Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 13-Mar-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I viewed all of these and that is a bit of an indication that the American public may be returning to the beliefs of our founders.

I saw that the liberal 9th District court in Sacramento affirmed the right to keep "under God" in the pledge of allegiance and "in God we trust" on our money. This was a bit of a shock considering the court and the thinking among legal minds is that the SC will not hear it.

There may be hope for the US yet.

Slāinte,    

Patch     

PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

You said that there were indications of Americans returning to the beliefs of the Founders. This would be a very good thing especially if they returned to the beliefs of such men as: Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, Allen, and Paine. These men were all Deists who believed that God did not govern the happens of this Planet and that understanding could come about by reason and observing the Natural World with no need for faith or organized Religion. They doubted the divinity of Christ and were extremely suspicious of so called miracles. Upon reading this (although I can't condone their treason) my admiration for them rose a good few degrees.

Camac.

Dogshirt 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Treason? There was no treason. Had they lost their bid for independence it might have been treason. But since that was not the case, it was righteous indignation and disgust with a foreign dictator. And we have dealt with those the same way since then.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Remember guys, you're in the Celtic Radio version of Church. If you want to fight you really ought to "take it outside". no.gif
Camac
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Dogshirt;
Each to his own. The point I was making was that a number of your Founding Fathers were not what could be termed Christian but rather Deists who found reason and logic more important that faith and zealousness.

Camac.

Dogshirt 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

MacE
We weren't fighting, merely expressing points of view. I have no bones to pick
with Camac. Other than a few points, we see things much the same. And I for one wouldn't have it any other way. biggrin.gif

beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Yeah Mace we weren't fighting. One is allowed a dfference of opinion is not one. Anyway starting a fight in Church is small when compared to some of the crimes that have been committed in side so called holy places. Also as a Canadian we look at things a lot differently than Americans do and as a Monarchist your Founders committed the act of Treason and got away with it when they won the Revolution. Just remember up to that point there was a price on their heads.

Camac.

MacEoghainn 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 14-Mar-2010, 01:48 PM)
Dogshirt;
Each to his own. The point I was making was that a number of your Founding Fathers were not what could be termed Christian but rather Deists who found reason and logic more important that faith and zealousness.

Camac.

I have some Canadian blood flowing in my veins (and I suspect it may be "Tory" blood too). One of my Rice ancestors and his wife were both born in Canada just after the Revolution. The Rice's were a big family in Massachusetts, and most of my Rice ancestors lived in the area of Boston, before and during the revolution, where Paul and the studios for Highland Radio currently reside.

I am merely suggesting that one of the other forums, such as Politics Live, is a better place to argue this subject (friendly or not) than this forum. We have gone way offtopic.gif of this reason I started this thread.
Rindy 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I agree with MacEoghainn take the differences on over to the politics thread please, thanks. beer_mug.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Mace/Rindy;

I did not intend to bring politics into this Forum I meerly answered Patch by saying if Americans were returning to the beliefs of their Founders it would be good if they followed Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and other in that they were Deists and not to enarmoured with organized religion.

Camac

stoirmeil 
Posted: 15-Mar-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

While I agree with Rindy that Kirk and Chapel may not be the place for this particular discussion, we could also recognize that there is a certain amount of political charge to the original post and the contents of the link, that would tend to draw this kind of discussion.

Anyone want to carry it on in the other forum? It's an interesting observation Camac is making.
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 15-Mar-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

stoirmeil; Thanks. I was merely replying to Patch's observation but I must confess I couldn't resist the slight political snipe.

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]