Posted: 02-Nov-2005, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

We've many great harpist in Brittany and there is a young one with a very beautiful voice I would like to introduce you. Her name is Cécile Corbel and her new album is called "Harpe celtique et chants du monde" (Celtic harp and world songs) you can listen to some extracts on her official site http://www.cecile-corbel.com/en/home.html

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Nov-2005, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Thanks, Celtica! What a wonderful sound.

You are going to turn me into a bretonne yet. smile.gif It is my true heritage, even though I am so completely in love with Scotland.

Who is that poet in your signature? It's so beautiful and mysterious.
PMEmail Poster               
celtica 
Posted: 03-Nov-2005, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

I sure would be happy if I can contribute to the awakeness of the breton part of yourself ! laugh.gif . Where did your ancestors come from ? Are they from Gourin ? Thousands of inhabitants of this little town of brittany emigrated to the USA... smile.gif

For Scotland, I don't blame you, since my travel in 2002 I'm completely in love with this country too smile.gif

Because you saw the poetic sense of my signature, I suppose you speak French smile.gif . Loïc Finaz is an officer of the French Navy. I worked with him in the headquarter in Paris a few years ago. He never knew I have read all his books ! laugh.gif He is very talented, I love his poetic style and the maritime universe he is talking about. Stories about sailors, exhile, human relationships...
This sentence is an extract from his last book "Nous avions accosté à Guayaquil".

smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Nov-2005, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (celtica @ 03-Nov-2005, 04:57 PM)
I sure would be happy if I can contribute to the awakeness of the breton part of yourself ! laugh.gif . Where did your ancestors come from ? Are they from Gourin ? Thousands of inhabitants of this little town of brittany emigrated to the USA... smile.gif

For Scotland, I don't blame you, since my travel in 2002 I'm completely in love with this country too smile.gif

Because you saw the poetic sense of my signature, I suppose you speak French smile.gif . Loïc Finaz is an officer of the French Navy. I worked with him in the headquarter in Paris a few years ago. He never knew I have read all his books ! laugh.gif He is very talented, I love his poetic style and the maritime universe he is talking about. Stories about sailors, exhile, human relationships...
This sentence is an extract from his last book "Nous avions accosté à Guayaquil".

smile.gif

Really, everyone should get into that site and listen to the clip. It's beautiful harp playing, and the woman's voice is a great blend with the instrument.

My people are French Canadian, and my father's family is part Norman and part Breton. I know the Norman part come from a town not far from Cherbourg. The Breton part I'm not sure of, except that the town is on the north coast and really not too far from the border of Normandie.

My French is not too bad. smile.gif I thought that author must be Breton, beause of the spelling of his name. That strange imagery of our origins in the sea, sounds like the mystics of all the celtic coastal lands.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]