FamhairCloiche 
Posted: 19-Mar-2008, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Oklahoma

male

Reading thread has broken my heart, but at the same time, Esther Joy's perserverence and the evidence of the Lord's healing hand have given me strength and hope. Even just this morning her trials have been a ministry to my heart. I will add her to my prayers immediately. Especially since she's practically my neighbor.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 27-Mar-2008, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

I just got this update off the CaringBridge site. Esther Joy's treatment is entering a very serious and delicate stage. Sure appreciate the prayers and good wishes everyone has sent to this little girl. I have never met her or her parents, but all I talk to who do know them indicate that this family is the real deal. They are certainly worthy of our prayers.

Well we have finally gotten to what I consider the most critical phase of Esther's treatment protocol. We drove down to Oklahoma City yesterday to start with some preparatory treatment before the transplant. Esther's red blood count was low so she was admitted to the transplant unit today to get her transfusion and continue the preparatory treatment that will, Lord willing, help her from getting as sick as she goes through the massive doses of chemo that she will receive in the next few days. Her schedule will look something like this: 3 days of preparatory treatment, 4 days of chemotherapy, 2 days of rest, the Transplant also known as the Rescue ( 20 -40 minute IV infusion of her stem cells), then an unknown number of days of recovery. I will be updating the website regularly during this time. Her doctor said that once we start the chemo part of the transplant that we cannot stop even if she develops a fever during this time. In essence this is a one shot go. I will not be going back out on the road until we know that the transplant has been a success and Esther is recovered. Thank you for your prayers.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 19-Apr-2008, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

It's been a while, but I just got this update this morning on Esther Joy Travis. Thanks for praying for this little girl. I know that if any of us was in this situation, w would want folks to be praying for us. Take care!

We received wonderful news yesterday on Esther's condition. As most of you heard, Esther had unexpected severe damage to her liver because of the chemotherapy she received with her stem cell transplant. For the last week Esther was in ICU battling the effects of liver failure. On Wednesday she had a liver biopsy to see if she had any viable liver left. The only other option for her recovery if she did not have some liver function was a liver transplant which because of her diagnosis as a cancer patient she is most likely not qualified for. The results of the biopsy came back yesterday and showed she had living liver tissue. Praise the Lord! The liver is the only organ in the body which can regenerate itself. Hopefully with time Esther's liver will heal. There is nothing that can be done to treat the liver but to help manage the side effects of liver failure until her liver heals. Needless to say she still has a long way to go before she is well, but praise the Lord for the hope we do have.

Thank you for praying
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 29-Apr-2008, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Mark - like I said previously, thanks so much for the updates. I have been trying to get on to Caringbridge, but for some odd reason I can't. Anyway, my class at school is still praying for her daily. To me it is amazing what a little body can take. I just read over all the posts and am truly in awe of the holy and awesome God we serve. Please give this precious family our regards and let them know that there are a whole host of saints in Smyrna, GA that are praying for Esther Joy on a daily basis. May God richly bless everyone involved with this precious little girl.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 12:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

I don't have any more recent updates, but here is a photo of Esther. Hope this comes out well.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
John Clements 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (haynes9 @ 07-May-2008, 01:39 AM)
I don't have any more recent updates, but here is a photo of Esther. Hope this comes out well.

Seeing the above picture, I hope my tears help.

JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 07-May-2008, 07:41 AM)

JC

You're a good man, John! Appreciate your thoughts for this little one. I'll send you a PM soon. I've really been out of pocket lately. Take care!
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (haynes9 @ 07-May-2008, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (John Clements @ 07-May-2008, 07:41 AM)

JC

You're a good man, John! Appreciate your thoughts for this little one. I'll send you a PM soon. I've really been out of pocket lately. Take care!

Bless her heart!

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 18-May-2008, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Mark

Many thanks for keeping us all updated on little Ester Joy's conditoin and progress. As I have stated several times, my class has been praying for her. We are headed into the last week of school. I am passing along the Caring Bridge info. as well as the Celtic Radio info. to any of my parents/children that would like to keep up with her progress.

Again, thanks and our prayers are with you and your family and with Ester Joy and her family.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

I just got this update on Esther Joy's condition today. This is the first update in a long time and it is very encouraging. Thanks to everyone who has continued to pray for this little sweetheart. I will continue to post any new information I get.

I apologize for not updating the webpage for a long time. We have just been swamped. It is truly amazing how quickly a month can pass, especially with our departure for India coming up in less than four months. We want to thank everyone for the attention you have given to us through your prayers over this last month. Your intercessory on our behalf was evident in both the safe delivery of our son Joshua and in the good reports of Esther’s latest scan.
Joshua James Travis was safely born on May 17th, weighing 11 lbs 6 ozs and was 23 inches long!

Esther Joy had a series of scans at the beginning of the month to see if she had any active cancer remaining in her body. The scans took place every morning for three days and Esther had to stay still from 30 mins to an hour at a time, depending on the scan, a tall order for a energetic five year old. The scans showed she has no detectable cancer in her system at this time! Esther’s tender heart for the Lord showed through when she told me she wanted to make sure the nurse doing her scans knew the Lord and gave her a DVD presentation of the gospel that we sometimes use to share the gospel. It is wonderful to see the Lord working in the lives of our children. Esther has started a 21 day preventative treatment therapy. This is not a chemotherapy treatment praise the Lord. She will have some follow up scans in August. We have also almost completly changed our diet for better nutrition. I think we are all feeling better thanks to that. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Jennifer was in labour for about an hour and a half and has recovered wonderfully. God’s hand was very evident in both her and Joshua’s safe delivery. Praise the Lord!
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 16-Jun-2008, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Mark

Thanks for the update! All I can say is WOW! What an awesome God we serve!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Jun-2008, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for the update on Esther Joy. My prayers are with all of you.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 19-Jun-2008, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

AMEN!
PMEmail Poster                
haynes9 
Posted: 18-Oct-2008, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Here is another update on Esther Joy Travis. This is probably the last one, and for good reasons! She and her family are now in India preparing to do missionary work. Thanks to everyone who prayed for this little sweetheart!
Have a great day!

Dear praying Friends,

As many of you and many of have guessed, we are in India now. Esther's make a wish trip was a blast. She had a great time at Sea world and Disney land. We are getting settled here in north India. We had a CT scan done a couple of weeks ago and everything came back clear so far. We will hopefully have our own internet connection soon. It will make things a lot easier.
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 18-Oct-2008, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Cincinnati, OHIO

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
211,726 Gold!

What a great update!!! Thanks again for sharing.

--------------------
GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]