gaberlunzie 
Posted: 28-Mar-2004, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

You promise not to laugh???? Okay then, just out of interest,,,
Did anyone else read "Perry Rhodan"? I was 13 years old when it started and I loved it. I used to follow it for quite a couple of years. Gee, my Mum was scared that I was reading that "trash" (quote Mum) but I was hooked.
We were some "hard core" fans in my class and we dealt with this subject very, very seriously!

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shamalama 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

I have always been a Trekkie. I prefer Kirk over Picard.

I did watch the '80's show Buck Rogers, but only because of Col. Deering.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/clare.dell/ering...grey/erin02.jpg

I liked the first three Star Wars in the '70's-'80's. The recent ones didn't grab me as much.

Stargate is good, although the movie was much better.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ Mar 29 2004, 08:04 AM)
I did watch the '80's show Buck Rogers, but only because of Col. Deering.

I remember why now, why I liked that show so much. tongue.gif Bruce Boxlightner was not my reason either. wink.gif Wasn't Col. Deering, Linda Gray or Grey?

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
maisky 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Mar 27 2004, 07:31 PM)
My Son and I absolultly love "Spaceballs". My Wife on the other hand thinks that we are insane for liking it. wink.gif

But we think that "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" is Great too. It must be her. tongue.gif

It's fortunate that your wife's lack of taste in entertainment is made up for by her good taste in men. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Richard, it was Erin Grey.

http://www.eringray.com/

PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ Mar 29 2004, 10:45 AM)
Richard, it was Erin Grey.

http://www.eringray.com/

Yep, that is her. biggrin.gif , Thank you Shamalama. thumbs_up.gif

QUOTE (maisky @ Mar 29 2004, 08:46 AM)
It's fortunate that your wife's lack of taste in entertainment is made up for by her good taste in men. biggrin.gif

Thank you Maisky, I do have to admit she does have a Great Taste in Men. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Eamon 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Mar 27 2004, 01:21 AM)
I personally have some very fond memories of "Star Gate". And NO, not the Adult rated type either.

I have been a long time Trekie and love the Star Wars Movies. I use to watch Battlestar Galactica every week along with Buck Roger.

There is a program on Thursday Nights at 10:00 on the Sci-Fi Channel that I watch and that is Scare Tactics.

But over all my all time Favorite has to be X-Files.

Ditto, except for the Scare Tactics. Wish I had more time to watch the new Trek and Star Gate stuff.

Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

LOVE Sci-Fi! Big Trek fan, all series. Bummed out that Farscape is off the air. I always thought it was great. Like SG-1. I do like Andromida. Alas, I'm the only sci-fi freak in the family. My wife will watch some with me, but rolls her eyes at the rest saying, "Well this is stupid." Poor girl. Doesn't know what she's missing!

Huge fan of the X-Files. I used to have a big crush on Gillian Anderson. Guys, check out her webs site and look at the pics. Tres sexy! Gillian Anderson

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Blue_Rogue 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Ok.

male

Sci-Fi?!!

Boy, someone pulled on my heart strings!!!
Hard core Sci-Fi fan here!
As far as TV goes, original Star Trek and Babylon 5!!
I could list a ton of movies.
But books, I no longer have a dinning room, its now the library. Asimov is my favorite.

--------------------
Careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

House of Gordon

PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ Mar 29 2004, 11:29 AM)
Huge fan of the X-Files. I used to have a big crush on Gillian Anderson. Guys, check out her webs site and look at the pics. Tres sexy! Gillian Anderson

What do you mean you use to have a crush on Gillian Anderson, unsure.gif I still do. tongue.gif

I see that they are in the works for "X-Files 2". That is one I would definatly would go and see, even if my Wife doesn't go. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Cpl. A.J. 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Mid Ohio Valley

Yep, count me in; another SF fanatic here.

In addition to loving SF, I'm also a published SF writer -- two novels, and 13 or 14 short stories. (Do a Google on "A.J. Austin" to find them.)

I'm hooked on most TV SF... all the Treks (although "Enterprise" is growing tedious and isn't, frankly, all that good; still watch it every week, though), B5, the recent Battlestar Galactica movie on SciFi Channel.

My personal favorite over the last few years was "Firefly," which got a real screw job by Fox (showed the episodes out of order, stuck it in a death-slot at 10pm on Friday nights, and pulled the plug with three unaired episodes). It was some of the best-written and best-produced SF on the air. There were no rubber-forehead aliens, no laser blasters, and -- guess what! -- no sound in space. Excellent series that should have aired for years if only the suits at Fox had a brain among them.

A.J.
PMEmail Poster               
CeltWolf 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacVine

male

Well, I have to admit that I'm rather fond of Space Operas, in general. The ... argh, what's it called? The series of books, Insurrection, Crusade, In Death Ground, and The Shiva Option, all by David Weber (Honor Harriongton fame) and Steve White. GREAT space operas. HUGE space battles, with immensely powerful weapons and ships that are remarkably feeble without their shields. So wonderful!

And then there's the Posleen War series, by John Ringo. A Hymn Before Battle (the best, probably), Gust Front, When the Devil Dances, and Hell's Faire. Only haven't read the last one. Need to.

Gotta love the Hitchhiker books, too. Star Wars novels are (well, were, I haven't read any since a bit before the new publisher got them) fun, moreso than I've found the Star Trek ones, as a whole (Kahless and Sarek excepted. Good books), though the newer ones are branching to new characters, for a change. Could be very good.

I've got a character in an IRC Star Trek sim (UCIP). Fun, but I need to show more. Sad, too, I'm the ships engineer (and an E-3, to boot).

Seeing as I love Space Operas, I'm betting I'd really enjoy Babylon 5, if I got into it. I do enjoy Stargate (the movie) and SG-1. SG-1 is fun. And endorsed by the USAF. Very cool.

Love all the Star Trek shows from TNG on. TNG.... had Patrick Stewart. He's a spectacular actor. Avery Brooks (DS9, I'm sure you know) is great speaker. And Voyager's Kate Mulgrew was pretty good, too. I'm currently impressed with Scott Bakula. He's doing a nice job. And he did happen to suit that cowboy outfit from "North Star" rather well. Very well, in fact.

Hehe, Enterprise's uniforms make me think of teh 'modern' ST engineering work jumpsuits. Pretty much the same thing. 'Cept that Enterprise's aren't bright yellow.

Back to novels... I've read, and enjoy, the ABCs of Sci-Fi: Asimov, Bradbury, and Clarke. Asimov's R. Daneel Olivaw books, the Foundation Saga (in which I seem to see a link to the Olivaw books), Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles and Farenheit 451, and Clarke's 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Heinlein's good, too. I love Red Planet and Starship Troopers. Very good books. Should read more of his, too. Have to finish my George R.R. Martin books, though (Song of Ice and Fire series. Starting w/ A Game of Thrones. Currently stuck on A Storm of Swords... dark, not in the mood).

And I just recently went to a local, small Sci-Fi con. That's a blast.

I should mention, I thoroughly enjoy all the Star Wars movies. Yes, the original three probably top the new three (still waiting on Ep 3....), but I do enjoy them. Phantom Menace wasn't as bad as everyone says, IMO... I found it entertaining, and had to expectations, so I wasn't bitter. Ep 2 was a very nice improvement, too. Darker side of SW, kinda like ESB. Still and all, I think my favorite is RotJ. Something so classic about it, especially the fight on Jabba's barge. That was soo very good.

Mmmmm, Sci-Fi. Love it.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Celtwolf I'm glad you are helping keep Sci-fi alive! Some people are just turned off to sci-fi.
Don't understand that. Maybe they don't have much imagination? Never have understood that. My best friend hates anything sci-fi. She says it isn't real. I told her only cause she isn't going to live to see it doesn't mean it will never be real one day...
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 30-Mar-2004, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Just look at the predictions of HG Wells and Orwell (1984). They were so accurate it's scary.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 30-Mar-2004, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Yea, H G Wells was way ahead of his time.

Good Morning Trouble!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]