the $420 or he would make his life miserable.
I had some of the money on me and paid it after court.  When I came back later the secretary demanded to know were my youngest was and that he had to come in person to pay the fine.  (he was out trying to collect money to no avail.  He would have never made the deadline without my help).  She took the money but I got the sense (rather strongly) that I was considered yesterdays garbage.
So yesterday I came home from work to find out that the police set him up in a police sting.  His friend got arrested and is sitting in jail with a $1000 bond.  (I know the kids family-single mom three kids.  She won't be able to afford his bond on what she makes).  My youngest got wind of it and is so afraid of the judge and jail that he took off.  We have no idea were he is and has been missing since last Thrusday night. Police haven't even bothered to notify us and they know about it.  We found out second hand.  He is suppose to call one of his friends to say he is okay but no word yet.  I'm just hoping that he comes home and turns himself in so we can get this past us. 
Actually this wasn't the incident that made me so distrustful of the law enforcement in our area.  A couple of years ago a girl went missing in town.  She knew Tim (my youngest) and so the cops showed up at our house asking if they could look around.  We said OK since we have nothing to hide.  The cops went up to my kids bedroom. Tim's bed was against the wall and the cop stood on the bed frame to look over the other side of the bed (yea, the one against the wall) for the girl.  He ended up breaking the frame of the bed and there wasn't so much as a "I'm sorry" from him.  After that they just left.  Now I'm sure that there are good cops, and judges, etc.  I come from a long line of cops and firemen, military and civilan.  I'm just sharing the reason for my disgust for the system in this area alone.
Now you should hear some of the horror stories I have about the school system here.

Dear Robert, what better reason to be cynical, than politics, religion, the school system, and law enforcement, I mean the school system has become a franchise, not unlike McDonalds, (where everyone must look and be the same, like drug, induced drones, where you dare not draw out side the lines, no matter how unjust those lines may be) and not just where you are my friend, but everywhere, in the “good old US of A”!

As far as law enforcement and the judiciary system is concerned, I’m of the mind that they’re not about protecting and serving us, as much as they are about protecting and serving their pay masters. (you know, the rich, and the want to be rich politicians, who seem to be able to brake the “law” with impunity) In fact, these days, I’m inclined to think that law enforcement and the government is more about extorting us, rater than protecting us. Of course that’s not to paint with such a broad brush, because I know there are still a lot of honest people out there, both in government and in law enforcement who want to play by the rules.

Anyway, I’m so sorry to hear about the bind you and your son are in. I’m not a rich man, but I might be able to be of some help. JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 08-Oct-2007, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Thanks JC for any help. My youngest called one of his friends and he is staying somewhere with some girl he knows. We know he headed west and then got a ride from there so we are guesing hes is in the twin cities. Through this friend we are trying to convince him to come back. Running just makes it worse. He will be back sooner or later. He has no HS diploma, doesn't know his SS number, and doesn't have a birth certificate on him. He won't be able to get any kind of work unless its cash under the table. It's just a matter of time.
But enough stuff about me and my kid. It seems my bad luck streak is finally ending. I can get HR on my internet again, My annoying coworker is now in another part of hte building, and my wife is actually attending church again! I now, I know, hell freezing over and all that. Let's get back to some cynical fun. Take suicide bombers for instance. Now what kind of job is that. Run in screaming, blow yourself up. Boom. Ha! Like to see them do that again.

By the way, when I spent a year in a Lutheran seminary I wrote a three page research paper to prove that hell is freezing over. Got an A-
tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 09-Oct-2007, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 06-Oct-2007, 02:34 PM)
Excuse------me, but since when is politics not cynical, and not aloud to be part of, a “general discussion”? And besides, I was just following Robert’s lead. With a funny segue about his experience in the courts, and Alberto Gonzales. But I guess we’ll never know what happened to Roberto that day in court, to make him cynical. (should he have chosen to tell us) which was my question.

cyn·i·cal (sĭn'ĭ-kəl) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Believing or showing the belief that people are motivated chiefly by base or selfish concerns; skeptical of the motives of others:

sorry but Alberto belongs in the politics forum not roberto.
and i am indeed in this case skeptical of your motives.
i have seen your comments in the aforementioned politics forum.

it was a very crappy segue, would it have been so hard to just ask roberto his experience without the snide comments about Mr. Gonzales?

be well beer_mug.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 09-Oct-2007, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (dundee @ 09-Oct-2007, 02:14 PM)
cyn·i·cal (sĭn'ĭ-kəl) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Believing or showing the belief that people are motivated chiefly by base or selfish concerns; skeptical of the motives of others:

sorry but Alberto belongs in the politics forum not roberto.
and i am indeed in this case skeptical of your motives.
i have seen your comments in the aforementioned politics forum.

it was a very crappy segue, would it have been so hard to just ask roberto his experience without the snide comments about Mr. Gonzales?

be well beer_mug.gif

If my reference to Gonzales seemed crappy and snide to you, that’s just too bad.

You be well too
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 09-Oct-2007, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 08-Oct-2007, 07:22 PM)

By the way, when I spent a year in a Lutheran seminary I wrote a three page research paper to prove that hell is freezing over.  Got an A-
   tongue.gif

Ha ha, yeah, Comparative Religion 101 professors can get so bored they'll reward you for an original paper, no matter what. I did one once when I was a mere slip of a thing, a freshman, on serpent worship and phallic symbolism -- I simply could not decide which major religion to write about, and somebody in the library suggested it with tongue in cheek.

I had a great good time looking up stuff and writing it -- I missed noticing the library guy's cynicism altogether, which is the only real way to travel light: let those who think they need the baggage carry it.

I dunno how we are going to completely segregate the country's politicos and their shenanigans to the politics forum, when they keep spilling out of their boxes and all over our consciousness all the time. rolleyes.gif

Roberto, I do hope all turns out well with the boy eventually and this all will pass, they'll hit the most effective treatment for the learning glitches and more of the solid training that's to his liking, and you'll be laughing about it together some day. No matter how far-fetched it seems today. Sounds like you got lousy treatment from the court -- like nobody who works in a court could have a kid mess up, right? dry.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]