Posted: 16-Nov-2006, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (Roberto Phoenix @ 15-Nov-2006, 08:46 PM)
Well that settles it, I'll have to pick up the Christmas CD on my next trip to Wally World. Cameapart want $14, WW is selling it for $10

You won't be sorry, Roberto!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 10-Dec-2006, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

See, I buy one and they come out with another! Just watched Celtic Women-A Long Journey on PBS tonight. Filmed in front of Slane Castle? in County Meath. Some old stuff, some new. More fiddle, thank God, to get the slow parts moving abit. There will be the usual CD and DVD. I just wish they had not done "Somewhere over the Rainbow." It's one of those songs that are fine when they first come out been it's done by so many different people I just don't like listening to it anymore. Alot more Celtic songs this time around. At least on the program. I haven't looked at what the CD lineup is yet.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 11-Dec-2006, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I now have the first CW cd as well as the Christmas Celebration and loved them both. I will have to look for and get a copy of A New Journey. I caught the last half hour (darn it!) on PBS last night and LOVED their version of The Voice. Gotta get it now.

Btw, I realy enjoyed their verson of Don Oiche Ud i mBethel on the Christmas cd. There ought to be more Christmas music in Gaelic and Irish because they are so wonderful to listen to!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Senara 
Posted: 14-Dec-2006, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

I caught A New Journey on PBS this past weekend too...I was totally floored to see Hayley Westenra filling out the group. First couple sightings I'm going "that's gotta be her" and then go to my buddy google and found out I was right. I wonder if she's going to be on tour as part of the group this time around or if it was a one time deal for the taping at Slane castle?

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Thecorgiwoman 
  Posted: 01-Jan-2008, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacRowan

female

I have both Celtic Woman CD's. Not too crazy about Chloe. Her voice is abit shrill for me. wink.gif I made a tape for my grandmother that she played constantly while driving to church before she died this summer. sad.gif Some of the arrangements are not really traditional and the ones that are marked as such are different than than what you will hear from a true gaelic singer. But other groups do this as well. Capercaillie song from "Rob Roy" is nothing like the original.
I enjoy the music for it's beauty not for its accuracy. They did get the Clannad songs pretty good though. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mar sin leibh an drasda;

Heather
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 28-Jan-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I saw at Wally world yesterday that Celtic Women have new members, a new CD and a new DVD out. The title is called "Believe" and here is the track listening according to Amazon
1. Awakening
2. Nocturne
3. Sailing
4. Mairead Solo - The Foxhuter
5. The Water Is Wide
6. Bridge Over Troubled Water
7. Black Is The Colour
8. Follow On
9. Ave Maria (Schubert)
10. Téir Abhaile Riú
11. You'll Never Walk Alone
12. A Spaceman Came Travelling
13. Songs from the Heart (Walking The Night; The World Falls Away)
14. A Woman's Heart
15. The Parting Glass
Looks a bit more traditional than is normal for them. I could have done without another version of "Bridge" and I'm not really sure about the whole Spaceman thing. Check out the preview video on Amazon. Mairad's solo is great and she has an irish step dancer along with her fiddle playing. So far all the reviews are good. I haven't really had a chance to explore the free internet previews yet. WM wants $11 for the CD and there is no sign of the DVD yet at my local store. Hopefully it will show up soon.
PMEmail Poster               
heartsong 
Posted: 31-Jan-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
50,166 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

A Spaceman Came Travelling is a Chris de Burgh song that came out many years ago. It's usually a Christmas song. CW version can be found on youtube if you want to see it. My favorite version of the song is performed by Gregorian.

Like all the CW shows, I'm not impressed. Something they do to the songs takes the magic out of them. There are only a few of their songs I like.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Feb-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I knew that "Spaceman" title was poking at something in the back of my memories. I use to listen to Chris DeBurgh back in the eighties. Use to love "Don't Pay the Ferryman and "The Getaway"but hated the "Lady in Red" because it was so overplayed so much here.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]