Golden_Griffin 
Posted: 08-Apr-2007, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Colorado

male

I was looking through the Request lines and I could not find any Blackmore's Night. This is a great group and I love their music. the Group is made up of Richy Blackmore from the 80's rock band Rainbow and Candece Night, Richy's Love, They are a ren fair group that has exploded and I would love to hear some of their music plaied here

--------------------
Griffin
Blessed Be
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 08-Apr-2007, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I tend to like them too. Blackmore's Night is not what I would consider destinctly Celtic, but I do agree that at least some if not most of their music would fit. After I discovered their music, I sent an E-mail to their offices talking about getting their music played on here but I never heard back from them.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Apr-2007, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Golden_Griffin. I must say I am another fan of theirs. I am surprised they are not played on Highlander Radio. May be we can cross our fingers and toes and wish SOON!!! Aaediwen thats a wonderful idea... thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Apr-2007, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I am kind of excited. I heard back from Blackmores Night and they are considering putting some of their songs on Highlander Radio as soon as their tours over. So I am really hoping in the next year we can be hearing them here on Highlander Radio. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Golden_Griffin 
Posted: 09-Apr-2007, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Colorado

male

That is Great Riney Thank you so much for checking into that. it would be awsome.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Apr-2007, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Your welcome Golden_Griffin. It's my pleasure. They are suppose to let us know in May after their tour. So it's coming soon. I really think this band is just fabulous. I can't get enough of their sound and visuals. So lets all keep our fingers crossed... thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 26-Apr-2007, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I agree with Rindy. This group is fabulous. I typed their name in on Pandora and listened to their music and loved it. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
subhuman 
Posted: 13-May-2007, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

Richy Blackmore from the 80's rock band Rainbow

1. it's Ritchie
2. How can you not mention Deep Purple?? biggrin.gif
3. Ritchie formed Rainbow in the 70's

Do a search here, this topic/group has come up before here and has been discussed at length.
Both Ritchie and Dio described Rainbow as "Medieval Rock" in various interviews, BTW. If you check into some of the older stuff there are some real gems along those lines.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
hellknight 
Posted: 19-Jun-2007, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: The Netherlands

male

Having some of their music played on Highlander Radio would be great! I've been a fan of Blackmore's Night for several years now, and am an active member of the Dutch fanclub and the Dutch Streetteam. I'll go drop a link here on the dutch fanclub forum - I know some of them are, like myself, into celtic music thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Tact? What good in tact? I've tried that on people, and they still don't do what I want!
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 12-Jul-2008, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

The new CD "Secret Voyage" USA/Canada release: August 19 2008 at all music outlets and presale in July 15th at Amazon.com which does have sound samples
The new music video soon to be released-"Locked Within The Crystal Ball"

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Jul-2008, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
245,858 Gold!

We've received contact directly from Blackmore's Night and their latest CD "Secret Voyage."

An excellent album, group and music!! 5 Stars all around from Celtic Radio!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 17-Jul-2008, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Pre-ordered ( $13.90) Secret Voyage about a month ago and it showed up today. Richie and Candace have put together some terrific material. A little more rock then previous recordings but Candace's presentation holds true her renaissance background.

How can you go wrong, when you have a song like God Save The Keg, that features a full cathedral organ. Long live Ritchie's sense of humor. beer_mug.gif

This is a fun and very well recorded cd. I would suggest if you are a Ritchie Blackmore fan, this is a must have.
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 20-Jul-2008, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

How can you go wrong, when you have a song like God Save The Keg, that features a full cathedral organ. Long live Ritchie's sense of humor.

Nothing really new for him, go back to early Deep Purple ('68-'70 or so) as well as the first two Rainbow releases and there's plenty of songs featuring organs there. 'Gates of Babylon' comes to mind from Rainbow, with a 90-second organ intro.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I am really enjoying this band here on Celtic Radio and the video section. Like subhuman said can't go wrong with Ritchie Blackmore. I can here some riffs in there that are like the old Deep Purple. Love it! Candice is as beautiful as her voice! I hope they come out with another cd soon. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
connor1985 
Posted: 10-Nov-2008, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacIvy

male

OH MY GOD! i think i have fallen for a new group. i have one song of their ghost of a rose and i liked it but now i been looking at their site and listening and my god i wish i could be them!!! great band hope to see in real one day!

--------------------
May all your hardships fade away till night becomes morn, may love remain to guide your way... till the day we are reborn.

Untill the day till all are one.

Every man dies, not every man really lives.

PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]