ctbard 
Posted: 07-Mar-2008, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

My sister always has dreams that I'm being mean to her. i wonder what kind of dreams animals have?

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ctbard 
Posted: 26-Mar-2008, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I have been dreaming about the same person for a week now, which I find really odd, I havnet seen her for quite awhile.
Rindy 
Posted: 30-Mar-2008, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I came across this today in a book I am reading called The Celtic Spirit by Caitlin Matthews. Anyhow I thought of this thread and thought I would type it up and post it. It's a way of looking into dreams I suppose. Now I am really going to be wondering about a few things..lol...Slainte

The Hidden Truth of Dreams-

Your dream tell a truth about yourself. A truth you hide from while you are awake. A truth you need to know about yourself. For your ...well being.
–David Rudkin, Pendas’ Fen

Dreams are messengers of the soul. Everyone one of us, has dreams whether or not we remember them. Dreams speak of hidden truth in oblique ways–truths that we have not been able to undestand or assimilate in our waking lives. Their enigmatic symbolism cannot be decoded by books or dream interpretation that give pat or plausible answers for standard dream themes; dreams must be decoded entirely by the dreamer and scrutinized for their personal symbolism.

What is the truth that we need to know about ourselves? Whatever we have covered over or hidden from in our daily lives has a way of breaking through in self-disclosing (and often pun-filled) ways in our dreams. For example, we may dream of putting an annoying but senior colleague at work into the garbage, while in waking life we seriously wish that we could put a lid on his snide remarks.

In a society that defines dreams as wacky or illusory, it can be hard for us to realize that they reveal to us the nature of our waking self-delusion. Dreams not only warn of dangers; they also reveal areas that we have never dared explore because of their power or wonder. Dreams bring us to meet the potentialities of our soul in a remarkable manner; we may dream that we are flying, dancing, shining, meeting_deep truths that are the very essence of our well-being, that we can find, court, and asssimilate if only we listen to ours soul’s messengers.

Take one dream fragment from this week. Without giving it a psychological spin-dry, look at it honestly and see what truth it has to tell you. What emotions does your dream evoke? Where is your power free or suppressed? What is the overall impression or message it conveys?
PMEmail Poster               
ctbard 
Posted: 07-Apr-2008, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I dreamt last night that we were getting ready to leave for our trip to Ireland next month, and our airplane was buried by mountains of snow, and you had to climb a snow bank to get throught the door. And when I got on the plane I discovered I forgot my camera and camcorder, it has to be stress related.
Patch 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 12:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I no longer have dreams. Maybe I do not sleep well enough or maybe it is medications. I used to have dreams related to problems at work or home and through them I would find solutions to the problems. Maybe I just do not have any problems to solve now that I have retired. If the economy keeps imploding that may change soon though!

I used to have dreams about things that were about to happen. I never felt I was Psychic. I think little clues that I picked up from time to time would all come together in a dream. Most of those things I would have rather not dreamed about. Usually an illness, impending or one that was worsening.

Slàinte,    

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Apr-2008, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (ctbard @ 07-Mar-2008, 09:18 AM)
I have the most intricate and detailed dreams, and I dream about people who I have never met.I dream so much that I'm exhausted when I wake up.
Ever dream your back in school and you can't find your classroom? It's soo stressfull!

Oh my goodness, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not being able to find my classrooms is a recurrent dream for me! Can't figure out what that is all about. However, I have many recurrent dreams and this is just one.

I always have very vivid dreams in full color. I also remember each and every one of them! My hubby is totally astounded as he has black and white dreams and hardly ever remembers any of his!
ctbard 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Yes, my husband doesn't dream much either, I do nightly.
Lately I"ve been dreaming that I'm in High School, and I decide to quit school, and it the dreams I'm just SO relieved to be out of there. God, I hated school.
Rindy 
Posted: 26-May-2008, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Ok, I had a very strange dream the other night. All about snakes all big ones and they were different colors. One was even gold. Can't imagine what that means, may be I don't want to know. lol...anyhow I thought it was weird.

I never liked school either ctbard... luckily I haven't dreamt about it. hahaha

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
ctbard 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Every so often I dream that I started smoking again, and in the dream I feel so horribly guilty. I quit smoking about 7 years ago, and I still miss it!!!
Rindy 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

ctbard...I used to do that. I quit as well and I remember I would wake up and I was oh so happy it was only a dream. I think that was the one of the hardest addictions in the world for me. I don't miss it a bit but it's been a long time. I had may be 3 or 4 of those dreams then finally no more. Smoking is a terrible addiction.
Still trying to figure out the solid gold snake in my dream... may be I am telling myself I need a new gold ring.. lol....wished I could afford one...

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Jul-2008, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I was in a book store wandering and I picked up one of those dream dictonaries..just for fun.. smile.gif Thought it might be fun to look up things.

Does anyone else have one?

Slainte

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Jul-2008, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I would love one of those dream dictionaries as I think I have some the wierdest and wildest dreams on the planet! Man! Had a doozy of one last night that I thought would never end! It even had characters from both a movie I saw that night and one of my favorite TV shows, "What Not to Wear." LOL
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Jul-2008, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I took a good look at the book and its called Dream Symbols. I can't imagine what the gold snake meant. This is just all in fun...lol.....Slainte

Here is what I looked up on Snake/serpent.

More than anything else, this is a symbol of fear. It is also often a sexual symbol., and a symbol of wholeness, transformation, and rebirth. A symbol of the dark feminine and deception, it also represents wisdom and cunning. Almost every woman dreams about serpents at least one in her life, which could mean fear of a rival or of the male gender.

The serpent stands for physical drives. If something is not right in that area, snake dreams appera. The image of the serpent may also refer to "water of Life," since it comes from inside the earth wehre the healing springs originate. The Caduceus, the staff of Aesculapius, a symbol of healing arts, shows two serpents winding around it. In the sacred temple of Aesculapius, serpents crawled on the floor of the sleeping halls. They were said to induce healing dreams.

According to 2nd century dream interpreter Artemidorus, dreaming about serpents indicates healing and the return to vitality. It is also a symbol of immortality (shedding of the skin-rebirth). The "Midgard-serpent" and the "Ferris wolf" in Norse mythology threaten the gods as the world comes to an end.

The serpent is also the symbol for secret wisdom and the revelation of the hidden. Snakes are quick, attracted by fire and the birth of energy. A snake steals from Gilgamesh (hero of the Sumerian epic) the herb of immortality, while he is taking a bath in a pond.

In Greece, Baia, the goddess of the earth, produces two half-serpents called Titans, who do battle with Zeus. For the Gnostics of late antiquity, the serpent symbolized the dark, deep, and unfathomable side of God. The serpent is also a symbols of Kundalini (the yogic life force). In ancient Greece, serpents were even honored publicly, because they were believed to be ghosts of the dead.

Snakes appear suddenly, out of the unknown, creating fear. It is impossible to have a meaninful communication with them; they are secretive and fear-inducing, as is the unconscious. Their poison is sin, their wisdom transformation and deliverance. Accordin to Early Christian imagination, when a snake was attacked it would only protect its head.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Jul-2008, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I have not had a dream for so long I can not remember when. That was how I would solve tough problems. They say that not dreaming isn't healthy. Probably it isn't since I only sleep an hour and a half to two hours and then wake up due to pain. Over 24 hours I get 8 or more hours sleep but not at one time. I probably wake up before I dream and I doubt I get "quality" sleep. The doctor has offered sleeping pills but I am going to have get rid of a half dozen medications before I am willing to add a new one.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Jul-2008, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (ctbard @ 07-Mar-2008, 07:45 AM)
My sister always has dreams that I'm being mean to her. i wonder what kind of dreams animals have?

My dog sleeps on his side and growls, makes weak barking sounds and his legs twitch like he is running. I always assumed he was chasing rabbits, squirrels or birds. Then again, maybe he is chasing people. When he is home alone he is the "stand in" for the alpha dog (me).

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]