Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bethlehem 2005- September, Who's coming this year?
Eamon 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

A Shrule,

We will be getting there around 7, I imagine. I will wear my Wexford Hurling jersey...you canna miss that...bright gold and purple! I will be the guy with the big bear in my hand.

Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Just popping in in time to wish all of you a great time at Bethlehem; note.gif enjoy every minute of it. I'll be thinking of you...and if it doesn't kill you tongue.gif have a few for me... beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif ...see you back next week! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Eamon @ 21-Sep-2005, 10:36 AM)
A Shrule,

We will be getting there around 7, I imagine. I will wear my Wexford Hurling jersey...you canna miss that...bright gold and purple! I will be the guy with the big bear in my hand.

Eamon

You got it, Ed. Seven it will be.

NOW, let's discuss this "BEAR" thing. -------I will be the guy with the big bear in my hand.

Eamon

Ed, this is a "bear":

http://www.bear.org/images/GB_PhotoGallery2_03s.jpg

This is a "beer":

http://www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/2527.jpg

angel_not.gif angel_not.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Eamon don't pay attention to him, bring your bear and we will be there early enough to get some good seats. If you get there before us grab some chairs...they go very very fast! I'll have on my Gordon Kilt (like that's gonna help!) with boots. I usually wear a name tag so in case I get lost they can turn me in to the lost and found center. Also I'm usually grinning the whole time so since I don't have any front teeth you should be able to fiind me!!! Ha ha!!!

See ya Friday night!!!

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Irish Stepper, hope you see this!

We will be going to see the Barley Boys at 2:00 on Sat at the Ice House....if you can make it try to meet up with us there if we haven't run into you yet!!!

Take care and be careful on the drive down!

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 22-Sep-2005, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL time!! Sure wish I was coming along with you...but eh maybe next year?!! Can't wait to see the pics Annabelle takes....You all have a beer_mug.gif for me and be safe! Cheers to all!!

--------------------
Eamon 
Posted: 23-Sep-2005, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

A Shrule Egan,

Well you know what they say.."If you're going to be a bear, be a Grizzly." But I will leave the bear at home and carry a beer instead. Tastes better anyway.

See you guys tonight.

And for those that cannot make it but would like too, I will have a beer or a bear or two for you.

Eamon
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 25-Sep-2005, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Back from Bethlehem.

Plenty of pics to post in the next few days. Those attending that we know were there: Irish Stepper, Eamon, Fran, Sylvanus, Annabelle and A Shrule Egan.

We wanted to get a group picture with Irish Stepper but we never saw her again after the Charlie Zahm show, on Saturday. We do have a group picture with Eamon, when we were at the Glengarry Bhoys show, on Friday night. Unfortunately, Sylvanus had to leave before he got to meet Eamon and didn't make it into the shot.

The weather was perfect. No rain and temps in the upper 70's during the day and upper 60's in the evening. The crowd was huge. We tried to get some numbers of how many attended, from some of the officials that we know but they were undermanned this year and couldn't keep up with the count. It appeared that it was bigger than last years crowd.

We didn't know it when we made reservations at the Hilton Garden but that was the hotel that all the bands stayed at. We were hanging out with The Barley Boys, in the hot tub. Security finally came in at 12:30 AM and kicked us out. Pool and hot tub are supposed to close at 10, so, I guess we really can't complain, that they let us stay there that long.

Speaking of The Barley Boys, they have a new cd out. I think it is available off the web page now.

More will be posted about the fest over the next few days.
PMEmail Poster               
TequilaNancy 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 06:01 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Quakertown, PA

female

Hey Annabelle and A Shrule, I believe I saw you guys from a distance by the Donagal Square tent. I was walking passed on my way to the bathroom and beer tent (in that order)...when I came back, you were no where to be found. Sorry I missed you. It was early Sunday afternoon.
We had a really nice day and since it was my "BIG" birthday I was all about the hard cider and music! Barleyjuice was playing in Philly on Friday and Wildwood at Irish Weekend on Saturday so it was a non stop party for me all weekend. I'm totally exhausted!
We're still trying to get Barleyjuice in the Celtic Classic, I think that venue is absolutely perfect for them.

Haven't been on the board here in a while. Been busy with the new school year starting and it seems like there is just not enough time in the day for anything that includes me sitting at the computer for very long.

Sounds like you guys had a great time as usual, did you get to see Old Blind Dogs? They were really great. Since we could only be there Sunday we tried to see everyone, but I thought the Dogs were the best.

Maybe next year we will be there and get to hang out with you.

Tequila Nancy

PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Perhaps next year Arminta and I can be there too!

Sounds like a good time was had by all!

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

ohmy.gif WOW - I can't wait to see your group photo!! It sounds like it was a huge success too this year! Better it gets bigger and more popular every year! I'd like to come next year...I'll have to start planning that out now I think since it sounds like it is so much fun!! Hot-tub with the Barley Boys!! geez the fun I missed out on!! Glad you all had a great time...

Eamon - I hope you had a beer_mug.gif for me...and that is beer...not bear... tongue.gif

AShruleEgan 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Amy, don't worry about Ed having a beer for you. I can vouch that he did and I think he had my share to. laugh.gif

Then we went back to the hotel and popped open a few bottles of Mondavi and Sake. We hung out in the room bs'ing til about 2:30 AM before Ed and his bud, Bill, decided to head home.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (TequilaNancy @ 26-Sep-2005, 07:01 AM)
Hey Annabelle and A Shrule, I believe I saw you guys from a distance by the Donagal Square tent. I was walking passed on my way to the bathroom and beer tent (in that order)...when I came back, you were no where to be found. Sorry I missed you. It was early Sunday afternoon.
We had a really nice day and since it was my "BIG" birthday I was all about the hard cider and music! Barleyjuice was playing in Philly on Friday and Wildwood at Irish Weekend on Saturday so it was a non stop party for me all weekend. I'm totally exhausted!
We're still trying to get Barleyjuice in the Celtic Classic, I think that venue is absolutely perfect for them.

Haven't been on the board here in a while. Been busy with the new school year starting and it seems like there is just not enough time in the day for anything that includes me sitting at the computer for very long.

Sounds like you guys had a great time as usual, did you get to see Old Blind Dogs? They were really great. Since we could only be there Sunday we tried to see everyone, but I thought the Dogs were the best.

Maybe next year we will be there and get to hang out with you.

Tequila Nancy

Hey Nancy, I thought I saw your hubby from a distance on Sunday but I wasn't sure if it was him. Was he with you???

Yes, we were by Donegal Square many times on Sunday. We were picking Neville's brains about some of his product line. We were also hanging out near Rocky and Kelly at USA Kilts fairly often.

We'll be working on getting Barleyjuice for the fest. We now have a direct connection and we'll be discussing many things with that person, for next year. Just need to make sure Barleyjuice doesn't have to play in the "Ice House". That's not a place for them to play. I complained about having The Barley Boys play there. That's a place for accoustic bands only.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Raven @ 26-Sep-2005, 02:03 PM)
Perhaps next year Arminta and I can be there too!

Sounds like a good time was had by all!

Mikel

Mike, put it on your schedule now. Maybe Peckery and Tracie can join you for the ride, if he's feeling better by then.

By the way, why don't you look into getting booked at the Celtic Fling in Manheim, Pa. next year. That's a fest you guys would fit into. Here's the web page, so you cantact them. http://www.parenfaire.com/outdoor/CelticFl...ticHomePage.htm
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 26-Sep-2005, 03:43 PM)
ohmy.gif WOW - I can't wait to see your group photo!! It sounds like it was a huge success too this year! Better it gets bigger and more popular every year! I'd like to come next year...I'll have to start planning that out now I think since it sounds like it is so much fun!! Hot-tub with the Barley Boys!! geez the fun I missed out on!! Glad you all had a great time...

Eamon - I hope you had a beer_mug.gif for me...and that is beer...not bear... tongue.gif

By the way Amy, we were meeting Ed (Eamon) for the first time and if you look at his avatar, that's exactly what he looks like.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]