Nara 
Posted: 03-Apr-2008, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

well, my m-i-l is doing well with her cancer treatment. she didn't need a full mastectomy after all, just a lumpectomy. she's had two chemo treatments so far, and has been achy and tired, but not sick. she's even gone to work a fair amount of the time. actually, thinking about the current thread, she's on prozac, too. she started taking it a couple of years after my hubby and i got married. thank goodness, because she was an absolute basket-case before. and she's very honest about all the improvement she and the f-i-l have seen in their love life since she started taking it. wink.gif not that i needed to know that...
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 06-Apr-2008, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Nara, that's good news to hear about your m-i-l...I hope every thing goes well with her. I agree, sometimes there are things that are best left unsaid! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Apr-2008, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ 03-Mar-2008, 05:46 PM)
...Seems to me when the thread was started sooo long ago, we were discussing menopause! biggrin.gif I keep thinking I must be getting there, then I realize I'm bitchy because my husband's an idiot. laugh.gif

Heard a commedianne say she's personally responsible for global warming. Al Gore's been following her around for years.

laugh.gif laugh.gif You cracked me up there.

I got to talking to some new artist ladyfriends at a co-op gallery we involved in, and 4 or 5 of us are menopausal.... I liked one gal's term, she said "I have my own personal summer now". Most of us felt like we're falling apart now that we've hit 50, and two of the group have the same knee troubles I do.

Growin' old ain't for sissies!
Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 21-Apr-2008, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

mad1.gif it sure is hot!!! sweatdrop.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-May-2008, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

One really amazing thing about menopause has been this odd courage its given me. I've gotten downright feisty. And all the introspection the big M triggered has resulted in a lot of mental house-cleaning... I've cut loose toxic 'friends', hopeless situations and excess emotional baggage. I feel light as a feather.
sad.gif But the scales sure don't say I'm that light. I don't think I could lose 5 pounds if my jaw was wired shut.

PM               
valpal59 
Posted: 06-May-2008, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 06-May-2008, 01:09 PM)
One really amazing thing about menopause has been this odd courage its given me. I've gotten downright feisty. And all the introspection the big M triggered has resulted in a lot of mental house-cleaning... I've cut loose toxic 'friends', hopeless situations and excess emotional baggage. I feel light as a feather.
sad.gif But the scales sure don't say I'm that light. I don't think I could lose 5 pounds if my jaw was wired shut.

I agree Siobhan Blues. I have gotten to a place where I don't let all of the little things, that are so not worth the effort, get to me anymore.
Losing weight just isn't happening at the moment. No matter how much I exercise and how healthy I eat, the pounds are just not budging at the moment.
This is the 6th month without a monthly visit. Fingers crossed that I make it the full year. Then hopefully after that it will be easier to lose some weight. ( she says with fingers crossed) wink.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 06-May-2008, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Well, I went from sometime in February until just a couple of days ago between cycles - this is the first time I haven't been on an every-other-month cycle for a good while. And, thankfully, it has been very, very light. I am so weary of day one keeping me in the bathroom every two hours with a flood.

The prozac is definitely helping the mood swings - I can tell. I'm not one to take much in the line of meds, but I'm content with this. Don't you just hate it when one of the side effects of a medication is weight-loss but that's not the side effect you have? Why don't we get to choose - I'll take weight-loss with just a little sleepiness, please.

I know I've become much more mellow for the past several years and I just don't get worked up about things the way I used to. A friend of mine who had four children said she learned to choose her battles. Good advice. I always tell my kids "it's not the end of the world" when they complain about something going wrong - now I've learned to remind myself of that, too.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
gwenlee 
Posted: 08-May-2008, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I am still waiting for the hot flashes. But I am always freezing. My hunny says my thermostat is broken. I too am having problems loosing weight. I came off my diet and gained by 15 lbs in 6 months, bummer. So I am back on the diet .
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 12-May-2008, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

I used to be a very sweet person...or at least that's what I was told. I can still be that way, but sometimes the evil twin comes out and all hell breaks loose. I love it!!! censored.gif

cheers.gif to my Menopausal friends!!! Remember, we are like fine wine, we just get better as we age!!!
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 12-May-2008, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

What was I saying about this cycle being very light? Hah! Well, maybe for the first 6 or 7 days - but this is turning into the longest stretch I've ever had, I think. Days 1 through 6 or so were very light, then on Saturday it was like opening the flood gates. Then yesterday was back to light again. I keep waiting for the end but today I'm still in "very light" mode. For heavens sake, just stop! That's what I get for thinking it was nice to go for over two months without a cycle - it comes back and just plays with my mind. sigh...
ctbard 
Posted: 13-May-2008, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

I haven't had my cycle in about 8 months, so is this it? is it over? just when I think it is, it rears it's ugly head again. aren't I to young for this? I"ve been having sporadic periods for about 8 years now, this is the longest span between them though.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 13-May-2008, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I know that one of my close friends is about 3 years younger than I am and she went through mp already. She hasn't had a period in at least two years. (I found that out when I was at her house on Saturday and I proceeded to have a mini-flood. Thank goodness I had provisions with me as she had none) Then I have friends who are twins and ten years younger than I am and they are both going through menopause right now. Neither of them has children but the other gal has one child who she had in her early 40's.

Go figure. unsure.gif
valpal59 
Posted: 13-May-2008, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

They say you have to go a full year without a cycle then you have reached menopause. I've almost got 7 months down. Fingers crossed that I make it the full year.
Maggiemahone1, I also have an evil twin. She is getting more powerful. wink.gif

cheers.gif to you ladies.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Jun-2008, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Good luck on reaching the Year mark! I've just realized this week that its been three years for me. But I've been gaining weight like crazy - had to go to the doc's for a checkup and I'd put on 10 pounds since my last visit 6 months ago. And censored.gif I'd already given up my beloved 'tater chips in hopes of taking off a few pounds before summer gets here.

Grrrr.

Frustrated Siobhan
PM               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 05-Jun-2008, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

I'm still having the hot flashes, some days I feel like I'm going to have a melt down like the wicked witch on the Wizard of Oz, and some days I feel like the wicked witch!!! Good luck to all you ladies that are going thru that vicious cycle of not knowing when it's all going to be over with...
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]