queenchickawanna 
Posted: 08-Apr-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Priest River, Idaho

female

My mom wrote this short story in response to a western painting contest of a man, child and dog standing on the edge of a field as the sun goes down. It competed against 284 people and won. It definitely depicts our whole families feeling about this land and legacy that my great grandfather left us. we are truly blessed.

"I Daryl Murray have been a cattle rancher on our family ranch in North Idaho for 27 years. My grandparents established this ranch in 1944. I am carrying on my grandparents legacy. This wonderful work of art reminds me of my grandfather. Reminds me of the my childhood after a long days hard work. Standing there on the edge of the field with my grandfather some 40+ years ago. Taking in the beauty and wonderment of this great land god has provided for us.Working that land to provide a wonderful health wholesome life for our family. Standing with great pride in a job well done. Little did I know then, that he was planting the seed of our family ranch's legacy into my soul. I have stood on the edge of those same fields and past those family seeds on down to my daughters, who are now college students. Working on their education to come back here, stand on the edge of those same fields and pass those seeds on to their children. So that great man, my grandfather, went to be with his maker in the fields of eternity 22 years ago. There isnt a day go by that I still dont think of him, as I do my best to carry on his Legacy with pride and joy in a job well done. Still believe in the Cowboy way and the Cowboy Code. Still believe in taking a man at his word and a hand shake. Still believe in the strength of family and the lord. I dont know what the title of this painting is. But to me it is "Pride and Legacy". Thank you for the memory today."

My mom rocks this makes me cry every time I read it. hug.gif thumbup.gif
PMEmail Poster               
dalern63 
Posted: 02-Sep-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

male

like it
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]