Guests cannot vote 
scottish2 
Posted on 17-Jul-2003, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

HI

Been a while since a post has come up here and wanted to see where folks stand. Do you thik President (?) Bush should be held accountable even impeached for lying to the American public and the world on Weapons of Mass Destruction and pushing for war based on this reason without proof and to date still not being able to prove his claims. What do you think? huh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted on 17-Jul-2003, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Ok my vote was for yes. In my honest opinion if an elected official lies to those he or she is charged with working for then this is a blatant slap in the face of all those he or she serves and he or she should be removed from office as a way to show public servants that we the people will not stand for lies and deceipt!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

As long as we the people allow elected officials to lie to us and let them get a way with that lie there will never be truth in government just more lies and deceipt!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

Um, that is not what I voted for. Why did that register a yes? mad.gif

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Maybe you bumbed the tick mark back without realizing it. What was yur vote?
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

Sorry, investigate further.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

OK at least we know what you wanted to vote for. I even with mod status can't change even my own votes but at least we know your desired vote.
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

First there was Watergate with Richard Nixon...he illegally recorded conversations to gain political information

Then there was "Clinton Gate" ...is having an affair all that unusual for a politician?

And now there is "Bush Gate" - he purposefully decieved congress in order to get the support he needed to send troops and requistion budget money that was earmarked for other projects...even if he blames this all on his writers and other politcal scapegoats - he is still ultimately accountable for his own actions! Furthermore, I hold him personally accountable for every American Soldier who is wounded or killed in Iraq!

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

May I suggest to you that as moderator of this poll you just edit it and start it again since it seemed to record a vote wrong.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
scottish2 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I would but we already have some dialog going on this so best not to otherwise would loose it all unless reposted. A mistake was made in voting but was corrected in dialog so will leave it as is. Just curious as to where folks stand on this issue.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I can't really answer that poll question because I'm not an american citizen...
but I definitly am for making it less easy for him, maybe even impeachment.

Today the dead body of Dr. David Kelly was found. Dr. Kelly was an UN weapons inspector. He was under preassure of giving the BBC secret information over the iraq issue which lead to the allegation that the WMD dossier was exaggerating the real circumstances in iraq (45 minutes to launch an attack with WMD).

I don't doubt that Saddam had WMD's and I don't think it was wrong to make him go, but the time and the way were not right.
In my eyes it was a try to make us forget that they still didn't find Osama...

I don't know if they really lied to us but if they did they have to go.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 18-Jul-2003, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

link to the google newspage

google news - headlines concerning David Kelly

hope it works
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted on 19-Jul-2003, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

I could not get to the page you posted Aon, but I did a google search for Dr. David Kelly and a bunch more new articles came up about him. How sad! And how tragic! I agree that most of the newspapers call him yet another vicitim of the Iraq War. Our government leaders are far too non-chalant about who and where and why they want to go to war - the reason being is that none of this stuff will ever touch Blair or Bush in any sort of personal way - it's no skin off their noses so to speak. None of their relatives will ever see any fighting action or be sent to the frontlines. None of thier brothers, sisters or cousins or best friends will be ordered to patrol an unstable area.

It is sort of like the Economic Joke that went around in the 70s...If your neighbor is out of work then you call the economy a "recession," but if you are the one who is out of work, then you call the economy a "depression."

If your neighbor is the one who is on patrol then its a "patriotic duty to your country" but I am sure it would be a whole lot different if the President was required to not only give a speech on Iraqi soil, but to actually live in a tent and under the same conditions there just like our guys he sent over there.
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted on 19-Jul-2003, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Here is how CNN is reporting Dr. Kelly's death:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/07/19...elly/index.html
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted on 19-Jul-2003, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Jul 18 2003, 04:30 PM)
I can't really answer that poll question because I'm not an american citizen...
but I definitly am for making it less easy for him, maybe even impeachment.

Today the dead body of Dr. David Kelly was found. Dr. Kelly was an UN weapons inspector. He was under preassure of giving the BBC secret information over the iraq issue which lead to the allegation that the WMD dossier was exaggerating the real circumstances in iraq (45 minutes to launch an attack with WMD).

I don't doubt that Saddam had WMD's and I don't think it was wrong to make him go, but the time and the way were not right.
In my eyes it was a try to make us forget that they still didn't find Osama...

I don't know if they really lied to us but if they did they have to go.

In my mind it makes no difference if you are a US citizen or not, what Bush ( King George II) did affected the whole world and will continue to infect it in the future; I might add he was not alone, the UK's Primeminister had a big hand in this also!!!

Watch that story about Dr. Kelley, it should become one of the greatest works of fiction the 2 governments have ever composed!!!

Yea what about Osama; my 10 year old daughter asked me that at the begining of the Bush war..." dad what happened to that Osama dude? I thought we were at war with him, who is this Sadam?...." If kids can see it why can't the supposed grown ups?
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Catriona 
Posted on 19-Jul-2003, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

I haven't voted on this poll - simply because I don't believe as a Scot, I have anything useful to add...

However, I can say that the death of Dr Kelly - a fine Welshman - is tragic. My husband has colleagues who knew him well - and are devastated at his death.

A man thrown to the wolves to protect both our Prime Minister and your President's stance on the Iraq war. A true patriot who was concerned about how the background was being presented to the public. All he did was talk to a journalist - he did not pass on any secret information.

Speaking in Tokyo, Tony Blair looked drawn and haunted... As a Christian, he should be feeling really awful that his actions have driven an honourable man to suicide.

I was against this war from the start. I am against being an automatic ally of any US stance, no matter how much the British public protest against such an alliance....

I fear for this world. I fear for the USA. You are in an unenviable position. One that Britain once found itself in - ie TOP DOG in the world.... With such a position comes great responsibilities.... Granted Britain did not get it right in many of its dealings around the globe..... but, we did give democracy to many countries (including yours!)...

The continued deaths in Iraq must be a tremendous burden on the American psyche - I do not believe that Iraq will be another Vietnam - but it may become your Northern Ireland. And, God Help us, ours too.....
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]