Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mexico Swine Flu, New Strain!, Spurs global epidemic fear.
Camac
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

Just got back from the hospital and Paula is doing better. Her blood work came back and ruled out any type of Flu. She had her catscan and her whole upper intestinal tract is inflamed and she is still passing some blood. On Monday she is scheduled for a colonoscopy to help rule out Chron Disease, Colitis, Polups, and any type of parasite. The doctor questioned me about the female side of my family and the fact that 4 out of six died of colon cancer. Her mom, my ex, and I are still worried but at least now in my case my imagination isn't running beserk and I have some info to go on.Paula is very weak and tired and she is on a strict clear liquid diet and still getting morphine for the cramps but she is a fighter like all the women in my family and she will beat what ever is causing this. I will keep you posted as to her progress and I really appreciated your concern and thoughtfulness.

flora; Thank you also. Both you and Patch are good people.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I am glad to hear the news. There are many possible causes but in an emergency it is hum,an tendency to imagine the worst. As I stated earlier, today is the best time to be ill. Today nearly every thing can be managed or cured and there are new cures just a bit down the road. I pray that you will get answers soon so your daughter quickly recovers and this stress is removed from your shoulders.

Slàinte,   

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;
We should have some better answers come Monday when the gastroenterologist has had time to read the results of the test. In the meantime I have chilled out considerably. The visit to the hospital is greatly responsible for that. Hell I even bought her a teddy bear ( more like a Bear in the Blue house Teddy Bear) and she is 39 years old. She got a kick out of it. 27 years ago when she was in Sick Kids when she lost her left index finger in an accident I bought her a stuffed raccoon which she promptly name Weinberger after her Doctor. I told her I looked for a Weinberger but couldn't find one so she had to settle for the Teddy Bear.

Camac.

PS. I know I'm a sentimental Old Fart.

Patch 
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

You have a great attitude!!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

I talked to Paula to-day and she has completed all her test and they are just awaiting the biopsy result. She said that the Doc is 99% sure that it is Ulcerative Colitis. Bad enough but not as bad as it could have been. He also said that he understood how the G.P though she had the flu as her symptoms would be very flu like. I have to tell you my Paula is one hell of a woman because through all this she has been concerned about her Dad. Hell man I did good helping to make her. She has insisited that I go on my long weekend holiday to Quebec from day one so I will be leaving Friday at noon for La Belle Provence. All through this I kept thinking that this isn't right I should be the one who gets sick. I,m the Old Fart on the slippery road to perdition so there isn't much that the Fates caqn do to me. Thanks to you and all who cared enough to show concern and give this "Auld Bugger" your support.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Thanks for the update. As you said, it could be much worse. This is treatable. and she will get back to a full and productive life! You take care of yourself too. You are both very fortunate to have each other! Enjoy your trip!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Thanks Patch

Camac

Rindy 
Posted: 20-Aug-2009, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

The state had it's first death of the Swine Flu. She lives in the same county that I do.
She was a woman 21 years old, but had underlying health complications. We were one of the last states to get the swine flu. I think it said we had 158 cases and only 7 had to be put in the hospital.

School begins this coming Monday it will be interesting to see what happens.

I am going to wash my hands often but I'm not going to go into a panic over this.

What's happening in your state?

Slainte and Keep Healthy thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I bought small hand sanitizer sprays, carry a small bottle of Hiblicins surgical soap and wash my hands at every opportunity.

The normal flu kills many who have compromised health each year and for now the swine flu seems to be weaker. It just appeared outside the normal flu season.

I check occasionally to insure that my pharmacy has Tamiflu in stock. I just read that Guillian Barre Syndrome has been linked with the swine flu vaccine in Europe. That would certainly be something to research further.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 10-Aug-2009, 03:52 PM)
Patch;

I talked to Paula to-day and she has completed all her test and they are just awaiting the biopsy result. She said that the Doc is 99% sure that it is Ulcerative Colitis. Bad enough but not as bad as it could have been. He also said that he understood how the G.P though she had the flu as her symptoms would be very flu like. I have to tell you my Paula is one hell of a woman because through all this she has been concerned about her Dad. Hell man I did good helping to make her. She has insisited that I go on my long weekend holiday to Quebec from day one so I will be leaving Friday at noon for La Belle Provence. All through this I kept thinking that this isn't right I should be the one who gets sick. I,m the Old Fart on the slippery road to perdition so there isn't much that the Fates caqn do to me. Thanks to you and all who cared enough to show concern and give this "Auld Bugger" your support.

Camac.

How is your daughter progressing? I had not heard anything for a while.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

Sorry my friend for not getting back sooner. Paula is at home on anti-biotics and heavy doses of steroids. She has some type of bacterial infection that has the docs stumped and they are hoping this is the cause of the colitis. The steroids are to heal the ulcerations and she knows she has to take them but isn't that happy about it. Our Docs are more conservative than American Docs they would rather treat with medication than operate. She will be back to work on Monday on half days but if that proves to be to much its back home and take it easy. I have told her to be patient that it will take some time for her to get back to anywhere near normal but I'm afraid my Daughter is like her Dad never takes advice that is good for you and push it to the limit. She is still not out of the woods and I and her mother are still a bit worried but hey thats what parents do right. Thanks for asking my friend.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I had all but stopped posting due to the contest as I did not want to discourage others but I had told Paul to leave me out of this one when it first started. Thus I was not disinterested in your daughters illness.

I believe like your Doctors, the conservative approach is the best. When you cut something out, you have made changes that can not be put back to "normal" again.

My wife took steroids for quite some time as that was all that was available for her illness back then. She hated them too. She retained fluid and grew hair on her face, both of which she hated. It went away when she stopped and improved also as the dose was lowered prior to stopping.

I have not forgotten her in my thoughts and prayers.

Your and her mother's concern must certainly give her a warm feeling in her heart!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

Your thoughts and prayer are appreciated. Maybe more so by this heathen. I was asking Paula if she and Graham ( my son in law ) were OK for money and that I had a little put away that she could have, Well she started to cry and said Thanks Dad but we are fine I am on full pay and Graham's job is safe and well paying. Didn't mean to upset her just offered to help if I could. Damn I Love that Girl. I got to say it again her Mom and I did good bringing her into this world. Don't know who we did the better job on Paula or Shannon. I would hate to have to choose for I couldn't. Thank you again my FRIEND.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

You should be proud of your children. I do believe that our children are all we leave to this old world.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

It is through our children that we gain immortality.

Proud doesn't half describe how I feel about them. They are the only cause I would die for or if need be kill for. They are the best part of a life well spent.

Camac

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]