Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mexico Swine Flu, New Strain!, Spurs global epidemic fear.
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 28-Apr-2009, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 28-Apr-2009, 04:29 PM)
I have heard quarantine mentioned several times on the news today. If that happens your access to good medical will be limited to what the govt provides. Think about that!!!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

You don't suppose that's why the government is trying so hard to convince people that there is a crisis?

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 28-Apr-2009, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Good point MMD. Bloody pig cold is what it is! Manufactured news. Pandemic hysteria to manipulate skulls full of mush and carbon footprints.

Some people get sick, so what? Good health, get well, don't illustrate your mental and emotional instability by wearing a mask and carrying a bottle of lysol around.

At least the news has changed from freaking:
twitter, going green, green, twitter, going green, twitter, going green, green, twitter, going green, twitter, going green, green, twitter, going green, twitter, going green, green, twitter, going green, twitter...

I've even heard more college students are watching TV news now more than ever, because everytime the word "green" or "twitter" is said, you gotta drink up. And if "twitter" and "green" are used in the same sentance, then its a shot of Jagermeister for ya! But tops is whenever "Gore" or "Obama" are used in the same sentance with "twitter" and "green."

Unbeleivable rubbish! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
PMEmail Poster                
flora 
Posted: 28-Apr-2009, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Bloody pig cold is what it is!

In American English please? Not sure what you mean!

But tops is whenever "Gore" or "Obama" are used in the same sentance with "twitter" and "green."

So what are you suppose to do?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 28-Apr-2009, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I am supposed to wear a mask in the winter and I do wear one in my shirt pocket when I visit the cardiologist. (if it is cold outside.)

I do carry hand sanitizer in a little spray pen and have for a long time. I do not intend to worry or change my plans though.

The biggest concern to me would be quarantine and martial law to enforce it!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 28-Apr-2009, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Ah, Flora, so you're particularly interested in the drinkin' game, then is it? beer.gif

When a bubble-headed newsperson uses the words "Obama" (or "Gore") in the same sentence with "twitter" and "green", then bottoms up and sing this song as demonstrated on U Tube by the drunken Scotsman in Germany...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXfYvo6j_o

Slainte
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 29-Apr-2009, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Toddler in Texas becomes 1st swine flu death in US, a 23-month-old toddler in Texas became the first confirmed swine flu death inside the US Officials say the death was in Houston.

Kathy Barton, a spokeswoman for the Houston Health and Human Services Department, said Wednesday that the child had "traveled" with family from Mexico to Brownsville in South Texas. The child became "then" ill in Brownsville and was taken to a Houston hospital.

Personally I do not buy that story. The child was in bad shape when seen in Brownsville or it would not have been transferred to Houston. The child was probably very ill when the family decided to come here!

It has also been determined that a hog farm in Mexico failed to maintain basic snitation requirements and caused the first case of swine flu. That "child" working on the farm survived. Again filth caused the outbreak!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
InRi 
Posted: 29-Apr-2009, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Saxons

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arbing, Upper Austria

male

The swine flu reached Austria. In Vienna a 28 years old woman will cured in a ICU. She came back just now from a travel to Mexico. A 23 years old woman is in a hospital in Steyr also with swine flu suspicion. She was in Mexico too and came back to Austria 9 days ago.

Ingo

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 29-Apr-2009, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I am certain all of the cases can be traced back to someone from or returning from Mexico. Anyone who has seen Mexico other than the "tourist traps" knows the filth the Mexican people live in. That is why the death rate in children is so high there.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 29-Apr-2009, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

On a lighter note, I was listening to the radio this afternoon and they recommended that to avoid the swine flu we should avoid hugs and hand shakes. Those could be replaced by "elbow bumps" and gentle pats on the butt!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
InRi 
Posted: 30-Apr-2009, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Saxons

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arbing, Upper Austria

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 30-Apr-2009, 04:00 AM)
Those could be replaced by "elbow bumps" and gentle pats on the butt! 

...or a amicable hit with a wooden cludgel - like the Neanderthals. No more infection but everytime pretty dreams... wink.gif

Ingo
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 30-Apr-2009, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I just read two print news articles, both AP, that claim only 8 deaths out of the 168 in Mexico have been confirmed to be related to the swine flu! I also saw the same on MSNBC and Fox News.

That sure sounds like a "contrived" crisis.

I wonder why?!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-Apr-2009, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

In the interest of protecting pigs the WHO will no longer use the term "swine flu".

It will now be known as " H1N1 influenza A" which should prevent the needless slaughter of swine!

One must get ones priorities in proper order.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 30-Apr-2009, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

On a lighter note, I was listening to the radio this afternoon and they recommended that to avoid the swine flu we should avoid hugs and hand shakes. Those could be replaced by "elbow bumps" and gentle pats on the butt!

That sure sounds like a "contrived" crisis.

I wonder why?!

Maybe because they already do that at the senate meetings? gossip.gif biggrin.gif

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 01-May-2009, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I heard on the news today (Dr Sanjay Gupta) that the "SWINE FLU" (the h#ll with Obama's numbered flu) started at a "mega hog farm" owned by Smithfield Farms of VA. They took advantage of NAFTA to get away from environmental restrictions in the US. They have obviously made a lot of people in Mexico ill and maybe caused the deaths of some. Now that the information is out, the Americans that run the operation and locals too are in grave danger. Though the govt there has no death penalty, the police conduct executions for lesser offenses.

Again, the problem goes back to GREED!!

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 01-May-2009, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I suppose it was just a matter of time till this happened!

Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller says telephone solicitors are telling people the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Department of Homeland Security are requiring the purchase of the kits to test for the swine flu virus.

Zoeller said Friday the claims are false and the callers are "cynically exploiting people's fears in order to commit fraud.'' He says they may also be in violation of Indiana's telephone privacy laws, and anyone who has been contacted by such a solicitor should notify his office.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]