Posted: 26-Feb-2007, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 23-Feb-2007, 06:19 AM)
Anyone who can remember the original Sea Hunt TV show… must be in the prime of their lives. That is to say that they can remember the show, but can’t remember what they had for breakfast.

Have fun today, no matter how serious it get.

JC

Always enjoyed Lloyd Bridges in "Sea Hunt." Especially with the old twin hose regulators.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Emmet 
Posted: 26-Feb-2007, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

Anyone who can remember the original Sea Hunt TV show… must be in the prime of their lives. That is to say that they can remember the show, but can’t remember what they had for breakfast.

Always enjoyed Lloyd Bridges in "Sea Hunt." Especially with the old twin hose regulators.

Not only do I remember Sea Hunt, my first SCUBA training was with a Nimrod single stage ("twin hose") regulator, a steel tank with a J valve, steel back plate and canvas straps, and no BCD or pressure gauge. We used the US Navy tables, a wrist-mounted depth gauge and a wristwatch.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Feb-2007, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

About a year ago we got rid of cable and just subscribe to a 9.95 life line with about 35 channels. The kids hated it at first, but then they started doing more stuff together like playing games, game cube and sitting down and watching a DVD movie together.

Now we are taking the money we are saving and buying DVD box sets.

Maybe we are a little strange, but we are watching Little House on the Praire, Full House, Leave it to Beaver, Sponge Bob sets. I plan on ordering a few Next Generation seasons and hope to get the full original Star Trek Set sometime.

Probably someday we will get full cable back, but for now it seems better we don't have 300 channels to choose from as the kids have found other things to do!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 26-Feb-2007, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 23-Feb-2007, 07:19 AM)

Have fun today, no matter how serious it get.

JC

I hate it when you're right, but you're right tongue.gif !

But I'm sure whatever I had for breakfast was good!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 27-Feb-2007, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

Dear stevenpd and Emmet,

Back when Sea Hunt was on TV. My friend Rich and I were diving with single hose regulators. You know the kind with the regulator at the mouth piece. I thought it was great regulator, because it would automatically force you to the surface, when your air supply was running low.

Of course we didn’t have much money so we always had to improvise, as far as the rest of our equipment was concerned. Take my depth gage example. It was simply a forty foot line attached to an inflated tier floating at the surface. Of course the tier had a net and dive flag attached to it. We also did a lot of experimentation, like eating banners, and drinking fresh water, from squeeze bottles, while diving. When diving at night, we just put flash lights into a preserve jars. It wasn’t the best but it worked.

Once we even went diving under some sheet ice, out on Long Island. I remember pouring heated water from a canteen into the necks of our wet suits, to reduce the shock of entering the icy water.
Back then you could a great deal on a wet suit, by mail order. You sent them your measurements, and they would send you a wet suit, that you then glued together. Come to think of it, I never had a wet suit that fit so well.

Those were the days my friends, those were the days.

JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Feb-2007, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Watched a new show last night called, "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" I was really suprised by how many us adults did not know the answers to these questions. I really loved the show cause you get to learn so much........stuff you should have learned in fifth grade! I couldn't believe people didn't know what month Columbus Day was! Even my own hubby didn't know! LOL
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 28-Feb-2007, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,879 Gold!

This is the month that WUNC-TV (North Carolina's Public TV station) has its fund raising drive. They always have some good specials. Tonight is two different programs of Celtic Women.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
stevenpd 
Posted: 28-Feb-2007, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 28-Feb-2007, 06:30 PM)
This is the month that WUNC-TV (North Carolina's Public TV station) has its fund raising drive. They always have some good specials. Tonight is two different programs of Celtic Women.

They are two good shows! I love watching and listening, especially Mairead, dancing around playing her fiddle like a Puck playing in the forest. Enjoy!
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 28-Feb-2007, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,879 Gold!

Found out that Celtic Woman will be in concert in Raleigh, NC two nights: March 30 and 31.
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

I remember Sea Hunt and watching it when I was small. I always enjoyed watching it with my dad. Do you remember "Have Gun Will Travel"? My all time favorite t.v. show (I posted this on another CR forum) was "The Addams Family".
As for t.v. today - I don't care for it too much. I have people always asking me if I had seen a certain t.v. show, I tell always them no. Most t.v. today is vulgar and toally uncreative. Plus, I would rather spend my time either listening to CR, reading, doing something artsy, or spending time with husband and kids.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
TandVh 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

Lost in Space- smile.gif smile.gif !!!

Robot was soo cooool cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

We all hated Dr. Smith mad.gif mad.gif

And, as kids, we all wanted to be like Will- biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
TandVh
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Danger Will Robinson!

robot.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 22-Jul-2007, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Who wants to be a Superhero-season 2 starts this Thrusday on Sci fi network. The first season was pretty good and surprisely addicting. Never did see the movie that the winner was suppose to have made with his character.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Donajhi 
Posted: 29-Aug-2007, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Love BBC's "How Clean is Your House?"

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 11-Sep-2007, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

I remember during my Nova Scotia summers having only two channels on the tube. I think those were the days to remember. Now a days up there everyone has a dish. I miss those days up there. We always found something to do. Even now when I'm there I watch little to no TV. It seems that most of the TV viewing I do is at the FD.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]