Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Celtic Music Videos, Post your music videos here!
subhuman 
Posted: 04-Jan-2008, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

TandVh- alright, no more WoW videos. I've been looking at them for about 6 hours straight, come here for an escape- and what do I find? tongue.gif

For the rest of you, I gotta be me... pushing boundaries whereever I can, and hopefully opening a few eyes in the process.

A bunch of "old farts" performing a song called 'The Clansman' in Rio back in 2002.

Not exactly celtic in style of composition or performance, but at least the words are along the right lines.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 21-Apr-2008, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I came across this on Moya Brennans website today:

Ballad of Ronnie Drew to raise funds for Irish Cancer Society

As previously reported a host of Ireland's finest singers and musicians have produced a tribute to Ronnie Drew, one of the great voices of modern Irish music.

"The Ballad of Ronnie Drew" is by U2, Kila, The Dubliners and "A Band of Bowsies" - the Bowsies include Christy Moore, Shane MacGowan, Damien Dempsey, Andrea Corr, Sinead O'Connor and Moya Brennan.

Available in Ireland only "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew" will be released on digital download from February 22nd and a CD single will follow on February 29th.

"The Ballad of Ronnie Drew" was written by Robert Hunter (Grateful Dead) with Bono, The Edge and Simon Carmody and has been described as "a fitting tribute" to Ronnie Drew, who topped the Irish Charts with The Dubliners 'Seven Drunken Nights' in 1967.

Ronnie Drew chose the Irish Cancer Society to be the recipient of all profits from this track. The Irish Cancer Society, is dedicated to eliminating cancer and improving the lives of those living with cancer.

Bono speaking at the time of the recording said "Ronnie is like the King of Ireland, and we are his subjects."

"The Ballad of Ronnie Drew",
A tribute - recorded at Windmill Lane, January 14th and 15th, 2008.

Musicians:
U2 (Adam Clayton, Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jnr)
The Dubliners (Barney McKenna, Eamonn Campbell, John Sheahan, Patsy Watchorn) Kíla (Dee Armstrong, Eoin Dillon, Brian Hogan, Lance Hogan, Colm Ó Snodaigh, Rónán Ó Snodaigh, Rossa Ó Snodaigh)

A Band of Bowsies:
Christy Moore, Shane MacGowan, Damien Dempsey, Andrea Corr, Sinéad O'Connor, Moya Brennan, Glen Hansard

Chorus in alphabetical order:
Brian Kennedy, Billy McGuinness, Bronagh Gallagher, Chris de Burgh, Christy Dignam, Duke Special, Eleanor McEvoy, Eleanor Shanley, Gavin Friday, Iona Green, Jack L, Jerry Fish, Joe Elliott, Mary Black, Mary Coughlan, Mik Pyro, Mundy, Paddy Casey, Paul Brady and Ronan Keating

Live video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGNxz7zeU10
Regular Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZzbyXQlsM...feature=related

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
MichaelMurrayGuitar 
Posted: 31-Jul-2008, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

Here is a video of my student, Chrissy Steinbock, performing Turlough O'Carolan's Si Bheag Si Mhor. Any comments here or on Youtube are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S93qbd5thcs
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 05-Nov-2008, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

New Enya video from her CD "And Winter Came"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJ8Eq4JnO4...feature=related
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]