Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Email & web address
scottish2 
Posted: 01-Jan-2002, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

I personally still like the Scottishradio.net one as it associates with the site. Just out of curiousity I tried the celtic versions website and while nothing was associated with .net there is a .com so you may want to consider this when thinking of competition. The other had no site associated with either .com or .org and I highly doubt .org so...

And the interface looks goo. One suggest and I guess it's always me raising this does it have text formating options?  :)  Other then that looks good I see it has attachments and addressbooks and priority which allot don't seem to have such so looks great!  (d)  (d)  (d)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 01-Jan-2002, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

For me I would probably use the Scottishraio.net one then as I want to use that for website feedback which would tie in great. In fact that's one of my next items is to get a mail form set up for the site instead of my E-Mail address keeps it out of SPAMMERs hands.  ;)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 02-Jan-2002, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Yeah allot of the bigger free mail systems get spammed anyways but I find even medium size ones usually stay pretty spam free. Like I have one from out at Findlaw.com and I get maybe one spam every once in a blue moon but nothing like I got when I was on AOL or even my hotmail account. So will be nice to have a mail system I can use just for my websites mail and not have to weed out the junk not that I get much site feedback. Though am looking for 3 new categories to add to my main menu as I am adding a famous Scots category and a highland Dancing category so need 3 more new categories to fill out an entire row so looking for feddback. If you have a suggestion please free to post it here or in my forums general category under suggestions which I have over there and will consider the suggestion for addition. TIA! :)
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 02-Jan-2002, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

It would be nice to do away with my hotmail account.  Question- How large would our file space be?  I don't know if I worded that right.

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
welshman 
Posted: 03-Jan-2002, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Queensferry. Fife. Scotland

welshman
Hello folks I like the idea of all 3 domain names, especially the celtic one, but do see the problems assiciated with it. Will ther be a price to pay for registering all 3.....maybe it would be less expensive to just plump for 1?
Anyway I think it's a great idea.

Iachi Da

--------------------
Pob Hwyl
Mal Evans
http://www.fourteenfalls.com
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 03-Jan-2002, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sounds GREAT! Paul!!! :D
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 01-Jan-2002, 01:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,081 Gold!

We are looking into offering an email service through our website. The email service would be web based like hotmail, only alot nicer! We also will have the ability to offer every other flavor of email accounts, list servers, etc.

Were looking for suggestions of web domains to have for our email addresses. So far this is what we have come up with:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

So, to access our website you could use any of the following addresses:

www.scottishradio.net
www.scotsheart.com
www.celticradio.net

Would really appreciate your feedback and if you have any suggestions for web and domain names.

Here is a snapshot of what our email service will look like:

Thanks again for your feedback. I don't think our site and tools would be as good if it were not for all of the suggestions!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
aklassie 
Posted: 01-Jan-2002, 04:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

(l)
What a wonderful idea.  I know I'd use it.  The one I like is:
                     scotsheart.com
I like the way the service looks.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 01-Jan-2002, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,081 Gold!

Thanks for your questions and feedback.

Well, the software package we are looking at would support multi-domain names. So, you would have the option of having scottishradio.net, scotsheart.com or celticradio.net for an email address.

There are plenty of options too, so formating, text, html is all supported and it is a finish product unlike our forum and chat software which are still being developed.

Appreciate your responses!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
kylassie 
Posted: 02-Jan-2002, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Kentucky

I am all for email accounts that eliminate SPAM! My personal email address does not do this, which is why I have turned to Yahoo! However, I would like to have a different account, since Yahoo! delivers some questionable SPAM and Pop-Up Ads of its own! :O

Slainte,

Janet

--------------------
Slainte,

Janet

aka Kentucky Lassie

aka Janet, Queen of Scots :p
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 02-Jan-2002, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,081 Gold!

Spam Spam Spam...and I am not talking food.

Yes, that is a big issue and our email server will address that. We are going to do everything in our power to keep this email server protected from those spammers. The technology we are looking at has a number of configuration and options which will prevent spam. Not 100% protection, but enough to try and stop the majority of spammers.
scottish2 
  Posted: 02-Jan-2002, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

HA H All I can thik of is Monty Pythons version of SPAM.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM .  :p
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 03-Jan-2002, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

It's worded well enough and that's a good question. Paul?  :)

Inbox and other folders mail space?
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Jan-2002, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,081 Gold!

Thanks for the feedback Welshman! Agree with you on the CelticRadio.net. It will probably go nicely with our website and provide for an expanded audience.

The prices for the domain names are really not that all expensive. So  2 or 3 should be ok.

To answer the question about space, I think during the test phase we plan on offering support of up to 500 email boxes with 10 megabytes per account. I am going to leave this wide open because email server is new territory for me, so we will take it one step at a time. Can't really give you a date it will all be ready, but it is definitely happening this year and you will know in advance when it does happen!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]