Elspeth 
Posted: 01-Oct-2003, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

I can't imagine Heaven without animals either, or hills, or trees, or rivers, etc. etc.... That's why I like the concept of a new Heaven and Earth where what is here is made perfect.
But, bottom line..... I'm just hoping to get in!

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
maryellen 
Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

Here's my idea: I don't think Heaven has earthly things at all (hills, trees, etc). I think in infinite wisdom and with an incomprehensible God that it will be something much better that we cannot possibly understand right now. It is much much better than Earth and we leave all of that baggage (like sin) behind. Just a thought. msncoffecup.gif

Mary Ellen

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Among my people there are several view on death. Personally I do believe we come back as spirit guides or reincarnated, that you are given a choice. I have had too many experiences meeting other people, I deal with the public alot, when I look into their eyes, I known them from someplace even thought I have never met them in this lifetime.

I also had a near death experience not long ago. My Doctors gave me 2 years to live max., which was now 3 1/2 years ago. Even though recovery is slow, but I'M STILL KICKING and getting stronger. The only thing that I would miss on passing are the many friends that I have aquired over the years, but I feel I will come back and renew old friendships.

I, like Roisin-Teagan, do not belive in one religion. I believe Creator gives each person their own concept of him/her so that they could understand more.

May you walk in balance with Creator.
Richard Bercot

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Elspeth 
Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

I believe in Heaven. I want to believe in Heaven. I'm tired. I don't want to come back. I don't want to have to worry anymore.

But that doesn't mean I don't think it could be different for others. Perhaps some are reincarnated. I like the idea of there being Spirit Guides among us. I can use all of the help I can get.
Swanny 
Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Personally, I do not hold any specific belief regarding what many refer to as the "after-life". To me it falls under a vast category of mystery, and I think it no accident that "mystic" and "mystery" share the same root.

Traditional Lakota people refer to the primary diety as "Wakan Tanka", which literally translates into "Great Mystery" and even the most wise, experienced and devout medicine man describes such unanswerable questions as "Tanka" or "Mystery", meaning that the answer is unkown and unknowable to living human beings.

This evening as I smoked my chanupa I meditated on this topic. The mental voice that I associate with Grandfather Wallace Black Elk answered the question like this. "It does no good to worry about the next life while we are still living in this one".

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
  Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Thank You Elspeth,
I appreciate your contribution! Christian's have always been put down since the beginning of time! Proud to say I am one...
As they said in the "MUMMY!" Death is only a beginning!
Can't wait to get there and slap Eve for childbirth pains I got when I had my children...
In all things Scottish,
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

Would anyone be willing to introduce beliefs of other cultures?

I am looking some up.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Oct 3 2003, 01:09 AM)

Can't wait to get there and slap Eve for childbirth pains I got when I had my children...
In all things Scottish,
Annabelle

biggrin.gif
That is exactly what I thought first time in labor. Glad I'm not alone. I mean, I didn't eat the apple, why did I have to pay for it! There's some meaning there completely missed by me. cool.gif

And Swanny you are so right... contemplations such as these are just that. We get no answers now. It is just sometimes easier to face the life we must live now if we have the promise of a better afterlife before us.
maryellen 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I'd like to correct the myth on "the apple" and Eve. There is no apple in that story -- someone just picked it. It actually says "Fruit" in the text which is a very similar word in Hebrew to "Evil".

Raven- yes, I liked it when other different cultures and faiths were sharing their thoughts. But, I don't see any more. I could post other myths I know of - but I don't believe in it, just Christianity.
If anyone doubts the new testament or any of it, read "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel which proves historically what happened.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

I am a Non-Christian. But my beliefs do not vary greatly of that of Christianity. My belief is in Coshallequa, which is one of the Algonquin Religions. I do not like discussing my Religion this way. It is more of a personal matter. I can tell you we have one Major Rule, "Do No Harm", and that is to all thing. Anyhow it is difficult for me to express everyone's opinion in the area, just what I personally feel. As not to repeat myself, I have already posted here yesterday.

I am not one of those people who feel whatever happens, happens. I am here to do good so that is what my plans are. Here and the afterlife.

May you walk in balance with Creator,
Richard
PMEmail Poster                
barddas 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

QUOTE (maryellen @ Oct 3 2003, 03:58 PM)
I'd like to correct the myth on "the apple" and Eve. There is no apple in that story -- someone just picked it. It actually says "Fruit" in the text which is a very similar word in Hebrew to "Evil".

Raven- yes, I liked it when other different cultures and faiths were sharing their thoughts. But, I don't see any more. I could post other myths I know of - but I don't believe in it, just Christianity.
If anyone doubts the new testament or any of it, read "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel which proves historically what happened.

***** This is not to pick a fight*****

But, how can ANYONE write a book that "proves what historically happened" some 2000 yrs ago? At best, it is speculation. And this is with ANY topic. Yes, I am what you would call pagan. Yes, I believe that Christ *did* exisist. But, saying that a 2000 yr. old history is acurate is highly unlikely. Just as the Book- Life and death of a druid prince. It is a highly likely speculation. But, will never be able to be 100% varified. And I agree that one must have faith. And I repect that, and that is what makes all religion special. Is the belief.

But, unforunately after many, many translations, re writings and what not.... human error does take effect. I am *NOT* saying that it did not happen. But to claim to be able to prove historically what happend difinitivley is really almost impossible. Just due to the lack of historical record. Whether it be lost to time, translation or what ever.... It is easier to acurately tell the climate from the time period, then the life of individuals.

And again, I am saying this of ALL beliefs. I have read books of my religious persuation, and they claim to be historicaly acurate. That is impossible...They had no written records.... all that is left is the folk lore passed down from generation to generation.... It is sort of odd to say that you don't believe in "them" ( Myths) Adam and Eve are to be the first humans ever created, but what about Lillith? Adams first wife. There is mention of her in the Koron(sp) a much old text than the New Testament.
I guess what I am trying to get at is, Every religion is and always will be shrouded in mystery. One should believe what they feel, not what someone claims to be historically acurate..... Some myths in all faiths have merit. they survived the ages for a reason. People had faith in them....

ie- a religion

I hope I didn't offend anyone.

unsure.gif Just my 2 cents on religion as a whole. Not one specific. I did not participate in the quarrels earlier. This is just good debate......No malice intended. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Apple, peaches or pumpkin pie, I still could never figure out why I had to pay for Eve's sins. One of those mysteries.

And Raven Wing, if you or anyone else could explain Hinduism and the Wheel to me I'd appreciate it. (I hope it was Hindu, been a while and children suck all of the short term memory right out of your skull.) Anyway, we tried to study it once and I know we never got close to really understanding the meaning.....

All I know is that it seems inherent in the human condition to long for three things when contemplating death.

1. That life goes on in some form
2. The what we move on to is better than where we are at
3. That death does not permanently sever our ties with our loved ones.

barddas 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Oct 3 2003, 06:14 PM)
Apple, peaches or pumpkin pie, I still could never figure out why I had to pay for Eve's sins. One of those mysteries.

And Raven Wing, if you or anyone else could explain Hinduism and the Wheel to me I'd appreciate it. (I hope it was Hindu, been a while and children suck all of the short term memory right out of your skull.) Anyway, we tried to study it once and I know we never got close to really understanding the meaning.....

All I know is that it seems inherent in the human condition to long for three things when contemplating death.

1. That life goes on in some form
2. The what we move on to is better than where we are at
3. That death does not permanently sever our ties with our loved ones.

I will see what i can dig up. I had a few books. But they have since disappeared into the nether world. LOL! I know a little, but not enough to go blindly discussing it. smile.gif

Elspeth, I agree with what you said. The three inherant conditions we have about death...

I will pose a question to all of we broad minded thinkers here.

After life, when we die, do you think we continue on in another incarnation, until a certain amount of "Challenges" or "lessons" have been learned? Or, do we instantly go to heavan, the great hunting field, Summerland, Valhalla, Avalon.. Whatever form you chose
PMEmail Poster                
3Ravens 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

I don't know about anyone else, but I plan on coming back...I have a LOT more to do here!

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Barddas, you've asked what we all believe will happen to us after death. I've always believed in Heaven, and spending an Eternity with those we love, "Happily Ever After...". However, recently I've begun to wonder if that might not wear quite thin and become exceedingly boring. I don't have an answer for that one yet.

That said, I can relate a couple of unusual experiences which may help provoke more thought on this subject. The first occurred about 15-16 years ago. I went into work one day, and was approached by a co-worker whom I didn't know very well. She was annoyed with me, and I didn't know why. When she finally decided to talk to me about it, she said that she'd seen me driving past her the day before and that I'd been extremely rude to my passenger. When I told her I'd been alone, she just got angrier and began describing the woman who'd been with me. It seems she'd been talking to me, apparently very intently, and I'd completely ignored her. It had left my co-worker feeling very uneasy and upset that I could behave that way. The description she gave me of my passenger PERFECTLY matched my Great-Grandmother, who passed away when I was a child! Furthermore, I had been completely alone in the car, so it couldn't have been a trick of the light, or anything else.

The second instance/occurrance happened to my Aunt about 6 months after my Uncle suddenly died. She was still grieving for him. She told my Mother that one night she woke up from a sound sleep to see my Uncle standing next to her bed, smiling at her. He told her that she shouldn't worry about him, that he loved her, that he was quite all right, and that she should be happy and not be afraid. My initial reaction to this was that she'd dreamt the whole thing, but she said the experience was very real, that she knew she really was awake. The point seems to be that it doesn't matter. That experience changed her whole outlook, and left her feeling very much relieved. Maybe it is easier for those who love us to reach us through our dreams, I don't know.

I've had a couple of similar things happen that involved pets (don't laugh!). Both of those experiences were shared by other people who were equally as shaken as I was.

Maybe we are given an opportunity to visit those we love, and try to help them in their lives. It would certainly give us a much more constructive and rewarding Eternity to look forward to! I don't think I'd ever want to truly be seperated from my loved ones!

Just some things to think over. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]