> Wife Of Musician, B.A. in Technie
motherbeet 
Posted: 24-Apr-2006, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

king.gif I just happened on this website for the first time. It is amazing! My husband is a Celtic musician (he just performed at the Arizonia Highland Games in February) and is looking for more performing opportunities. He has been a Celtic (mainly Scots but also Irish) musician for the last 25 years but took off touring while raising our 2 children. We are kicking these kids out of the house come June thus can get back to touring. Brian has 2 Celtic CDs (as well as numerous albums on VINYL!). His website is: BrianFreemanMusic.com

Any other wives of the musicians out there? . . . And everyone knows what that means . . . all the work and none of the glory! I actually had the perfect college degree for this marriage . . . a B.A. in technical theatre! That makes me a Magna Cum Laude Roadie! I’ve got Scottish ancesters that go back to the Earl of Biggar. The Scottish Whites in my family emigrated to Chicago in the 1800s and somehow ended up as Vice President of Valvoline Oil. (Grandma Helen White once asked if we wanted the Grand Piano or the Baby Grand Piano – both Steinways!)

One of my favorite stories my father told me was that when he was in college his was in a Jazz Band. The band was asked to perform at a military banquet and told they had to come in uniform. My father (who had a great sense of humor) rented kilts for the band members and told the Sargeant in charge that they were dressed in UNIFORM!

I look forward to exploring this website. Cheers, Cathy Freeman
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Apr-2006, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to the forum motherbeet. I hope you enjoy the music as well as the wonderful people that are here on this forum. I am glad you found us. I look forward to hearing more from you. Good luck to your husbands band.. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 25-Apr-2006, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Hi Cathy

Welcome to Celtic Radio. If you need ideas for shows or anything else feel free to pm me on the forum or message me on my space at www.myspace.com/blaqlily I will be happy to help you with anything I can.

I am not a musicians wife (I am a musician's husband) grin

Best of luck with this, I know it will be a great adventure for the both of you!

Slainte

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
dundee 
Posted: 25-Apr-2006, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

HEY! my wife is the wife of a celtic musician.... what are the chances.... biggrin.gif
nice to meet ya... note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 25-Apr-2006, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hi, Cathy, from the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona! I must assume you and your musician hubby reside down around Phoenix. Welcome aboard to the website and I hope you enjoy the many features it has to offer.

Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 25-Apr-2006, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Great, and grand welcomes to CelticRadio.net smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 25-Apr-2006, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

From what I've just heard, may I suggest getting a cd or two into Macfive's hands as soon as possible and let him get them into the rotation here. They would be a welcomed addition.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]