Posted: 28-Nov-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Milesia

male

Suddenly, Amergin looked up with a twinkle in his eye. "Say Perkeo," he winked, "you're a lover of the hurley. But fascination for that sport doesn't always bring the best to those who practice it. Have you ever heard the story of how the Irish hero Cuchulain got his name?"

--------------------
I am a stag: of seven tines,
I am a flood: across a plain,
I am a wind: on a deep lake,
I am a tear: the Sun lets fall,
I am a hawk: above the cliff,
I am a thorn: beneath the nail,
I am a wonder: among flowers,
I am a wizard: who but I
Sets the cool head aflame with smoke?

I am a spear: that roars for blood,
I am a salmon: in a pool,
I am a lure: from paradise,
I am a hill: where poets walk,
I am a boar: ruthless and red,
I am a breaker: threatening doom,
I am a tide: that drags to death,
I am an infant: who but I
Peeps from the unhewn dolmen, arch?

I am the womb: of every holt,
I am the blaze: on every hill,
I am the queen: of every hive,
I am the shield: for every head,
I am the tomb: of every hope.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Copperwood87 
Posted: 03-Feb-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Jackson County, Mississippi, USA

female

*creeeek* the old wooden door sounded. startled the old barkeep sprang from his place by the fire. it had been months of cold rain keeping his favorite travelers from venturing to his bar. eyeing the door as it swung to reveal a figure cloked in dark green.
"Are you open" the figure inquired in a strong yet melodic voice.
"certainly, i welcome all the weiry travelers"
"I thank you sir" the figure replied stepping through the door into the fire light, and shuting it gently. not as short as a dwarf but still quite small, the barkeep watch as the figure removed the cloke and hung it on a peg in the wall
"what shall it be my lady"
"tea with a bit of rum" she said cooly moving to the bar, sword swinging gently from her hip, "might there be a bit to eat as well?"
"yes there is my lady"
"please, call me Eirani, for that is my name, Eirani Copperwood."
PMEmail Poster               
Copperwood87 
Posted: 04-Feb-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

female

noticing that the barkeep had not taken his eyes off her since handing her a bowl of steaming potato soup she remarked to him. "you look at me so intently, sir. Tell me what do you see?"
"forgive me for staring my lady, I mean Eirani. Your features confound me, prey who are your people?" He replied.
with a chuckle and a glint in her eye she said, "I belong to no one, sir. My father was half dwarf with rumors of wizard in his bloodline, My mother half elf with rumors of wolf, but of coarse what credence can you place in rumors. I am who i am in spite of myself, well trained in the arts of war... and peace." returning to her bowl she asked, "are you sorry you asked?"
at this the barkeep made no reply he simply smiled shaking his head and made another cup of tea for his guest.
PMEmail Poster               
Amergin 
Posted: 04-Feb-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

The old bard eyed the newcomer without overtly staring. She was certainly distinctive. Not too tall in stature, ears somewhat reminiscent of an elf, something canine about the mouth. Yes, distinctive indeed. He nursed his drink and waited for what would come next.
chymu 
Posted: 05-Feb-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Santa Rosa, California

female

Hearing Gaelic, Chymu pokes her head in the door . . . "Alas, alack . . . no time to stop in today", and carries on down the road . . .
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
Copperwood87 
Posted: 06-Feb-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

female

hummm mm mmm staring blankly into here empty bowl, Eirani catches herself humming an old tune from her younger days, in the meadows beneath the Mount of Solace.
PMEmail Poster               
Copperwood87 
Posted: 07-Feb-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

female

"is it usually this quiet here, sir?" Eirani said shaking herself from her trance, then she glanced about the room for the first time since receiving her tea. "Long days has it been since i heard the harp and the strings," she said, catching the eyes of the old bard and bowing her head to him, "or the voices of the wise. Would it be possible for a stranger to entreat a song from you dear bard?"
PMEmail Poster               
Amergin 
Posted: 18-Feb-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Greetings Eirani Copperwood, and good tidings. When first I came to this place, I found lively company, music, and refreshment for the spirit, but of late, it has indeed been quiet. I can only hope to restore a bit of former days in responding to so gracious an invitation. For to ask a bard to play is like asking him to breathe. Of a certain, we cannot help it. Perhaps this will do?

leenie 
Posted: 20-Feb-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,364 Gold!

Walking along the street I hear lovely music coming from the building just up the street. I look in through the door and find a warmly inviting room with people engrossed in listening to the music. I decided to go in and indulge in something to warm my blood after walking so far in the cold damp air.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Copperwood87 
Posted: 21-Feb-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

female

A smile gleamed in Eirani's eyes as she listened to the bard's harp. Too soon she though the song was over but the smile did not fade. "Amergin, I thank you most humbly." she chirped, "A more beautiful tune i have not heard since i left The Isle of Training oh so many years ago."

PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 22-Feb-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Aye, I cannot believe it.....is that my dear friend Lord Amergin striking his harp????
Ohhh I must stop in to say Hoy!!! and catch up a spell. I wonder if our fine host has my favorite spirit on hand...***Lady Leelee opens the creaky welcoming door*** ahhh yes, it's good to be home ............
PM               
Amergin 
Posted: 26-Feb-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

The old bard smiles as he finishes his tune. How pleasant to have some company at last. The long sleep of the winter snows is finally ending and the melting gales of spring may have finally begun. A long time yet until we can sleep in the sunshine, he thinks, but the warm glow of conviviality combines well with a good drink ("Thanks Hamm, yes, I will have another.") and the sharing of music and story; the simple pleasures of a bard's life.

"Lady Leelee, I most heartily welcome you back. It has been too long since we shared those good times here. May I introduce my new friend Eirani Copperwood? An appreciator of good music, from all indications. And here! Someone new coming in to share with us."
Copperwood87 
Posted: 27-Feb-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

female

"How do you do, Lady Leelee," Eirani said with a graceful bow of her head, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 11-Aug-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

a well known stranger saunters into the pub after many an adventure.she smells of horse, leather, oiled metal and the dusty road...stowing her leather riding gloves into her satchel and wiping the grime off her face, she looks around the well loved pub. the rich smell of food and the yeasty beer smell has her stomach grumble in appreciation
"it has been too long" she says quietly to herself
...she gives the new bartender a wink and heads over to a quiet table next to the fire place.....and waits, "will they come??"
digging through the satchel she digs out her batter penny whistle " barkeep, whiskey and keep it comin'"

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Amergin 
Posted: 12-Aug-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

"Well known indeed," thought the old bard as he sipped his drink, "but stranger? Not here. Not here indeed!"

"Greetings Sisterknight!" he smiled in her direction, "May I be allowed to buy your first round after so long a time? It has indeed been a while since much of anyone stopped in, and music is even scarcer these days. You well remember when the fiddles played, the bodhrán beat, and the wombat danced, but long has it been since we have seen those wonders. Welcome indeed!"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]