Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Televangelists, Who are your favorites?
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 04-Jul-2004, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I seem to be in a minority of one here, but there are several that I DO trust! Joyce Meyer and Creflo Dollar to name just two. I'm sorry that the rest of you feel the way you do, but hey! to each his (or her) own!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 05-Jul-2004, 01:44 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Joyce Meyer is O.K. but Creflo Dollar is all about the money---we watched his show over a three month period and every telecast was about money in some shape or fashion. Why do all roads lead to money with these (most) televangelists/ministries????

Yes we need money to fuel the Gospel but it seems to line their pockets instead. Look at all the money these different ministries bring in---a movie like the Passion of The Christ could have been made years ago. It took a Hollywood actor to do it. Shame on us (The Christiandom Establishment)!!!

Sorry if I stepped on any toes out there---but I have to be honest. I lean toward Rich Mullins' and Brennan Manning's and St. Francis of Asissi's approach or convictions...Go and preach the Gospel...use words if necessary (paraphrased).

Just my threepence worth,
Roisin

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Jul-2004, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Didn't step on my toes! What I think you said, Roisin, is right on. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 16-Jul-2004, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ 05-Jul-2004, 02:44 AM)
Joyce Meyer is O.K. but Creflo Dollar is all about the money---we watched his show over a three month period and every telecast was about money in some shape or fashion. Why do all roads lead to money with these (most) televangelists/ministries????

I guess their feet are made of clay... the love of money (which someone once said is the root of all evil wink.gif ) gets to them too just like it does to the nonbeliever. Anybody can fall victim to that, can't they...

I like the way Billy Graham's organization keeps their funding going mainly towards taking the message of Jesus to people through the crusades & publishing. You don't see a lot of bling bling on Mrs. Graham's hands, or dear Billy driving around Black Mountain in a limo...

biggrin.gif

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 18-Jul-2004, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

The old adage that says one rotten apple makes the whole barrel rotten is not correct...we all have to stand on our own character and be judged by our actions. So there are good televangelist along with the bad.

This post has been edited by Elspeth on 22-Jul-2004, 08:43 AM
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 29-Jul-2004, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Absolutely! There are well-intentioned evangelists on the telly and on tour around the country that are doing their best to spread the gospel. I wish them much success.
PM               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

I guess the idea of televangelizm is the evangelizing (preaching the gospel of Christ) on the television. That said, I don't spend a lot of time watching the evangelical message as I have been a believer in Christ for the last 26 years. I do, however, love a good bible teacher. My favorite in this arena is Adrian Rogers. For a good fire and brimstone preacher who is biblically accurate and is excellent at keeping Jesus elevated to his proper place, I recommend John Hagee.

Others I like are David Jeremiah, Charles Stanley, and of course Billy Graham. These people seem to be driven only to share the word of God, and to bring the saving message of Jesus Christ to those that are lost.

As for the likes of Benny Hinn, all I can say is YECH! They might know the bible, and be able to share the gospel, but that don't mean they're serving God. When they put their face in the camera and close their eyes, saying there's someone out there with a kidney problem, that just makes me sick. I can honestly say that there's someone here with a heart condition. Statistically speaking, there's probably over 100 on this board with heart trouble.

So, send me your money if you have a heart condition. Why not send me all your money if you have a heart at all, cause these things wear out! Just touch your monitor and ask yourself if you can live with not sending what you can. Puhleeeease! wacko.gif

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacOak

Realm: northern Canada - somewhere between the treeline and civilisation

male

I like the more humble preachers such as Billy Graham and James Robison. But I have to agree with many others here, that most of the tv evangelists are rather obnoxious and are fairly out of touch with the real world. We need more Christians like Mother Teresa and the late great Rich Mullins.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]