> Joys And Concerns
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Oh Allen! I am so very sorry to hear this. I was really hoping and praying you would get this job, but as everyone has already said, there is a reason for everything and God always gives us something better than what we had before. Thanks for letting us know and keep us posted on other opportunities that come up.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maryellen 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I have another Joy! Not only did I get a temporary (maybe permanent) job at Citibank, the people we had to sue for our money back are willing to settle. I don't get all of my money back, but I don't have to go to court, get depositions, etc. This is a lot of stress relieved.

Praise God!

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I am so glad things are going your way maryellen, send a bit of your luck my way would ya??? thumbs_up.gif smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

I love your fairy, Mary biggrin.gif And that is great news, maryellen!

I would love prayer, as I am applying at a few schools in this area, to hopefully get my four year degree. I will have my two year degree in May, so only need two more. The school I want to go to is a private college, which means mucho dinero. You also cannot get financial aid really unless you go to school full time, which I can't do unless I can somehow get a grant to help pay living expenses on top of tuition and books. Yikes! Plus, I am filling out financial aid forms for my daughter, in the hopes that she can stay in the private school I have her in now. They keep raising the price! Silly people.....so, prayers for wisdom, finances and where to go to school and what to major in would be much appreciated! Also, while you are praying, I would like to get out of my parents home and into our own place again. Housing is not affordable on my salary here, not even for apartments. So I need more money (who doesn't!) which probably means a better job biggrin.gif Thanks guys!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I am so glad things are going your way, maryellen! I'll definitely be praying for the job to become permanent for you! And I'll add you to my prayer list too, susieq! I truly believe everything is going to work out for you!

We made a maojr decision today concerning my daughter. We've decided to pull her out of the school she is in and transfer her to another local school. She has been having problems with this one group of girls for a very long time, and we believe that this is part of the cause of her bad grades. So we are hoping that, with a fresh start at a new school, maybe her outlook on school and life in general will change for the better. The transfer is official this coming Monday. She actually said today that she couldn't wait to go to school Monday! Her psychiatrist also said that she believed that this is one of the best moves we've ever made! Help us pray that the Lord will use this opportunity to help Tiffany turn her life around for the better!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Mary! I LOVE your fairy! You did good! She is really pretty too! Good job!

Susie, will certainly be praying for you. It is very hard to be in the position you are in. Jobs just do not pay enough for people to afford living expenses. What do they expect? Keep us posted on things as we hold you in our prayers.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Good news for you, Mary Ellen! will be praying for you too.

Allen, that sounds like a great idea and what a positive response from Tiffany in that she is actually looking forward to the change! Hope and pray it all works out!

Can I ask you all to pray for one of my little dogs? My dog, Irish, has to go for surgery on Tuesday to have a growth on her leg/elbow removed. We don't know what it is, but it is pretty ugly and growing. Vet said it needed to be removed and biopsied. I don't know what I will do if it is cancer. I know it is only for a dog, but my dogs are my babies and I just lost one of my dogs last October and certainly don't want to go through this again anytime soon. Thanks!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Hiya Rosie!

I will most definitely be praying for your dog! And for you too!

If anyone out there thinks that this request is silly, I would like to direct your attention to some of my favorite verses in Scripture, Proverbs 12:10, which says: A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel. To me, if you have regard for the lives of your animals, that would include caring about and doing your best for them when they are sick. And how can we do any better for them than asking for the Lord to help?

Matthew 10:29 says: Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. Luke 12:6 says: Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

If our God cares so much for animals that He created, how can we not also care for those animals He has given to us?

So Rosie, don't so "it is only a dog," it is a creature that God has placed in your care! What an honor! You know, that was one of the original jobs God gave us back in Eden, to care for the animals and plants in His garden!

My prayers are with you and Irish! And hang in there! Everything will turn out fine! smile.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Many thanks, Allen! Everything you said, I totally agree with..........just needed to be reminded! You know how a lot of people will say "it's just a dog" but I don't have children and my dogs are my kids, so that is why I asked for the prayer and I thank you very much.
Rindy 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thank you susieq76 on the fairy. I will be praying for you and hoping you get the right path that you need to take on this journey. That is excellent on you getting a degree! I am not sure you ever told me what youre taking? Teaching? Let me know how it goes and your family will be in my prayers.

Hey there Rose, Thank you for the comment on the fairy, Gee wonder where I got her? Thanks. You know I will be praying for Irish, and for you. Please post on Tuesday when you know something. I have always loved animals and it is true they are your family. And it hurts so bad when they hurt. What I wish is that they could tell us when they are not feeling well. Irish is with the best master there is. You hang in there ok.

Hi Wizard, I think Tiffany will do just fine. Life is hard on kids now a days. I just don't understand all the meth and such problems. Keep me posted on Tiffany I will pray for her.
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 15-Jan-2005, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hi ya'll!

CR, I sure hope lovely Irish will be fine. And I LOVED the scriptures about creatures, Wiz!! I've always felt animals are to be cared for & enjoyed, and I take such pleasure in watching the antics of my own three cats. My daughter asked me once if there would be animals in heaven, and I told her that the Bible says there will be a new heaven & a new earth, and what would earth be without creatures? A very quiet, dull place indeed! laugh.gif

Rindy, you are soooo right in saying life is hard on kids these days. I can get so twisted worrying about their safety, their classes in school & the jerks they have to deal with sometimes... but I turn those concerns over daily to the Lord. (I still worry a bit, and feel Him scowling at me sometimes... rolleyes.gif )
My son is 21, and engaged to be married this May to a lovely opera singer-in-training; she's a strong Christian too, and you can imagine how thrilled I am that he's found someone to love that has the same morals, the same basic faith he does. That's been our prayer for YEARS, and its our prayer for our daughter too...
I'd hate to be a young person looking for a sweetheart in this world today, the pickins' are indeed slim...

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Jan-2005, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Congratulations on your Sons wedding! I am so happy for all of you. Being a good christian is wonderful.

I also pray everyday for all of my family and friends. Let us know how the wedding goes...

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 15-Jan-2005, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 15-Jan-2005, 01:41 PM)
And I LOVED the scriptures about creatures, Wiz!! I've always felt animals are to be cared for & enjoyed, and I take such pleasure in watching the antics of my own three cats. My daughter asked me once if there would be animals in heaven, and I told her that the Bible says there will be a new heaven & a new earth, and what would earth be without creatures? A very quiet, dull place indeed! laugh.gif

I'm glad you liked the Scriptures I gave! And you are correct! There will indeed be animals in the new earth!

Isaiah 11:6-8 says: The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the suckling child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

Isaiah 65:25 says: The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord
susieq76 
Posted: 18-Jan-2005, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Heaven just wouldn't be heaven without my dogs (and everyone else's dogs and cats and birds and other pets biggrin.gif )!! So, I agree completely.

Rose, let us know as soon as you find out! I am praying for you today. I got some great verses this weekend that I REALLY needed, and will share with all of you:

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you." ~1 Peter 5:7, NLT

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." ~Philippians 4:6, NLT

"I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer." ~Psalm 120:1, NLT

Siobhan, that is wonderful news regarding your son and his fiancee! It certainly is hard to find someone these days! I have pretty much given up and left it all to God. And an opera singer, too. What a wonderful gift to have smile.gif

Mary, I will be praying for strength, wisdom, courage and hope for your son during this time. You are also in my prayers.

And the above prayer is for your daughter Tiffany as well, Allen. I would also add to that prayers that the Lord would show Tiffany her worth in His eyes, and her worth in yours, as well, so she can see your love for her. That He would give her grace, understanding, peace and laughter during this crucial time in her life. And that He would protect her from the cruelty that seems to be so entrenched in the teen years.
PMMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Jan-2005, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank you so much everyone for all your prayers, PMs and kind words and thoughts. It has been so much appreciated!

Well I just heard from the vet as Irish had her surgery this morning and all went really well. She is awake now, but very drowsy and I get to pick her up in a couple of hours.............can't wait. The vet was very positive and 100% sure that the growth on her leg is a benign epidermal/follicular cyst. He said that once he got in there and removed it it looked just like other benign cysts he has removed off of the back of dogs...........said being on the leg/elbow was kind of an odd place for that kind of cyst. He said if it was his dog, he wouldn't even bother with a biopsy because he was that sure it was just a benign epidermal/follicular cyst that is very common on dogs. Boy! Am I ever happy as this thing was really ugly! I was sure it was a melanoma or something!

Thank you all for everything and most of all thank God Almighty!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]