Title:

Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Alder

Birthday: 29-Mar-1982
Total Posts: 828
Realm: Ohio.

Reading, fantasy, music (celtic especially), tv/film stuff, writing scripts, my husband, my baby girls :)

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Date: 13-Apr-2024
By: CelticRadio
Forum: Forum Guides

Date: 09-Apr-2024

Date: 08-Apr-2024

Date: 18-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 16-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries
Pages: (15) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... Last »

Add Entry   

Work, I tell ya!
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Sep 22nd, 2004 12:29 PM
Omigosh! So work...yeah....Yesterday we caught a student checking websites he shouldn't be, if you know what I mean..... Anyway so now we have to become very strict with the sign-in policy at work. It's a pain in the butt! People arer not happy with me cause it takes so long to sign them in. I have to see their id's now and they aren't used to it so they don't normally bring it with them. They can't use the computers now until they have an id. They don't like change. They fear it. They take it out on me. I deserve a raise. College kids suck!

Comments: 2 View/Add Comments

woo hoo!!!!!!
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Sep 21st, 2004 10:38 AM
smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

So I sent the school a really nasty email. I didn't do any cuss words so its wasn't nearly as mean as it could have been. Anyway I complain about the way they treated me and...oh heck here why don't you read it yerself!

To whom it may concern:

I have just received some terrible news. My refund check is about $2000 less than what I had agreed to and had been told I would be receiving. Apparently since I am part-time I do not get the money I was promised.

Why was I not told of this? When I was applying for financial aid I made it very apparent that I was going to be part-time and I was still assured that I would be receiving all of the awards. I received and signed a financial aid award letter. I received RECENT bills saying that I am part-time and that my credit is $3500. I have proof of this.

Why do I not get a family discount? I have family here.

My biggest problem with this department is that after I had signed the award letter, after I was assured that I was receiving this money in a refund check, it was changed. Nobody told me that my financial aid was changed. Why not? If I have to be full-time to receive all of my money why did you not tell me this before the add/drop deadline!?!? I signed my award letters, I received my bills, I did everything that I needed to do to make sure my financial aid was straightened out. I should not have to come back into the office to make sure it stays the same. Why was I not made aware of this change?

I am aware that I am responsible for taking care of my financial aid, but when it is changed without my knowledge I should be notified. You have my phone number, you have my address, you have my email. This is a fault on your part. I am disgusted by the way you have treated me. I hope that something can be worked out to my benefit because it is a crime and an injustice to promise me one thing and then change it without telling me and without time to fix it. How can I get the money that I need now since you did not make it known to me before the necessary deadlines? Shame on you.

Cecily Adams

Anyway, here's the school's reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecily,

First I would like to say that I am sorry your are so upset and I hope I can be of some help to you. In response to the part about billing, many people have a part time schedule until class begins because they are wait listed for a class, or unsure of which classes they are taking. This is why we wait until after the add/drop to make changes to financial aid. I have reviewed your account and because of the confusion I am re-instating 2100 of your aid, which includes the family discount. This will give you the additional refund you were counting on.
I hope that in the future if you have a problem you will come talk to me, that is why I am here. If you have any other problems please give me a call, or make an appointment to see me.
thank you and God bless,

Jody Peeler
Franciscan University of Steubenville
Assistant Director of Financial Aid

Nice. It kinda sucks though that you have to be a pain in the ass to get what you deserve. You can't just be nice and hope that things will work out. Nope you have to be a hardass!

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

Grrr.....
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Sep 20th, 2004 1:18 PM
sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif
sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif
sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif:sad.gif(sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I am not happy with this school. I was told that I was going to be getting about three thousand dollars back. they promised me. I signed papers, I received bills, I paid bills. But noooooooooooo, they change my financial aid. they took away 2 thousand dollars! they then said I have to be full-time to receive it. I told them i was going to be part-time and they promised me I would be getting it. They told me that they will give it back to me if I become full-time. Well it would have been nice if they told be that BEFORE THE ADD/DROP DEADLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this school. I hate it a lot. They should all burn!

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif:sad.gif(sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Hah!
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Sep 17th, 2004 10:53 AM
I just watched Peter Pan for the second time today and I cried 9 times this time. I love movies like that. The sotry is so good and I love fantasy. I think that they did an excellent job on the movie. I wish it had higher ratings and did better in the box office. It didn't do bad but since it was made for kids it didn't do as much as it deserved. I loved that movie everyone should watch it!

Comments: 2 View/Add Comments

ALRIGHT!!!!
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Sep 16th, 2004 11:55 AM
He liked it!!! HE LIKED MY THESIS IDEA!!! It's time to get to work now. I have so much stuff I need to get done now. Yesssss!!!!!!!!!! I wa sso worried that he wasn't going to let me do the music video. I am so glad. I really wanted to do the video! Wooooo hooooo!!!!

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!