stormhawk55 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 04:08 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Ozark Mountains - Missouri

male

When the weather gets really bad and people with sense are heading to the basement, I go outside and watch the storm.

Red tailed hawks are common around here and have always been a joy to watch. Wish I could fly like that!

Add a very strong connection to my Blackfoot ancestors to get Stormhawk.

I was born in 1955.

This is a fun topic. Quite interesting.

--------------------
Steve

I am no more than the sum of all those who were before me; dare I be less than they were?
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 01-Aug-2008, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Mine comes from the Heralds of Valdemar Series by Mercedes Lackey.

The highest ranking Herald is called "Monarch's Own".

I liked the "title" and used it on many occasions.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
pflanary 
Posted: 01-Aug-2008, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

This is great! I love words/names and always wonder how they came about. My user name is simply my first initial and last name, which i generally use as a usename. I wish that I had not automatically typed that in when I joined as I would prefer to use the Irish form of my last name--Ni Flannabhra.

--------------------
God then made man. The Italians for their beauty. The French for their cuisine. The Welsh for their voices. The Germans for their cars. And on and on until He looked at what He had created and said, "This is all very well, but no-one is having fun. I'll have to make an Irishman."
PMEmail Poster               
ilpiccolobardo 
Posted: 02-Aug-2008, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Italy-Piedmont-Biella

male

I created my username when I enter the net the first time...a long time ago...maybe 1996 ?...
It's the union of three words :
il means the
piccolo means little (my friends called me so during military service)
bardo means bard (my love for Celtic is alive since I was born...and I liked playing Dungeons'n'Dragons !)

I quite bought the domain ilpiccolobardo.com ! tongue.gif

Slainte___IPB

--------------------
user posted imageMe user posted imagePics user posted imageTravels user posted imageMusic

Is but a dream within a dream- Edgar Allan Poe
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
MrKrink 
Posted: 05-Aug-2008, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Shelby, NC

male

Got it from a friend teasing me about some weapons I have( I collect AK-47s), and it is the name I use on several other forums along with the avatar.

--------------------
Slainte!!
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 08-Aug-2008, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

No great story hear, just wanted something with a scottish air to it...so I sat and thought about it for a while and wah-la I got Lady of the Loch
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
MrKrink 
Posted: 09-Aug-2008, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Shelby, NC

male

QUOTE (mrkrink @ 05-Aug-2008, 03:20 PM)
Got it from a friend teasing me about some weapons I have( I collect AK-47s), and it is the name I use on several other forums along with the avatar.

Oops............ oops.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Skeleman 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: North Carolina

male

I enjoy comic books very much and a few years back when I was in college I had a project that involved creating a website. I combined the two decided to make a site for an imaginary comic book publisher, Stick Figure(SF) Comics. SF's flagship book, Skeleman, followed the adventures of a superhero with the same name. After that Skeleman sounded like a good username. I think I still have the Skeleman #1 cover saved on my computer if anyone is interested in seeing it.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C. S. Lewis

"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide a safe testing environment. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it." - GlaDOS - Portal
PMEmail Poster                
highlandgrl94 
Posted: 26-Aug-2008, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

female

I am a highland dancer and a girl, ya put together what do you get? HIGHLANDGRL!! tongue.gif I know creative!
PMEmail Poster               
Teriodin 
Posted: 27-Aug-2008, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

male

Mine is from the warcry of my home town in Scotland.

Teribus ye Teriodin

We are called "Teris" (pronounced TEE-rees) and we're all proud to be such biggrin.gif

--------------------
Teribus ye Teriodin!

An car a tha san t-seana mhaide duilghe thoirt às...
PMEmail Poster               
Perkeo 
  Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,499,991 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

Ah, story time...gotta love it.

A good friend of mine was in Germany doing an internship and while sightseeing in Heidelberg she ran across a statue of a dwarf named Perkeo. Perkeo was put in charge of a cask of wine about 24 foot around. He was known to drink several bottles of wine a day from the cask until one day drinking a glass of water and almost killing himself. My friend read this and immediately thought of me. Not that I drink a lot (although I can drink more then most of my friends). It's the part about drinking water. No matter how drunk I get, I always tell my friends to NEVER give me water, just send me to bed. I've never had a hangover and I believe it is because I don't drink water before going to bed.

So, that is how I became Perkeo.

Cheers! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Camac
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Perkeo;

Must have been one hellava Dwarf. I seen that wine keg.

Camac.

merle 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Washington State

male

Mine came about 40 years ago back when we wrote things on paper instead of on computers. I sent a letter to one of my clients and signed my name..Mike Weber. A few days later he called back asking for Merle Wiler! Not only did I realize that my handwriting was horrible I also kind of liked the name Merle so that has been my real life and internet nickname ever since.
PMEmail Poster               
olorin 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
172,875 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Wow, I wish I had a great story behind my name like alot of you have. Mine is simply a play on words. 007 is the first three digits in my social security number, and dust from Sevindust, the garden insecticide, or more commonly for me, the band Sevendust, whom I'm sure took the title from the same thing. 007dust works for almost any website and It's rarely rejected because it's unique.
The only story I can come up with of any relevance is more in my name. You see people in forums and groups frequently that use the name Gandalf, (I've already seen one here). Since the movies I'm sure most of you know who this character is, the old wizard from J.R.R. Tolkien's books. My father read these books to my mother while she was pregnant back in '68 and a name was born. George Christopher Gandalf Conner. Back when I was in school everyone thought it was a stupid name and I was quite confused at a young age as to what my middle initial was. Now I'm 40 and everyone thinks it's cool. "Hey, your named after that guy in those movies!"..."Well not exactly, I'm named...never mind, yeah, I'm named after that guy in the movies" *sigh*

--------------------
Slàinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
michty 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

Michty is a word used by a cartoon character called Oor Wullie from Scottish books that my Dad had, it is similar to wow or what the.... He has a gang with friends Fat Bob, Soapy Soutar and Wee Eck. Wullie (William to his Ma) also uses words like braw, scunner, and my favourites jings and crivvens.

I still get the books sent to me, they are published every two years, alternating with a similar book about a family called The Broons (Browns)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]