> Finn McCool In Boston, New TV Drama
markmacnicol 
Posted: 10-Dec-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

Hello my name is Mark MacNicol. I am a Writer. I live in Glasgow, Scotland. I am currently writing a new TV drama 'Finn McCool' in which I bring the legendary Celtic figure into modern day Boston (A bit like what they did with Highlander).

I've done a fair amount of research into him, stories, way of life etc. I'm always on the lookout for new stories and nuggets of detail, new books and reference sources etc. So if any of you fellow Celts want to get in touch please email me. Anything at all you have for me, even if just to say Hi. I'll be coming to visit Boston in a few months so hopefully you can point me in the direction of a good pub.

Here is my email - [email protected]

Here is my website - www.markmacnicol.com

Slainte,
Mark
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Dec-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
246,383 Gold!

Mark,

This sounds like a fantastic idea! There are so many great locations in Boston that you can write and get inspired from.

You might take a trip up to North Conway and explorer some of the Mountain Passes and also travel some of the ferries to the Boston Harbor Islands.

You must stop at Georgia's Island where Fort Warren is and spending atleast a half day walking around, go into the middle of the fort - nice grassy green. This supposedly is a very haunted place at night and on the list of most haunted places. Confederate soliders where held here during the Civil War.

The Fort itself was designed by Sylvannus Thayer. Do a little google look up on him, quite an interesting fellow himself.

Another less known legend is that of the Westford Knight. Legend has it that the templar knights landed on the shores of Massachusetts and traveled and explorered inland. Who knows, perhaps they buried their huge treasure of gold there!

There is an a rock known as Sinclair Rock that supposedly contains an inscription by the templar knights. It is not acknowledged by historians because it can not be verified.

Here is a wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westford_Knight

Good luck and be sure to let us know when that book is done. Would love to have a read!

thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]