> Nova Scotia, Prefferably New Scotland
will 
Posted: 02-Nov-2007, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

male

I was in Cape Breton Nova Scotia for the Celtic Colours Music Festival in October. The music, food and scenery were fabulous. If you haven't been, plan a trip. It's the second week of October each year.

Will in Texas
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 03-Nov-2007, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (will @ 03-Nov-2007, 12:54 AM)
I was in Cape Breton Nova Scotia for the Celtic Colours Music Festival in October. The music, food and scenery were fabulous. If you haven't been, plan a trip. It's the second week of October each year.

Will in Texas

I defiantly do plan to attend Celtic Colours some year. I'm usually in Nova Scotia in July and August.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
b4u2 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 09-Jan-2005, 12:08 AM)
OH MY HEAVENS!

This is just too cool!

I was just looking around the net trying to find some in info on Kilt and I found a 50 minute concert video of them! And what's REALLY cool is it was filmed the day after I saw them in Radford VA at the Radford Highlanders Festival! Check it out, it is just too cool! I haven't got to listen to the whole thing yet so I don't know if they perform Rubber Boots. anyway, here's the address:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/mil..._id=KILTKILTKI#

ENJOY!

Nova Scotia is one of the most breathtaking places in the world! I was the first apprentice Glass Blower at Nova Scotian Crystal. Its on the water front in Halifax.
The kilt concert was amazing Brings me back to the first time I saw them at the Split Crow a pub in Halifax, or Hali for the locals

--------------------
Slainte Mhor
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (b4u2 @ 02-Jun-2008, 02:49 AM)
QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 09-Jan-2005, 12:08 AM)
OH MY HEAVENS!

This is just too cool!

I was just looking around the net trying to find some in info on Kilt and I found a 50 minute concert video of them! And what's REALLY cool is it was filmed the day after I saw them in Radford VA at the Radford Highlanders Festival! Check it out, it is just too cool! I haven't got to listen to the whole thing yet so I don't know if they perform Rubber Boots. anyway, here's the address:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/mil..._id=KILTKILTKI#

ENJOY!

Nova Scotia is one of the most breathtaking places in the world! I was the first apprentice Glass Blower at Nova Scotian Crystal. Its on the water front in Halifax.
The kilt concert was amazing Brings me back to the first time I saw them at the Split Crow a pub in Halifax, or Hali for the locals

It's true, Nova Scotia in breathtaking.
Love your Avatar,
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
mainopsman 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

A few years ago I traveled to Nova Scotia to visit a few friends that do "Mountain Man" re-enactments with me. As I crossed from Maine into New Brunswick it was about 1 AM. I had missed the regular crossing and crossed at a very small station with only one agent on duty. I stopped and took a break talking and drinking a well needed cup of coffee with him ( I had been on the road about 20 hrs traveling from Baltimore). He told me to take my time and to stop at the pull off area just before going into Nova Scotia and take a break until about 7 AM then cross. He said it would be worth the wait.

I did what he suggested, I pulled over and took a short nap, then drove on. As I crossed a low hill I saw the sign in large letters "Welcome to Nova Scotia". A short way farther up the road was the visitor's center, and a fantastic view of a fog cover low land just passed it. There standing near the road was a man in full Scottish kit, playing the pipes. Welcoming the visitors into a lovely Province of Canada. He was right, I have never felt so welcome going into a new area as I was that day. I spent the next few days at a resort in Economy on the cliffs with a great view of the bay. I spent 5 unbelievable days in what is truely God's land.

JIM (mainopsman)

--------------------
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end. Dr. Thomas Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

That low-land heading into Amherst is the Isthmus of Chignecto. You weren't that far from another miraculous sight. The Fundy Tides.

I was out in some less crowded areas of Guysborough Co. (as if you can call any of it crowded) this weekend, and it's amazing how far your eyes can stretch out there, and never see signs of man. If you were looking for a Mountain Man experience, (and a reason to wear more deet than is healthy) that should be one of your next retreats. wink.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (b4u2 @ 02-Jun-2008, 03:49 AM)
ENJOY! [/QUOTE]

Hello and welcome to CR b4u2,

Yes Nova Scotia is one of the most breathtaking places of the world.
My father in law was born there and his father and grandfather.

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
mainopsman 
Posted: 03-Jun-2008, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

Raven

The cabin I stayed in was right on the cliffs of coast of the Bay of Fundy. One of the most fantastic sights I have seen. I plan to make more trips up in the future, I truely loved it here.

JIM (mainopsman)
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (mainopsman @ 02-Jun-2008, 01:33 PM)
A few years ago I traveled to Nova Scotia to visit a few friends that do "Mountain Man" re-enactments with me. As I crossed from Maine into New Brunswick it was about 1 AM. I had missed the regular crossing and crossed at a very small station with only one agent on duty. I stopped and took a break talking and drinking a well needed cup of coffee with him ( I had been on the road about 20 hrs traveling from Baltimore). He told me to take my time and to stop at the pull off area just before going into Nova Scotia and take a break until about 7 AM then cross. He said it would be worth the wait.

I did what he suggested, I pulled over and took a short nap, then drove on. As I crossed a low hill I saw the sign in large letters "Welcome to Nova Scotia". A short way farther up the road was the visitor's center, and a fantastic view of a fog cover low land just passed it. There standing near the road was a man in full Scottish kit, playing the pipes. Welcoming the visitors into a lovely Province of Canada. He was right, I have never felt so welcome going into a new area as I was that day. I spent the next few days at a resort in Economy on the cliffs with a great view of the bay. I spent 5 unbelievable days in what is truely God's land.

JIM (mainopsman)

Economy is a beautiful area. I'm going to be arriving at my stompping grounds on the 20th of July. I'm always excited. As many all ready know I've a summer place in Spencers Island. My roots run deep there hence the CR name I choose for myself. I've always considered Nova Scotia my 2nd home.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]