Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 30-Aug-2007, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

My car got wrecked but we are still trying to get down there. Still have one good car left and I can be a determined little bugger.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 31-Aug-2007, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

what a bummer Robert! Hope you can still make it. Have a safe drive down!

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

female

whew...just got in from the games. What a fantastic day. Attending the games is gonna be just as much a tradition as going to IrishFest I think.

I got to meet MacEwan, and hear his band Atlantic Wave play. Very good show btw. Will be checking their website for more dates in the future.

Also caught the shows for Rising Gael, and Steel Bonnets. Both very good local groups, ducked out though before Mother Grove's last show cuz the skeeters were eating us alive.

Browsed a lot of excellent vendors, but heard our favorite leather artist wasn't there this year due to some health problems. Bought a couple little trinkets and some really awesome peppermint/lavender tea.

And watched the piping awards presentation and the massed pipe bands. Very cool indeed! Must have been 10 or 12 different bands all on the field. Holy Bagpipes Batman!

great fun...so much to see...not enough time to see it all unfortunatly. Just gonna have to go back next year! Now though is time for a little rest.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyJeanetta 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Vernon Hills, IL, USA

female

Glad you enjoyed the Games, Senara biggrin.gif I attended Saturday as well and had a fabulous time.

I took my turn at the longbow and battle-ax-throwing booths, where I somehow managed not to skewer or dismember anyone **chuckle** then curled up in the Pub tent (with a bag of the best kettle corn I've had in my life) for some Celtic music. Atlantic Wave was probably the highlight for me, but Mother Grove and 3 Pints Gone had great shows as well.

My favorite part of the day, though, was the massed bands -- all the pipe band competitors on one field, all playing at one. Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

For anyone who missed it, I got a little video footage of the entry of the bands onto the field, if you're interested.

walkman.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQEQUX78

I'm already looking forward to next year!

--------------------
~~Jenny~~

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea is asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace; we've got work to do!"--Doctor Who, "Survival"
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 03-Sep-2007, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Sadly, I much as we thought we could do it we couldn't get down to the games. With the daughter working and the mes with the car there was ust too much going on. We are hoping to get to MN Ren faire on the 15th if anybody is going.

Senara was that favorite leather artist from LOCH design. I saw him earlier this year at Olde World. He said it was the only event he was physiclally able to do this year since he helped organize it. I do hope he gets better.
As for us we will hopefully try again next year.
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 04-Sep-2007, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

female

Robert, Robert, Robert.....

Just gonna have to try harder for next year! Better start an emergency fund now just to cover the inevitable! Will just have to wait until next year to buy you that beer! Yes, was looking for LOCH Designs at the games. They have some really quality stuff. Good thing I have a card with the web address so I can order some christmas gifts for this year.

Lady Janetta- glad you had a great time! Seems we were in the same places for most of the day. Would be good to meet ya for a drink or some kettle corn (man that stuff is addictive) next year!
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 06-Sep-2007, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

female

And the fun continues....

Got a call last night from the St. Andrews Society. Seems I won something in the raffle. A DIRK!!!!

ShadowDF and I split a book of tickets...what luck!

*does a little dance*
just waiting for it to arrive in the mail now. Will try to post some pictures at some point!
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 13-Jul-2008, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The website is up for this year. A few new things including a British motorcycle show.
PMEmail Poster               
MacEwan 
Posted: 23-Jul-2008, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

The MacEwan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #73
176,066 Gold!

Seven Nations will be appearing Sunday night Sept. 7th. (Don't know what time yet.)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]