Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 'remember, remember, the fifth of november', (not strictly scottish history)
Bookmark and Share
Catriona 
Posted: 04-Nov-2002, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Banned Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Remember, remember, the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.....

Tomorrow is Bonfire Night, a time when the whole of the UK (I am including Wales, but Welsh Guy would confirm if it's true) celebrates the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot by Guy Fawkes.  He tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament.

He is burnt, in effigy, on the top of a bonfire - and we have loads of fireworks....   unfortunately, the zeal with which this is celebrated, particularly by young boys, means that fireworks have been exploding since the middle of October!  IT is now 12.00 midnight, and STILL fireworks are being set off.....
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 06-Nov-2002, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

::viking  Well I hope you had a jolly good time. If you have all the fireworks, it seems to me, they are still trying to finish Guy Fawkes mission. I've heard tell the house of lords needs a fire under them to get them to decide anything. ::hehe
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt