Posted: 26-Nov-2008, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (McRoach @ 26-Nov-2008, 12:52 PM)
That is helpful thanks LOA.  I guess I should start a few topics or post in several different forums.

Seems odd a computer program can deem what is an interesting topic or thoughtful reply though, that's why I was unsure if there might be a outside influence.

thumbs_up.gif

Every night our systems will evaluate all posts made for the day and aggregate the total posts for the previous 60 days. A target goal (as determined by Celtic Radio) is used as a threshold value which if the member meets or exceeds results in a 100% perfect post rating. This threshold value evaluates if the post is meaningful and adds value to the community forum. Values below the threshold value will be assigned a percentage of the target post goal. Celtic Radio may adjust the threshold value at any time in order to help foster discussions and conversations in our community forums.

Post Rating System:
100%: Perfect, Your a Scribe!
80% - 99%: Great, An asset to our community
60% - 79%: Good, A valued contributor
40% - 59%: Average, Simple posts.
0% - 39%:  Warning, Posts to short!

McRoach,

This is the paragraph that states that it is the computer system that evaluates each members posts and also the administrators of the site.The goal is to encourage people to discussions and express their opinions on the forums.

So, in other words it's every members that can in a way "influence" their own ratings.

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
hydroshok40 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 04:08 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Hermiston, OR

male

The problem with that is that some of us (me) are not very good talkers, let alone writers. So we have to hunt for some post that we might have some BS to input just to try to get our rating up. I would personally prefer it if instead of having to do posts, you could do some sort of task, or deed, to up your rating.......
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (hydroshok40 @ 24-Dec-2008, 05:08 AM)
The problem with that is that some of us (me) are not very good talkers, let alone writers.  So we have to hunt for some post that we might have some BS to input just to try to get our rating up.  I would personally prefer it if instead of having to do posts, you could do some sort of task, or deed, to up your rating.......

Hydroshok40,

If it's the way you think that the post rating system is a load of BS like you call it, well you just don't understand the meaning of it then.Don't forget that this is a free site to join so the post rating system is only a small token to pay in return by posting and show interest by getting involved in the forums.

Post rating is based on what members bring to the site in a positive way, you might look at it as a deed or a task but for the benefit of the site.After all you are a member of CR first and a player in MK second for you have to log in to CR first to be able to play.

So it is normal to have a post rating system in coordination with the game!!!
This game was created for the benefit of CR members to interact in a different environnement but at the same time interact into the site.

So if you are only interested in the game,,,well you have the right to but do not complain if your post rating is low for it was created as a combination of the two sites.

LOA smile.gif
McRoach 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,298,456 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (hydroshok40 @ 24-Dec-2008, 04:08 AM)
The problem with that is that some of us (me) are not very good talkers, let alone writers. So we have to hunt for some post that we might have some BS to input just to try to get our rating up. I would personally prefer it if instead of having to do posts, you could do some sort of task, or deed, to up your rating.......

Hydroshok40, LOA makes a valid point about MK being just another part of CR. There is so much here to discuss that you should not have to hunt for something to post about you are after all, just sharing your opinion much like you did with your post today. You don't have to be super creative or well versed to share an opinion but it usually helps to try and do it objectively as not to offend others. On that same note sometimes mildly offensive posts sly.gif get more replies which I have found actually boost your post rating quicker. Check yours in a day and see if this one boosted it! From there you will have to decide if you like enhancing the overall experience of CR by participating in discussions or if you really just want to play the game which as mentioned before is 2nd.

As to prior posts in this topic
My Post rating has been on a downward spiral over the last 4-5 days and it seems like the more I post the lower it goes. Have my writing skills really gotten so bad?
I found that I was the only one posting in a forum for a few days straight and that was what caused my rating to drop, if you reply in a forum where you made that last couple of posts you get docked. smile.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
hydroshok40 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

male

LOA, first I did'nt say the system was BS. If you read my post, What I said that someone like me who is not a verbal (Writing) person has to hunt for somewear to write some BS. The BS is coming from people just adding junk to get their rating up to in turn get the reward, not the system itself. As for the task part, the point there was a sugestion that they could have some other task for those of us that arnt great comunicators to do, who would like to condribute to the site, that would also be a benifit to the site or the people here, and still be able to get the distribution like the posters. Those...... who do have a opinion about everything could continue to do it in here. AND, in MY OPINION, this is not "just another part of CR." It is a major part of what i enjoy about the CR site, But thanks for your opinion and input....
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (hydroshok40 @ 24-Dec-2008, 05:08 AM)
So we have to hunt for some post that we might have some BS to input just to try to get our rating up.

hydorshok40,

If I offended you in any way I apologize...but to me by your statement here that one has "to hunt for some post that we might have some BS to input" is in a way referring to the "post rating system" as BS.

But then again you are in title of your opinion as well...I just find it sad that some members criticize what is offered to them freely here. And like it or not MK IS another part of CR...

It is a major part of what i enjoy about the CR site

And by this statement you confirm that you are mostly interested in the game.And you have all the right in the world to do so.
But I will say again that the post rating system is associated with posting in the forums.

We all try to help here that's all.

LOA smile.gif
hydroshok40 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

male

Criticize???? Who? Where? I simply stated that i wished there was ANOTHER way for people like me to contribute....

Hydro

I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine themselves to facts.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), .......hhhhmmmmmmm

It is not advisable to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener.
Ayn Rand (1905 - 1982),

Hope i'm Not torching bridges here...............lol
PMEmail Poster               
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

Thank you all for your comments. They are helpful to those of us that do not understand all the ins and outs of this game. I did not realize that the posting rating affected your resources. I for one am going to have to work on this.

Happy Holidays to all!

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
subhuman 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

I for one am going to have to work on this.

You just did, by making that post.
It's really not that difficult to get a decent post rating. :

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
deadeye08 
Posted: 31-Dec-2008, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

male

My posts rating went from 100 to 86 over night the day after I had posted in 5 or 6 different forums... does the post rating only count posts in the MK forum or in all forums? I would assume it would be in the MK forum but just wondering.

Thanks!

--------------------
Rodgar
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 31-Dec-2008, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (deadeye08 @ 31-Dec-2008, 01:10 AM)
My posts rating went from 100 to 86 over night the day after I had posted in 5 or 6 different forums... does the post rating only count posts in the MK forum or in all forums? I would assume it would be in the MK forum but just wondering.

Thanks!

deadeye08,

If you are referring to the "clan forums" in the game I'm not sure but your post rating is based on what you reply and your participaction in the many forums and topics of the site here on CR.

Hope that clarify things a bit for you.

LOA smile.gif
deadeye08 
Posted: 31-Dec-2008, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

male

I went from 85 to 0 it 30 seconds... was 85 trained some guys and then was 0 and its not even 9am here. Is the post rating glitchy sometimes for anyone else?

PS LOA.. that does help me =)
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 31-Dec-2008, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Yes, deadeye08, I too find the Post Rating quirky....I will sign into the MK & find I have a 100% rating (yet in the CR Forums only 65%)...then sign onto MK later the same day and have a rating of 0%.....BUGS I SAY....BUGS laugh.gif laugh.gif
PM               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 31-Dec-2008, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Leelee, deadeye08,

I wouldn't rely much on what is shown as the % rate in MK the most accurate would be the one that shows in your profiles;because sometimes the tics are not always accurate in the game and the system needs improvement for sure...but the administrator had some other emergencies during the holidays so hopefully he will have the time soon to get some things fixed up in the game.

I for one lost resources because of the "tics" that probably weren't accurate and never got them back...ex: I logged in one night not long ago at 800K in gold and a bit more then 700K in the other two resources and when I logged back in the next morning my resources were down to 477K gold and 300K in the other resources ????? ohmy.gif

So, there is defenitely a problem somewhere that need to be fixed.

LOA smile.gif
Leelee 
Posted: 31-Dec-2008, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

I wouldn't rely much on what is shown as the % rate in MK the most accurate

I concur, LOA...and I also have come across lost resources.....oh well what can we do but be patient smile.gif
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]