Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

100-Pound Woman Downs Six-Pound Burger

100-Pound Woman Downs Six-Pound Hamburger and Five Pounds of Fixins in Under Three Hours

CLEARFIELD, Pa. Jan 16, 2005 ? A 100-pound female college student is the first to meet the Denny's Beer Barrel Pub challenge: down the restaurant's six-pound hamburger and five pounds of fixins' within three hours.

Kate Stelnick, 19, of Princeton, N.J., made the five-hour drive with two friends from The College of New Jersey on Wednesday, after they saw pictures of the monster burger, dubbed the Ye Old 96er, on the Internet and on TV's Food Network.

"I just saw it on TV and I really thought I could do it," Stelnick said, after downing the burger in two hours, 54 minutes.
Stelnick didn't eat for two days to prepare for the challenge. "I felt very full, but I was too excited that I actually ate it to notice," Stelnick said.
Denny Leigey Jr., the owner of the bar 35 miles northwest of State College, had offered a two-pound burger for years and conceived of the six-pounder after his daughter went to college and phoned him about a bar that sold a four-pounder.
But nobody had finished the big burger in the three-hour time limit since it was introduced on Super Bowl Sunday 1998 not even competitive eater Eric "Badlands" Booker.

The 420-pound Booker who has eaten such things as 49 glazed doughnuts in eight minutes and two pounds of chocolate bars in six minutes tried three times to eat the burger and finally did on his third effort. But it took Booker 7 1/2 hours.

The burger takes 45 minutes to cook, and those who try to meet the three-hour limit must use no utensils and eat all of these fixins: one large onion, two whole tomatoes, one half head of lettuce, 1 1/4 pounds of cheese, top and bottom buns, and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, banana peppers and some pickles.

Leigey said he was pretty sure somebody would meet his burger challenge, though he didn't have a petite woman in mind.
"I wouldn't have made it if I didn't think it was possible," Leigey said.
For her trouble, Stelnick got a special certificate, a T-shirt and other prizes and as advertised Leigey picked up the $23.95 tab for the burger.

-----------------------------------------------------
[B]Now that's alotta burger, I found it on the link below![/B]

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/wireStory?id=418058

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 21-Jan-2005, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I wonder if they "borrowed" the name of the burger from the John Candy-Dan Akroyd movie "The Great Outdoors" rolleyes.gif ....

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 21-Jan-2005, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for sharing Dragonboy interesting. I think I will become a vegan! laugh.gif LOL. MDF3530, I was thinking the same thing. I loved that movie. I liked the bat part! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 22-Jan-2005, 01:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

The thought of trying to eat all that meat turns my stomach. I'm not exactly a lightweight, and I'm full after a Quarter Pounder with Cheese regular size value meal from McDonalds.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]