Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hallo a h-uile duine!
Hello everyone!

Tha mi'n dòchas gum bheil sibh gu math!
I hope that you are all well!

Fhuair mi seo anns an leabhar "Steps to Revival" le Pat Robertson
(pgs 28-30):
I found this in the book "Steps to Revival"by Pat Robertson (pgs 28-30).

THE HEBRIDES AWAKENING

With the Allies' victory over Nazi Germany, postwar Europe sought to recapture its prewar glory. During this time, many Europeans abandoned the church as they tried to rebuild homes and families wrecked by World War II.
On the Hebrides Islands off the coast of Scotland, not a single young person attended Sunday services. The islands, which had seen many revivals in the past, were now becoming a spiritual wasteland.
Peggy Smith was a blind 84-year-old prayer warrior. Her sister Christine suffered from severe arthritis. Yet these two frail women were not willing to see the enemy claim victory on their island! Together, they prayed fervently for revival. God answered by giving Peggy a vision of Duncan Campbell, a famed Scottish evangelist, preaching on their island and of the churches filling with young people.
When she told her pastor that she felt Duncan Campbell should come and have a revival meeting, he replied that this must be of God, because his wife also felt the same thing! But when the pastor invited the evangelist to come, Duncan Campbell turned him down, saying he had another invitation of great importance.
Peggy and Christine were not swayed by Campbell's response. Instead, they continued to pray for revival, believing Duncan Campbell would come, just as God had shown them. They even asked the pastor to print invitations and distribute them along all the roads!
Meanwhile, Duncan Campbell was questioning his decision not to go to the Hebrides.
Prior to receiving the invitation to speak there, Campbell's granddaughter had asked him why God didn't work the same way as in the sermons that he preached. This sent the evangelist to his knees, and he told God he was willing to go anywhere for revival. It wasn't long before God answered.
Campbell was sitting in the front row at a Keswick convention in England, preparing to be the next speaker; when the Spirit of God came upon him with conviction. Campbell turned to the moderator and said, "You will have to excuse me, but God has another appointment for me." Then he got up and walked away.
Obeying God's call, Duncan Campbell boarded a boat and made the journey to the Hebrides. He got off the boat at four o'clock in the afternoon and found a postman waiting for him, saying, "We knew you would come! You have just enough time for high tea before the meeting."
When Campbell said he didn't know of the meeting, the postman explained that notices were posted everywhere, advertising a meeting with him that night! Campbell went to high tea and then preached in that little church. The evening was uneventful until Campbell gave an invitation, and a young man stood up to say he felt that God was just above them, wanting to come down. Nothing more happened until Campbell went to the back door to shake hands, as parsons do. Looking out, he saw the churchyard full of people drawn there by the Spirit of God.
Most of the crowd stayed until four in the morning as the Spirit of God came down! People prayed to be saved, crying out to get right with God.
What was the ongoing fruit of that revival? Most of the bars had to close down permanently for lack of business. The churches were filled with young people, just as in Peggy Smith's vision. Church enrollment exploded as people returned to God. There was a tremendous healing of the land as people repented and came to Jesus. That revival continued for the next 30 years, and God showered His blessings on the entire region.
The Lord heard the fervent prayers of two housebound believers praying for revival, and transformed their islands from a wasteland into a spiritual paradise. God still hears our prayers today, for His Word promises, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you James" 4:8a, NASB).

Glé inntinneach, nach eil?
Very interesting, isn't it?

Am bheil fios aig duine sam bith ma tha leabhraichean eile air an
cuspair seo?
Does anyone know if there are other books on this subject?

Bu toigh leam a bhith 'gan leughadh!
I would like to read them!

Cuir ceart na mearachdan agam, mas e ur toil e (mur bi e a' cur dragh
ort).
Correct my mistakes, please (if it isn't a bother).

Uill, feumaidh mi falbh a-nis.
Well, I must go now.

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Elspeth 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Hey wizard man!

I LOVE that story!

Thanks!

Elspeth

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

male

I love it too! Any idea if there are any books available on this subject? I'd like to read more about it!
Elspeth 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

No, sorry I don't. Internet search?
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

male

Good idea, if I can jsut find a few spare minutes! And I hate to leave celticradio long enough to do one! wink.gif I have so much fun here! smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]