> What Movies Have You Seen Recently?, Old and new
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 26-Nov-2005, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Hey how did you like the new Harry Potter, Perkeo?? I loved it - my daughter and I had read the book and liked the way the movie kept in the parts we liked. (The book went on forEVER about that Quiddich Cup thing, and I'm glad that got reduced to a smaller part of the movie!)
We went to see the movie & took my husband too, and even tho he hadn't read the book he enjoyed the film a lot. I had thought Ralph Fiennes would make a good creepy He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and I was right - evil.gif

SB
I don't think I spelled Quiddich right, but spell check doesn't help - LOL!

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Boadiccea 
  Posted: 21-Dec-2005, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Asheville, NC

female

The Movies I last saw are:

note.gif Walk the Line thumbs_up.gif
note.gif Rent thumbs_up.gif
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif
Kingdom of Heaven thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif
The Fantastic 4 thumbs_up.gif
Kate and Leopold. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte

--------------------
~Slainte Mhath~
PMEmail Poster                
stoirmeil 
Posted: 22-Dec-2005, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

King Kong. Very mixed feelings about it -- it's beautiful (the 1930s New York bits are magical) but self-indulgently over-long, especially in the expensive CG creepy monsters bits, and Adrien Brody is wasted in a role that doesn't show his strengths. The ape is quite the boss primate, though -- Andy Serkis does it again, and sometimes the mood swings Kong has are very tongue in cheek and hilarious. Naomi Watts is wonderful. You can really believe in the chemistry between her and the ape, it's amazing.
Not one for small children -- not so much for the scary parts, but it is too long, and they will most surely get bored and become pains in the butt in the theater.
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 22-Dec-2005, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

My husband and I watched "The Ladykillers" last night - this movie has been out awhile and we rented it. It has Tom Hanks in it...
now the language is awful and the humor is black, but we thought it was absolutely hilarious! I'm almost embarassed to admit I laughed as much as I did. The story sure isn't sugar-coated and its got twists galore; finally at the end when I saw it was a Coen brothers film I understood where the black humor was coming from. These boys did "Fargo" too.

Siobhan

PM               
starshipdragon 
Posted: 29-Dec-2005, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

female

"Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire," absolute adventure, wonderful fun.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended

"ne oublie"

Mitakuye Oyasin
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Dec-2005, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 22-Dec-2005, 03:39 PM)
My husband and I watched "The Ladykillers" last night - this movie has been out awhile and we rented it. It has Tom Hanks in it...
now the language is awful and the humor is black, but we thought it was absolutely hilarious! I'm almost embarassed to admit I laughed as much as I did. The story sure isn't sugar-coated and its got twists galore; finally at the end when I saw it was a Coen brothers film I understood where the black humor was coming from. These boys did "Fargo" too.

Siobhan

Hahahahahaha! Fargo is like one of my most favorite movies...am I a sick pup or what? so I know I would like "Ladykillers." wink.gif laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Raven 
Posted: 30-Dec-2005, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Narnia - it was good

The Horatio Hornblower A&E series-- I would hihgly recomend this great acting by a Welshman Ioan Gruffold.

Very entertaining a good friend gave me the DVD set for Christmas.

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
celticfire 
Posted: 01-Jan-2006, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Idle Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

female

I recently saw Narnia and Memoirs of a Geisha, and both were very good. I felt guilty seeing Narnia because I haven't read the books...oh well wink.gif

--------------------
My heart's in the highlands
My heart is not here
My heart's in the highlands
A-chasing the deer
--Robert Burns

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

Gluais faicilleach le cupan làn.
Go carefully with a full cup.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenynen 
Posted: 02-Jan-2006, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

It's not too late, celticfire, to start reading the books now. It's really a wonderful story.

I watched all the Hornblower series too, Raven and they are great as they are but too bad they changed the stories so much. As a-one-time-CS Forester fan, I'm a little disappointed.

--------------------
Weithiau, mae'r ateb i'n problemau o dan ein trwynau, dim ond bod angen i ni gymryd cam yn ôl ac edrych eto. - Stuart Kerner
PMEmail Poster                
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Jan-2006, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Finally got to see "March of the Penguins". If you have not seen this, you are missing something unique, amazing, beautiful and very moving. Also got a copy of a 3-hour made for television film of RL Stevenson's "Kidnapped," (Armand Assante, Brian McCardie) which was lovely and fun, even though it had very, very little to do with the book.
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 03-Jan-2006, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (gwenynen @ 02-Jan-2006, 06:42 PM)
It's not too late, celticfire, to start reading the books now. It's really a wonderful story.

I watched all the Hornblower series too, Raven and they are great as they are but too bad they changed the stories so much. As a-one-time-CS Forester fan, I'm a little disappointed.

The good thing is that I can now read the books Gwenynen!! I understand that there are 12 of them and there are only 7 movies.

Plus I will certainly get many more hours of enjoyment from the books smile.gif

Slàinte

Mikel
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
gwenynen 
Posted: 03-Jan-2006, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Great, Mikel! I've read all the 12 books. I enjoyed them thoroughly (except I didn't agree with some of his moral code.) I cried my eyes out when Capten Bush got killed. I can't remember shedding my tears so much over a novel before! I didn't know anything about ships or sailing so I had to get meself a sailing term dictionary which was quite helpful.
PMEmail Poster                
gwenynen 
Posted: 03-Jan-2006, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

O! You live in Indianapolis!? I used to live in Bloomington. My husband was in the IU graduate program. Small world!
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Jan-2006, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 30-Dec-2005, 02:24 AM)
Hahahahahaha! Fargo is like one of my most favorite movies...am I a sick pup or what?

Oh Rose, Fargo is the most awful horrifying terrific movie! I am ashamed to admit I don't think I blinked thru the whole thing. Well, I did almost throw up at the tree limb chipper scene...
but the little cop lady, she's all pregnant and 'dontcha know' and smart and she keeps going until the catches the bad guys, and her husband did a painting for the Duck Stamp Competition for goodness sake! (I did too once upon a time - mine didn't get picked either)
And the bad guys are sooo stupid but genuinely frightening...
Such characters in the whole movie, its just rich with them.

PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Ya, ya! Just love Fargo! It is black humor and I love that kind of stuff! Steve Bucsemi, the funny looking guy laugh.gif was just terrific. Actually, all the actors in that movie were and that's what makes it so great.

I thought about you and me when the Sherrif's hubby painted the stamp. Don't you know his concern, feeling of rejection of not being the top pick so well?! Well I did! LOL You did a painting for the Duck stamp collection?! ohmy.gif I never knew that! Despite the horror of it all, the actors are terrific and the movie is as well...even the wood chipper scene! laugh.gif

Ok, I saw "Alexander" last night. You know the movie with Angelina Jolie and Colin Farrell? Was it me or was this movie beyond stupid? It reminded me of Troy. I guess I expected more beyond a greedy wanna-be world ruler who liked boys, was trying to prove something to his father, had a dysfunctional relationship with his mother. Sheesh! So 21st century and so predictable! The only person I really liked in that movie was Cleitus (Gary Stretch). Now he was some handsome dude who finally stood up to Alexander. Of course, Cleitus got killed for doing so. rolleyes.gif I would have gladly rescued Cleitus any day though if I could have jumped through my TV screen!! biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]