free2Bme 
Posted: 02-Dec-2002, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Scottish2 you seem to forget that Shrub and Big Daddy are Texas Oil Tycoons - where do you think they got their wealth in the first place? They were millionaires long before they became politicians. They are in office for the sole purpose of protecting their financial investments - not for serving the public interest!

BTW, oil is used for more than just automobile fuel - every piece of plastic in the USA is also made from oil. Think of a product packed inside a plastic bottle, encased in a plastic shrinkwrap, that is sealed inside a box with more shrink wrap, then after you buy it you carry it home in a plastic bag! Some people think that plastic is environmentally friendly because you haven't cut any trees down to make it - but it is manufactured from a non-renewable energy source!

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 02-Dec-2002, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

No I know shrub and Big daddy get their money from oil that's why I closed with

This is but two issues I am aware of am sure more exist because of his nature. The love of environmentally unfriendly practices such as oil.

And there are always packing alternatives we just have to force corporations to be environmentally friendly corporations or else we boycott their products. But I mentioned autos because that is the main source for usage between gas and oil used in the internal combustion engine.
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted: 03-Dec-2002, 03:17 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

I know that petroleum oil is used for more than just cars....  but cars are a big contributor to the pollutants which are poisoning our world.

Re packaging.  We have had a strong movement in the UK for the past 10 years or so, to minimise the packaging used on products....  It has not been welcomed by everyone, but a number of major manufacturers HAVE reduced the amount of packaging on their goods...  and any reduction can only help the planet.

Every household I know have recycling bins - paper, glass etc.  The UK has major bottle banks at every supermarket, it just becomes second nature to take all your empty glass bottles with you when you go shopping.  The USA needs to become more ecologically aware.  Not just single people like Scottish2 - but your central government and local government, too.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 03-Dec-2002, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I know some communities in the US do have a recycling program but many (too many in my opinion) still don't have anything or if they do it's like my community where the individual has to goto the rfecycling area and dump off their recyclables. And I get so Piss ed off when I see things like I did the other day. This lady in front of my at the dump (our dump and recycling area are same general area) anyways she had this huge clear garbage bag loaded with PLastic bottles all in one bag I though oh what a nice lady she's got all that plastic and is recycling it. I spoke 2 seconds too early she dumped the whole bag into the garbage dumpster. I mean why bother to even separate it if you're going to do that but she did it. Needless to say I let her have it I asked her why she was so lazy she couldn't walk the few extra feet and dump it in the correct bin so it would be recycled she just gave me this weird funny look got back in her gas guzzler and drove off.

People like that just iinfurierate me that is majority of the reason we have so many problem in this country (US) because too many (way to many in my opinion) would prefer the easy way out instead of standing up to something be it recycling or be it standing up to government corruption.

Come on America WAKE UP this ain't the country of GOLDEN streets.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 03-Dec-2002, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

This is what I mean about Shrub. ALso if you want to read this off the LA Times website it's free but you have to register, otherwise the article is below.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-ed-forest3dec03,0,3426291.story

December 3, 2002

EDITORIAL
Selling Out the Forests

The Bush administration's assault on environmental protection reaches an appalling new high -- or low -- with the U.S. Forest Service's proposal to essentially gut 20-year-old management planning rules for deciding the most appropriate uses of the nation's 192 million acres of national forest.

The proposal, to become effective in 90 days, will "better harmonize the environmental, social and economic benefits" of the forests, the Forest Service said in a press release.

That's bureaucratic gibberish for eroding safeguards under the National Environmental Policy Act that protect fish and wildlife. This will be done by reducing the public's participation in the planning process and its ability to appeal bad decisions to the courts.

The Forest Service even has the gall to claim that the new rule will emphasize modern scientific knowledge, but environmental scientists say it actually will reduce the role of scientists in the planning process.

The plan offers more "flexibility" to forest managers, the Forest Service says. That means forest managers can designate areas for future logging without studying the impact on wildlife, watersheds and public recreation throughout the forest. The loggers, who consider the present system slow and cumbersome, support the change.

The Forest Service says there's no need to do an environmental study during the forestwide planning process. The study can be done when individual projects, such as a timber sale, are undertaken. But that change sidesteps the major purpose of the National Forest Management Act of 1976, which directs the Forest Service to develop a management plan for each of the 175 forests and grasslands.

The plans are the means of determining the most appropriate uses of various parts of the forests over a 15-year period and studying the relative impact of those uses on the rest of the forest. In California, population pressures have brought about a greater recognition of the need for recreational uses of the forests, including hiking, backpacking, hunting, fishing and backcountry skiing, and for reduced logging.

The current rules require the Forest Service to conduct a formal environmental impact study whenever the management plans are revised or significantly amended. The planners must consider alternatives. Through a hearing and comment process, the public has a chance to balance one against the other and offer support or opposition.

The new rule allows forest managers to exempt forest plans from such environmental studies. There would be only one choice, that of the forest manager. No longer would the plans have to give first priority to protection of the forest environment or maintain legal protection for wildlife.

The Forest Service says it's not changing national goals for protecting the forests. If that's so, there's no point in junking the present rules. They are complex, but they work.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 04-Dec-2002, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

The Republicans, including the Bushes, rely on P.T. Barnum's theory of the amazing birth rate of simpletons when it comes to politics. They know that military actions are easy ways to delay public abuse for having a weak economy. I fell for it back in 1991. Then I saw how inept the elder Bush was at ramrodding his domestic policies through Congress.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
scottish2 
Posted: 04-Dec-2002, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

In my view it's the entire government not just the republicrates. The entire government believes "there's a sucker born every minute".
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 05-Dec-2002, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 08-Dec-2002, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Quote (scottish2 @ Dec. 04 2002,8:45)
In my view it's the entire government not just the republicrates. The entire government believes "there's a sucker born every minute".

I stand corrected.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
scottish2 
Posted: 08-Dec-2002, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well not sure if you followed our breif politics forum but I don't mind voicing my dislove for the US Government. I just wished more people would stand up for themselves. ::confused
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Dec-2002, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,838 Gold!

Quote (Catriona @ Dec. 03 2002,04:17)
The USA needs to become more ecologically aware.  Not just single people like Scottish2 - but your central government and local government, too.

Ok, I've been away from the forum for a while, but I will jump right in!

I know it is easy to bash the U.S. for consuming more than its fair share of oil, but alot of good has come from the technology generated by the economy for the past 10 years.

A top priority of the current administration is developing a viable fusion reactor within 35 years. So what is fusion you may ask? It is what powers the sun, it is what will save humunity from polluting the earth. There is no nuclear radiation or waste generated from a fusion reactor. Of course, there are many scientific milestones that will have to be passed in order to build a fusion reactor, but we know from theory it is possible. It is physics and it will work.

Once the fusion problem is solved we will have a virtually unending supply of energy and fosil fuels will become a thing of the past.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 08-Dec-2002, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Bush he's so funny. Throws a bone one way while tearing it away someplace else. If he's really worried about the Environment he'd stop proposing idiotic proposals like cutting down the forests to prevent forest fires or drilling for oil instead of finding viable alternatives that are more environmentally friendly.
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 09-Dec-2002, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

Quote (scottish2 @ Dec. 04 2002,9:45)

::viking OK! It is a government, by the people, for the people, of the people. The is not bad It is the politicians, that think they are the GOVERNMENT. It is wrong thinking on the part of the cititizans, that let's them get away with it.  
):( Why do cival servants think they are doing us a favor, every time we call on them to do their job, for us? Now they are having a fit, because Bush says no pay raise for them.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 09-Dec-2002, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well again my view only but anyone who thinks this is anywherer near a Constitutional government needs to reread the Constitution because it is far from it' Specifically read Article 1 Section 8 and then ask yourself where congress gets the power for a good majority of the programs they run now a day. Providing for the general welfare isn't an autjhorization to force people into a Social insecurity program. But specifically read section 8 as that lays forth congresses VERY VERY limited powers! Not clearly how small their jurisdiction is also right near the end of Section 8

http://www.archives.gov/exhibit....on.html
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 09-Dec-2002, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

I saw a bumper sticker recently that sums it all up for me:

I LOVE my COUNTRY,
It's the GOVERNMENT I HATE!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]