Posted: 17-Jul-2009, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well... he eats you!" Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 17-Jul-2009, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

SB 845 is up for vote as early as Monday which will expand reciprocity re: CC permits to other CC states across the country. It is part of the defense funding budget and should you approve, please contact your Senators. You can read more at: http://www.gunowners.org (I use this link regularly and have run the site through ,my virus protection again) Many states offer reciprocity now.

Slàinte,     

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 17-Jul-2009, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 17-Jul-2009, 09:39 PM)
"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well... he eats you!" Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski

You are quite right. That is part of the thrill of hunting dangerous game animals.

I have always felt the animal should have the better odds. Otherwise it is not hunting, it is shooting!

On some of my best hunts I came home empty handed.

Slàinte,     

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 20-Jul-2009, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

During discussion of SB 845 today the Brady group made the following ill informed statement.

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence noted that gun owners in states such as Georgia, Mississippi or South Dakota that require no training to obtain a concealed gun permit would be able to carry hidden guns to states that have training requirements. States that ban gun possession by people who have committed violent or child sex abuse crimes might have to accept the permits of those from states without those restrictions, it said.

No person who has committed a crime that is classified a felony including any violent crime, child abuse, theft robbery, drug use/sales or misdemeanor domestic violence is PROHIBITED from owning any firearm! That is federal law and no state has the ability to modify it! All of these crimes are listed in the NCIS and that is checked when a permit is applied for or a gun purchased. Just "attempting" to purchase a firearm or to obtain a permit when under "disability" gets one a prison term in FEDERAL prison! I never thought Sarah was all that informed and this is certainly an indicator.

The last information was, though close enough D's from moderate and conservative states were supporting the amendment to pass it. If you have an interest in this, please contact your senator.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 20-Jul-2009, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

"Ignorance we can change, but STUPID is permanent!"
Dogshirt 2008

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Jul-2009, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

We seem to be "blessed" with plenty of both! sad.gif

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Aug-2009, 04:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

he following is a recent poll by USA Today on gun rights including the manner in which the question was posed. The results were interesting. Particularly among non gun owners.

"Do you believe the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the rights of Americans to own guns, or does it only guarantee members of state militias such as National Guard units the right to own guns?"

Right of all Americans Only state militias

All adults 73% 20%

Gun owners 91% 6%

Non-Gun owners 63% 28%

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 02-Aug-2009, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 02-Aug-2009, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 20-Jul-2009, 06:53 PM)
No person who has committed a crime that is classified a felony including any violent crime, child abuse, theft robbery, drug use/sales or misdemeanor domestic violence is PROHIBITED from owning any firearm!  

No person who has committed a crime.........is prohibited from?

Patch, didn't you mean to say no person who has committed a crime ..........is PERMITTED to own a firearm in this sentence above? I think that's what you meant to say but want to be sure. If you meant the sentence as written, then I'm skeptical that there's a federal law permitting felons to own firearms though I could be wrong. Stranger things are on the books.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 02-Aug-2009, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Antwn @ 02-Aug-2009, 03:53 PM)

Patch, didn't you mean to say no person who has committed a crime ..........is PERMITTED to own a firearm in this sentence above? I think that's what you meant to say but want to be sure. If you meant the sentence as written, then I'm skeptical that there's a federal law permitting felons to own firearms though I could be wrong. Stranger things are on the books.

I believe (though I don't want to put words in Patch's mouth) he meant to say: Any person who has committed a crime......
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
SCShamrock 
Posted: 04-Aug-2009, 02:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 04-Aug-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 02-Aug-2009, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (Antwn @ 02-Aug-2009, 03:53 PM)

I believe (though I don't want to put words in Patch's mouth) he meant to say: Any person who has committed a crime......

Thank you, you were right.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Aug-2009, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

According to the Boston Globe , the City Council in Lynn, MA have decided to allow police to arrest students who bring baseball bats and other "weapons" to school.

However the ACLU, famous for their inconsistent stance on gun control, opposes this ordinance.

Here are the facts:

* Lynn City Council wants to be "proactive" in making schools safer, authorizing police to arrest students who "bring to school objects that could be used as weapons."

* The new ordinance defines "weapon" as any item that is otherwise legal but COULD be used to "inflict physical harm." This includes, but is not limited to, air guns, pellet guns, BB guns, fireworks, bats, and clubs."

* Authorities will know when a weapon COULD be used to inflict physical harm by deciding, apparently on the spot, if the object has a "legitimate purpose."

* Lynn Police Chief Kevin F. Coppinger justifies this ordinance by saying that previously police had to actually take kids to court. But now police could act immediately. In other words, it was just too difficult to arrest kids before and now they can act on their own authority without the burden of proof.

* The police chief noted, however, that authorities have not seen any increase in kids bringing weapons to school. It's just something they've wanted to do for a while.

This overstepping of authority in an urban area is not surprising. What is surprising is the reaction of the local American Civil Liberties Union.

Carol Rose, Executive Director of the Massachusetts ACLU said "police should focus on students' actions rather than criminalizing objects that may have uses other than as weapons."

Rose further commented, "Virtually any object, such as a shoe, could be used to attack another person. If the ordinance doesn’t clearly delineate specific weapons they [officials] have in mind, it has the potential to be overly broad."

Kudos to the ACLU for recognizing that police should not be able to act as judge and jury. But if they oppose the criminalization of objects and prefer law enforcement to focus on actions, why would they not apply the same logic in other circumstances?

Let me propose an answer. The ACLU opposes this ordinance because it's about police arresting minority kids in an urban area, and the rights of minorities must be protected. But the ACLU doesn't have the same concern about gun owners because most of them aren't minorities and their rights in their eyes just aren't as important.

Again, I applaud the ACLU for opposing this Orwellian city ordinance and being a watchdog for citizens' rights. I just wish they would show the same concern over the Second Amendment as they do for the other nine.

After all, for responsible adults, guns are specifically protected by the Constitution. Baseball bats are not.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 26-Aug-2009, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

This was posted to Craig's List / Personals and sent to me my my cousin. Even if it is a joke, it should make some think before they act.

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last. Date: 2009-05-27,
1:43 A M EST. I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand
over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend threatening our lives. You also
asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across
this rather important message.
First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment, I didn't expect you to actually crap in your
pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was
wearing the jacket for a reason. My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45
ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.
Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... Isn't it!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in
your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare footed since I made you leave without your
shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your
buddies to come help mug us again].
After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire
episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as four other people's
in the gas station on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and
was extremely grateful! I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along
with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!] I then threw your wallet into the big pink
"pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... After I broke the windshield and side window and
keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down
the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what's going on with
that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the
FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.. The FBI guy seemed really
intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.). In a way,
perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... But I feel this type of retribution is a far more
appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through
some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the
opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider the career path you've chosen to pursue in
life.
Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!
Thoughtfully yours,
Alex
P.S. Remember this motto...An armed society makes for a more civil society!
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 01-Sep-2009, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile." - David W. Loeffler

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]