CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there ladies!

Ceciliastar! congrats on your wedding! I too wish you much happiness in your future together. I just celebrated my 21st wedding anniversary yesterday. time flies when your having fun! wink.gif Keep us posted on how things are going.

Hey there Maggie! How's things going for you? I am still working on the history lessons. I am shocked by how much American history I have forgotten! It's been fun and we are working on my outfit for my first event in November. Been a lot of work and research.............and money too that I don't really have to spend! Didn't realize this hobby would be so expensive! And yes, we will be in the triple digits this weekend! But it is supposed to start cooling off greatly after that! smile.gif

SB, I don't know if you remember when Fred was a realtor in NC or not. But he was told the same thing that the owners should not be in the house at all...to go outside and give the potential buyers room to look around and discuss. Also, like Maggie said, have something baking in the oven. It takes whatever odor in your house.........sorry we all have one................out. Or have candles burning before they come. That helps just as well. But food is always better! wink.gif Only three weeks and you'll be here, my friend! Gosh! Can you believe it has been 7 years since we have seen one another?! We'll have to get reaquainted once again! laugh.gif You know I got to thinking. If your house should sell while your here, would your dad be able to take care of things for you? Where's the new house you made an offer on?

Monarch! OUCH! I hear those kidney stones are horrible and very painful! You poor thing. How is hubby doing? I think about you all the time, believe it or not. Take care of yourself.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 08-Oct-2005, 05:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

CelticRose, Congratulations on your anniversary. cheers.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 08-Oct-2005, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Congratulations Rose on your 21st wedding anniversary.

Now I know why I haven't seen you alot on the board here! wink.gif
Last week-end hubby and I was went thru Asheville off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I always think of you when we go thru that territory. The leaves are starting to turn a little. It's been so dry in the Smoky Mts. that the fall foligage isn't going to be so spectacular or so they say.

Hello to all the rest of you ladies. I hope you gals have a good weekend. It's raining here, which we needed really bad. I'll probably just hang around the house, I do have to go to Wally World and do some shopping today.

Have Fun!
maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-Oct-2005, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 08-Oct-2005, 12:39 AM)
Only three weeks and you'll be here, my friend! Gosh! Can you believe it has been 7 years since we have seen one another?! We'll have to get reaquainted once again! laugh.gif You know I got to thinking. If your house should sell while your here, would your dad be able to take care of things for you? Where's the new house you made an offer on?

I can't wait to visit with you and Fred - it is hard to believe its been 7 years since we saw each other, but I sure am glad for the Internet so we can still yack at each other whenever the mood hits. yes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif We've been able to talk so much, its like we still live 15 mins. away.

I doubt if our house will sell while I'm in AZ but if it did, Reid and dad could handle everything just fine. Actually it would be nice if I landed at Hartsfield and they met me there waving a signed contract, wouldn't it??
We made an offer on a house in Temple, but another offer was accepted over ours. It's okay, I don't think I want to live next door to the Neanderthal that was there anyway.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Oct-2005, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there! I may not always post, but I am here on the board and always excited what all is going on with y'all.

The week after next I will be on vacation and I am very excited about that. Our temps are cooling down and that is nice too.

I hope to get my digital camera back from the repair shop in time. EEP! Hope all is well with everyone. Talk to you soon.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Wow - I've just had the most fabulous time at the Stone Mountain Highland Games!!! There is just something deeply moving about hearing the sound of 20 pipers across a meadow, so much better than just listening to a cd... Wow.
Also got to hear a fabulous fiddler Mr. Alasdair Fraser, meet up with an old friend (Keith) and a brand new one (CelticRadio's own Gwenlee!) and also got to sample Scottish eggs for the first time. Mmmmm good!

My family now declares that the Highland Games is to be an annual family event for us!
PM               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 18-Oct-2005, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello Ladies,

sorry I am so busy. Doctor appointments because of the kidney stones etc. and also football games and meetings for the Armyspouses.

Yes it is close now. Husband is officially coming back on October 28th at 4:30 am - subject to change though - and now I am running wild to get everything ready before he comes home.

I got him today a welcome home present - a jacket with his favorite football team on. I hope he is going to like it.

Just today I had to get another CT Scan done - this time with contrast. That means the run iodine through an IV. First you get all hot and then you get a bad taste in your mouth and finally it feels like you pee in your pants. This is so weird. But at least I am getting to find out what we will be doing about the big stone that's still left in my right kidney. The doctor is not so worried about the 2 small ones in my left one. So I now have to wait for the results and that is just fine. Now I can concetrate on the homecoming of John.

So now I need to catch up on other threads too. LOL

Later!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 19-Oct-2005, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Wow, Monarch, that sounds awful about the kidney stones... hope you get some treatment and relief soon!

PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey ladies!

Monarch! I am so sorry to hear about the kidney stones! Some people just get them for some reason and I hear they are painful as h*ll when you pass one! I hope you get some relief....SOON!

I bet your so excited for hubby to come home. Will he be home for good then or have to go back?

I have been very busy with doctor appointments too for my back. I had an MRI done and more x-rays a couple weeks ago and now there is a cyst on the spinal cord along with everything else. They believe this is what is increasing my pain, but I have had this pain for like forever, although it gets worse as I get older and maybe the cyst is the reason. I have been going through all kinds of treatments and such and some days I feel better and some days I feel worse and just have to lay down most of the day. Another reason why I haven't been on the net much. I am at the point now where I just want them all to leave me alone.

SB, so glad you had such a great time at the games. The whole time I lived there, I never went to those. Well I didn't go to any Highland games when I lived in GA. I just didn't know about them then! Is it a really big one? So you like Alaisdair Fraser, eh? He plays at our Mesa games every year too. He is good, but too mellow for me. You know me! I like tribal wild music! laugh.gif

Other than that I go on vacation next week and I am very excited about that. Hope everyone is doing well.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I was so jealous of my husband after we got back from the Games, since he can claim to be a Scot thru his Reid family name (Gwenlee's clan too, the Donnachaid clan) that I went searching in my family tree to see if I couldn't find a Scot connection from a 'sept' name - there are no obviously Scottish names in my immediate family.

To my surprise, I found not too far back the Bell name, which is connected to the MacMillan clan and also Mason which is of clan Sinclair! Can I claim these, if they are as far back as a great-great or g-g-g-grandparent?? (sure hope so!)

Siobhan Blues
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well SB, hate to burst your bubble. But just because your ancestors might have had a Scottish surname does not mean any of them were in a clan. The more I learn the more careful I am now to claim any Scottish clan. I have five great-grandmothers with Scottish surnames but doesn't mean they or their ancestors were ever part of any clan as I can't prove this. My ancestors could have come from the lowlands for all I know and they didn't have clans there. I am still learning all this stuff and by no means a know-it-all in this field, but I am just very careful to claim any clan. unsure.gif
Castlegrrl 
Posted: 23-Oct-2005, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

Realm: San Diego, California

female

First my best to Monarch for the healing of those kidneys - I've been through it all twice and it is no trip to Disneyland!

May I whine a little and get some feedback? A new faculty member came to work in my Dept. (English, Literature and languages) and set his sights on me and for a few weeks we did everything together and I even picked the home he was going to buy then realizing he really couldn't afford it - I advised him to keep looking. He said and did all the rigtht things and seemed to be kind and good and caring even though I detected a bit of selfishness, I tossed that up to years of living alone working hard to get his Ph.D. and get acclimated to America. He is a spiritual person and though I had never dated a Frenchman or one who has was trying so hard to hold onto his youth - he went out and bought a BMW sports car! - I am a very giving and patient woman but things started getting one sided. I know we are not supposed to notice this if we are truly the magnanimous but I was getting some strange signals though he tried to hide them.
There was a little get-together for language people that I did not attend and my friend and former Dept chair asked him right out what his intentions were toward me - she knew we went everywhere together and he was unabashedly affectionate even in front of co-workers with I nipped in the but real fast. It was too late they knew we were dating so my friend asked. He told her were were just good friends. He also mentioned he had joined an online dating service hoping to meet the woman of his dreams. The description of his perfect woman was the opposite of me!
I was shocked, hurt and wondered what the last few months had really meant.
We talked later that day and he apologized, and was so flustered he could hardly look me in the eye. Although he had told me he loved me - it was not in the sense most would take to the altar!
I had been used and at some point he would have sported the halls with some young woman (he was hoping for someone 12 or so years younger than himself) and it was then I would have found out.
It has taken weeks to just get through the day without crying at least once and I have to work with this man. Please no scolding about dating in the workplace - our university has no policy against it but it almost never fares well for the woman when it's over. I also found out by being direct and asking him - does he have any male friends? No. Is he cheap? Yes. Is he used to using his French charm and good looks to get what he wants? Yes.

I was so stupid - or was I? He tries to be sweet and flirty and act like nothing ever happened. I have to daily just put on the professional face and be kind and remind him he cannot call me baby and mon ami and act like we are an item. Everyone has noticed that I stay away from him and limit my contact when he is in one of his "Mr. Wonderful" moods.
What do you think women? I'm feeling better but want to make sure he knows that he may not treat me like there is still some string attached - and it borderlines on sexual harassment.
Any feed back will be taken to heart . . . my daughters and girlfriends call him names and want to tar and feather him because he has hurt me but I'm a big girl and want to rise above this hurt . . .
Castlegrrl

--------------------
Castlegrrl (Rachel)
[email protected]

Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
~W.B. Yeats
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 23-Oct-2005, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Castlegrrl, you can always put an Irish curse on him and if that doesn't work you can slip some salt peter into his food. angel_not.gif Be glad that you found out about his self centered egotistical ways now. Sounds to me like he's a man that's stuck on himself and only thinks about himself. Thank goodness for small miracles and friends that look out for your welfare. I'm sorry that your having a hard time dealing with this but in time that will heal and just chalk it up to one of life's little learning experiences. As far as him wanting a younger woman to settle down he may find one and can't keep up with her, in more ways than one! Another thing, don't let his sweet charming smooth talking gibberish get to you. Sounds like a very vain man who thinks he can turn on that French charm and you'll come runing back to him and melt in his arms. Be strong my friend!

I hope Frenchie meets the woman of his dreams and she gives him the heebie jeebies! angel_not.gif

angel_not.gif maggiemahone1 angel_not.gif

PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Castlegrrl 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

Realm: San Diego, California

female

Thanks Maggie-Dear,

Are you sure you didn't curse him already. I thought about it and realized that just about everything in his life these past two weeks had fallen apart - his car, his home he wanted to buy fell out of escrow everytime he goes to a class they don't remember to deliver his media equipment and then his Powerpoint presentation keeps bombing and things are overall - a bit of a mess. I really didn't send any negative mojo his way but it seems to have bitten his arse already.
Yes, he still tried to get too sweet with me even today, but I am holding my ground and he seems a little frustrated. He is getting way too tanned for this time of year - even here in California and I heard him say to another faculty member that he "accidentally stumbeled upon the nude beach here in San Diego!" Yah. Right. Sure.

I am glad I found out fast - even though he sure did turn on the charm. Just reading back what I had written made me think and see what a cad he is. Thanks for the cheering on. I appreciate it so much.

Take care thanks for the response,
Castlegrrl Rachel
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 25-Oct-2005, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Castlegrrl - I only can say the same - be happy you found out now. Better an end with a scare and a scare with no end.

Yes it's getting close - that's why I am hardly online.

Busy, busy, busy.

Husband is still coming home on the 28th. He should be now on his way to Kuwait as I am typing this but then again - you never know for sure. He could be there or he could have been delayed.

Otherwise my kidneys are doing okay. So far tongue.gif

Well, hope to be on here more after husband comes back.

Take care all of you!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]